FA Cup 4th Round Draw

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SouthCoastArsenal

Re: FA Cup 4th Round Draw

Post by SouthCoastArsenal »

northbank123;

Liverpool won't 'cruise through' at Bournemouth... :D

SouthCoastArsenal

Post by SouthCoastArsenal »

Mind you, being in Boscombe it will be like a home game for them!

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

corkbarry wrote:
Chippy wrote:Poor old Barry. :(
I'm on a winner either way. Having lived in Coventry in my teens and followed them Home and Away they have a special place in my heart but they are NOT The Arsenal :barscarf:

COYG

Less of the old ya langer :wink:
Well you are one of the few on here older than me! :twisted: :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

As long as we avoid City or Chelsea (and perhaps Everton) until the semi or final then we have a real chance to win this thing. :barscarf:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

I Hate Hleb wrote:As long as we avoid City or Chelsea (and perhaps Everton) until the semi or final then we have a real chance to win this thing. :barscarf:
I wouldn't particularly fancy Liverpool away either, but I agree with the sentiment.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

QuartzGooner wrote:
northbank123 wrote: They have 5 or 6 live slots over the weekend, they're really struggling to any games worthy of TV.
I thought that too, on paper no classics.

I think our game vs Coventry and Chelsea vs Stoke will get bid for, think channels will want clubs with bigger fanbases to draw in advertising revenue.
Does bode well for exciting games in the fifth round though if the top tier teams win their games
I'm not sure they'll have our game on, despite last year's exit it's almost certain to be a boring regulation steamrolling although their hand may be forced by dire draw.

Stevenage v Everton and Burton/Bournemouth v Liverpool are complete bankers imo, as United would have been if they progressed. Would very much imagine Chelsea v Stoke will also be on. Other than that I think Bolton v Cardiff may get the nod or possibly Forest v Ipswich (if they beat Preston) or our game.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

another 6-1 please, alhough blackburn last season springs to mind, but cov are well shit, so even we can't fuck this up :shock:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

just wondering whether we might be selected for one of the TV live games again

I reckon it will be
Stevenage v Everton
Bournemouth v Liverpool
Chelsea v Stoke

after that I am struggling - they might pick Wigan as the current holders v Palace or us v Coventry

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:another 6-1 please, alhough blackburn last season springs to mind, but cov are well shit, so even we can't fuck this up :shock:

I would like a 6 5 Arsenal win :D

Simon

Post by Simon »

Another glamour tie! Hopefully the Club will charge Category A prices again to keep out the riff raff. :-P

RVP2

Post by RVP2 »

Great draw, not a hugely interesting game, but just what we needed in terms of giving the main players a little rest before a crucial period.

Daycat

Post by Daycat »

Gunner Rob wrote:just wondering whether we might be selected for one of the TV live games again

I reckon it will be
Stevenage v Everton
Bournemouth v Liverpool
Chelsea v Stoke

after that I am struggling - they might pick Wigan as the current holders v Palace or us v Coventry
Was thinking perhaps Southend vs Hull could be a tv pick aswell

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Daycat wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:just wondering whether we might be selected for one of the TV live games again

I reckon it will be
Stevenage v Everton
Bournemouth v Liverpool
Chelsea v Stoke

Was thinking perhaps Southend vs Hull could be a tv pick aswell
I think it will be Sheffield United vs. Fulham/Norwich. They've just knocked out Villa, and it's got the potential for another upset. Agree with Rob's first three selections too.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

When will the time and dates be announced?