VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: VAR

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:39 am
How sweet would it be that if by opening his fucking fat mouth here, one of the most bent refs there ever was, caused an independent review to be carried out of PGMOL and officiating in this league for the last 30 odd years.
Honestly, I’ve always believed a lot of it will come out when Ferguson dies.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:16 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:39 am
How sweet would it be that if by opening his fucking fat mouth here, one of the most bent refs there ever was, caused an independent review to be carried out of PGMOL and officiating in this league for the last 30 odd years.
Honestly, I’ve always believed a lot of it will come out when Ferguson dies.
Me too.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

And so VAR just Happens To Go In Favour Of The Oil Head Choppers (Again).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66724505

Quelle surprise :roll:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

PGMOL admits 'significant human error'

Refs' body admits 'significant human error' cost Liverpool

The Saudi Arabia football federation has approached leading English Premier League referees about officiating in the Saudi Pro League. (Telegraph - subscription)

Get shot of the whole bloody lot of them

Bent or incompetent I don’t care, they don’t deserve to be kept in a job.

VAR works if it is correctly used - no excuse for that yesterday, same as our Brentford fiasco

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Both have apparently been "stood down" but not fired of course. This will be brushed off as VAR boys lurch onto their next fiasco......

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:36 pm
Both have apparently been "stood down" but not fired of course. This will be brushed off as VAR boys lurch onto their next fiasco......

The only hope is that the Victims live up to their reputation and refuse to let it go, like a dog with a bone. As I said elsewhere on here, for once I'd be on their side. I've never been one to believe too much in conspiracy theories and that our game is corrupt, but fuck me, it makes you start wondering. That was an absolute disgrace yesterday and not just the disallowed goal but the yellow and red cards too. The scum get an awful lot of VAR decisions go their way.

Liverpool have already issued a statement that is tougher than the usual "we're disappointed, but mistakes happen" crap that most teams come out with. They'll probably be demanding a Parliamentary enquiry and justice the wronged trio. On this occasion, I hope so.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Get your fucking candles ready lads, the *mousers will be holding compulsory public mourning for their loss. :roll: :lol: :censored:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Justice for the 96mm he was onside by. :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Get your fucking candles ready lads, the *mousers will be holding compulsory public mourning for their loss. :roll: :lol: :censored:

Yep, an all night candle lit vigil with a huge banner saying "Justice For The White Hart Lane Three". The date of the game was 30th September...put it in your diaries, because there'll be a minutes silence every year on the date and maybe even black armbands (which seem to be compulsory at least somewhere every weekend for whatever obscure or totally unrelated event).

Mind you, as I said before, I'm 100% behind them on this one. I'd piss myself if the game had to be replayed, although I doubt that will happen. The scum would probably threaten to take the PL/FA to court and would ask why other games with clear VAR fuck ups haven't been replayed. The PL and their PGMOL lackeys have dug a huge hole for themselves...fucking good.

Btw, I see that the PGMOL have said that the two VAR clowns were "stood down" for the rest of the weekend. Well done PGMOL, considering it was the Saturday evening game and there was only one match on Sunday. :roll: These idiots make things worse with their inane comments and excuses.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:47 pm
Justice for the 96mm he was onside by. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:54 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yep, an all night candle lit vigil with a huge banner saying "Justice For The White Hart Lane Three". The date of the game was 30th September...put it in your diaries, because there'll be a minutes silence every year on the date and maybe even black armbands (which seem to be compulsory at least somewhere every weekend for whatever obscure or totally unrelated event).

Mind you, as I said before, I'm 100% behind them on this one. I'd piss myself if the game had to be replayed, although I doubt that will happen. The scum would probably threaten to take the PL/FA to court and would ask why other games with clear VAR fuck ups haven't been replayed. The PL and their PGMOL lackeys have dug a huge hole for themselves...fucking good.

Btw, I see that the PGMOL have said that the two VAR clowns were "stood down" for the rest of the weekend. Well done PGMOL, considering it was the Saturday evening game and there was only one match on Sunday. :roll: These idiots make things worse with their inane comments and excuses.
VAR didn’t get it wrong - the 2 officials Darran England and Dan Cook fucked it up.

I wish media etc would stop saying VAR error, it wasn’t it was those 2 clowns 🤡
Name them, shame them, hold them accountable ….

Incompetent or bent, either way they need to lose their job

And why oh why are match officials allowed to jaunt across the planet to ref other league matches ? get rid of all of them if they want to moonlight at another Job.

As already said by others they attempt to look after each other, cover up, ineptitude and incompetence, in an old boys act rather than look to make factual decisions.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:56 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

VAR didn’t get it wrong - the 2 officials Darran England and Dan Cook fucked it up.

And why oh why are match officials allowed to jaunt across the planet to ref other league matches ? get rid of all of them if they want to moonlight at another Job.

As already said by others they attempt to look after each other, cover up, ineptitude and incompetence, in an old boys act rather than look to make factual decisions.

Alright, alright Stuart, not like you to be so pedantic. :lol: :box:

I wasn't suggesting that the machine was playing up, I thought everyone would realise the beefing about VAR decisions and fuck ups was implicating the dullards administering it.

You're right, they shouldn't be allowed to get off lightly and something doesn't smell right about this case.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:49 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I wasn't suggesting that the machine was playing up, I thought everyone would realise the beefing about VAR decisions and fuck ups was implicating the dullards administering it.

You're right, they shouldn't be allowed to get off lightly and something doesn't smell right about this case.

Wasn’t a dig at you Neil, more the media blaming a faceless entity VAR when it is individuals incompetence or deliberate bias.

Get rid of VAR is the call from many, no, get rid of those officials not fit to use it correctly and it will work fine

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It needs a full on high profile protest at Every Prem Ground by the Fans that catches the eye and camera and so becomes headlines in all the media so that it can no longer be Ignored & swept under the carpet...

Lot's of Banners saying things like PGMOL are CORRUPT

PGMOL are a JOKE! etc etc etc

AND it needs ALL the clubs to band together and say Enough Is Enough.

I was listening to 5Live earlier on and one of the ex-players said something along the lines that VAR is now causing more wrong decisions and Injustice's than used to happen when Ref's made human error.... Also that Ref's are not making the Brave / Self-Empowered decisions they used to because they are relying on VAR to correct them if they get it wrong .... Sadly VAR or rather those using it are inept and so fucking up games & results. It's only a matter of time when they get a decision that will decide who wins a trophy or who gets relegated.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:08 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:49 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Wasn’t a dig at you Neil, more the media blaming a faceless entity VAR when it is individuals incompetence or deliberate bias.

Get rid of VAR is the call from many, no, get rid of those officials not fit to use it correctly and it will work fine

I know you wasn’t Stuart, I was joking. You’re right, whether one likes the idea of VAR or not, it’s the idiots using it that are screwing up. They don’t seem to have these problems, or not that I’ve heard of, in the rest of Europe.