Chavs FB H Tue May 2nd KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Chavs FB H Tue May 2nd KO 8pm

Post by xisstential »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:17 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:09 pm
Apparently Xhaka might not be fit for Tuesday 🙏 🙏. And, as I predicted 10 days ago, Saliba is out for the season. It is so predictable.......what does it matter now anyway?

Next year the rebuilding starts.....that hit and miss process should see us through until 2030 when Arteta gets replaced and the new guy is left with £200m worth of deadwood.
He was out for the season a few games ago. Couldn’t be arsed to post it for the abuse I would have got. People would rather force themselves up someone on here’s arsehole when they do a copy and paste job off of twatter. :lol:
You think that's news to anyone who lived through the Wenger years?.....a leetle neegle was always 4 or 5 games. Any other kind of injury where you heard " not responding as we hoped," too early to say ( after a month)", "being closely monitored, don't want to rush him back" was almost always Arsenal speak for a season ender. We didn't need sources then, and we don't need sources now, to tell us that.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:16 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:01 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:41 am
That would be a Huge mistake to let ESR go; though I would fully understand and wish the lad well should he leave Arsenal, as many have already said to play Vieira the cocktail stick instead of ESR equates with the (wrong) kind of thinking as continually playing Clive. :?
Just read an article that Arteta is prepared to let Xhaka go. It sounds exciting until you read the club will "listen to offers" And that dickhead has such a high opinion of himself, he'll expect to go to a big club.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-29845573
Please don't tease.... :lol: :wink:
Don't let the hope kill you. I have it on good authority :wink: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

:lol: :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

If people can read the tea leaves rather than any actual source of information then can you tell me what we are up to this summer.

Who’s in? Who’s out? Who’s going to shake it all about?

Over to you “the oracles”.

(Furiously Googles Arsenal Transfer News for some shit to throw at a wall. :lol: )

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I thought you were the Oracle?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

:lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Apparently you knew Saliba was out for the season by reading the language of Mikel Arteta. So what else have you gleaned? :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Anyway- now the joy of Spursyness has happened it's back to us to be the other embarrassing half of the North London Bottling Society

There isn't a fucking hope of winning this

Back to the scared stiff, walking pace football, shaky as fuck in defence, weak as a kitten midfielders and lack of leadership

2-2 at best
1-3 at worst

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:18 pm
Anyway- now the joy of Spursyness has happened it's back to us to be the other embarrassing half of the North London Bottling Society

Back to the scared stiff, walking pace football, shaky as fuck in defence, weak as a kitten midfielders and lack of leadership

2-2 at best
1-3 at worst
If we don’t win then it will get nasty when we also don’t pick up anything away to Newcastle. 6 games with no win. For a team that was top for most of the season. That would be handbrake, special circumstances, leetle bit accident levels of bottling.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:49 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

2-2 at best
1-3 at worst
If we don’t win then it will get nasty when we also don’t pick up anything away to Newcastle. 6 games with no win. For a team that was top for most of the season. That would be handbrake, special circumstances, leetle bit accident levels of bottling.
Top top, super quality bottling !

The sort that only the Coach of the Decade could manage after 30 years working in football

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:31 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

2-2 at best
1-3 at worst

The sort that only the Coach of the Decade could manage after 30 years working in football
I reckon if we go to the end of the season without another win we could end up being presented with a gold bottle by the Premier League. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:03 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:31 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

2-2 at best
1-3 at worst

I reckon if we go to the end of the season without another win we could end up being presented with a gold bottle by the Premier League. :lol:
We can put a picture of it with 2023 next to it around the club level perimeter to mark our latest trophy. Already outrageous that Wenger's 2013 Calendar Year Champions aren't honoured on that list

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:

2-2 at best
1-3 at worst

In recent seasons I have always been confident of beating these c.unts cos they had gaping holes that were being ignored by all and sundry in the meeja - this time my confidence of winning this game is on another level entirely, and I swear to god if we dont beat them by couple of goals I will be absolutely disgusted and raging. I know that we have shit the bed of late and confidence/bottle is on the floor, but these c.unts have been shit all fcuking season and are on a FIVE game losing run ffs. They dont have a striker, their defence is shit, and they have fat fwank as their manager - we had all of what the basque fool considers his best 11 bar saliba available against city, so there can be no excuses for not winning this comfortably imo

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:27 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

2-2 at best
1-3 at worst

In recent seasons I have always been confident of beating these c.unts cos they had gaping holes that were being ignored by all and sundry in the meeja - this time my confidence of winning this game is on another level entirely, and I swear to god if we dont beat them by couple of goals I will be absolutely disgusted and raging. I know that we have shit the bed of late and confidence/bottle is on the floor, but these c.unts have been shit all fcuking season and are on a FIVE game losing run ffs. They dont have a striker, their defence is shit, and they have fat fwank as their manager - we had all of what the basque fool considers his best 11 bar saliba available against city, so there can be no excuses for not winning this comfortably imo
Let me say - my lack of faith in us winning has no bearing on how shite they are. All of what you say is correct.

However I've seen us in this mode all too often. Southampton are unbelievably shit - off the scale shit. The first club to be inevitably relegated this season and haven't won in 9, and yet somehow almost beat us and scored 3 away from home. West Ham even worse - undeniably shit, as non scoring Palace proved and the Barcodes tool for 5 on their own patch.

As I posted on another thread in past seasons when we've needed results at this part of the season we've let Birmingham, Wigan, Blackburn, Sunderland and a whole heap of shit pull our pants down, and this 2023 version are proving themselves to just be another Wenger lite team.

We are absolutely paralysed by fear. None of the football that gripped everyone has been seen since the 15th minute at West Ham.

We could literally lose to anyone in this mode, even Fat Frank's worst Chavski team in 30 years

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 11:05 am
augie wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:27 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

2-2 at best
1-3 at worst

Let me say - my lack of faith in us winning has no bearing on how shite they are. All of what you say is correct.

However I've seen us in this mode all too often. Southampton are unbelievably shit - off the scale shit. The first club to be inevitably relegated this season and haven't won in 9, and yet somehow almost beat us and scored 3 away from home. West Ham even worse - undeniably shit, as non scoring Palace proved and the Barcodes tool for 5 on their own patch.

As I posted on another thread in past seasons when we've needed results at this part of the season we've let Birmingham, Wigan, Blackburn, Sunderland and a whole heap of shit pull our pants down, and this 2023 version are proving themselves to just be another Wenger lite team.

We are absolutely paralysed by fear. None of the football that gripped everyone has been seen since the 15th minute at West Ham.

We could literally lose to anyone in this mode, even Fat Frank's worst Chavski team in 30 years
I read a really good article about our form since and including the Villa game. Basically how we were as open as an Amsterdam brothel but Saliba and to a lesser extent Partey had initially been managing it. Saliba is so good one on one and he tends to cut out a lot of counters. It talked you through the Villa game, the Bournemouth game, Leeds and Palace and then culminated with the recent draws and loss. It simply agreed with what I have been saying for weeks. It was totally unattainable and our Houdini acts at Villa and home to Bournemouth were opening over cracks. Once we lost Saliba we had a run of easy games which we managed well. However there were scares in those games. Lots of missed chances from the oppo and us being clinical at the right points in the game. Latterly we have dropped clangers and it has come on top, culminating in the current state of disarray. I really don’t think we’ve properly collapsed yet.