ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:49 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:46 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:16 pm
starting to feel like fuck all is going to happen
Why can't Arsenal sign a player without this long drawn out drama? When was the last time Arsenal signed someone without any fuss ? I am guessing Diawarra from Chelsea on deadline day years ago..Maybe Monreal?
I remember as a kid listening to Sports Report on BBC Radio 2 every day at 6 45pm . Was so excited one day in late 1976 when the headline was "Arsenal sign Alan Hudson " ,no build up no drama,obviously a lot of behind the scenes work was done. Look at Gabriel, Pepe , Sanchez, Xhaka and even Mustafi. All long drawn out sagas.

Thing that should concern you more is the very real prospect of not getting rid of any of the real cancer's in the squad - two weeks until the season starts (properly), and the only one anywhere close to leaving is maitland-niles, and I still dont see the point in selling him cos I still believe that he is a good enough and versatile player for us.
No way should we be selling AMN, he's worth a lot more than £20m given his versatility. Get Bellend out first.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Why can't Arsenal sign a player without this long drawn out drama? When was the last time Arsenal signed someone without any fuss ? I am guessing Diawarra from Chelsea on deadline day years ago..Maybe Monreal?
I remember as a kid listening to Sports Report on BBC Radio 2 every day at 6 45pm . Was so excited one day in late 1976 when the headline was "Arsenal sign Alan Hudson " ,no build up no drama,obviously a lot of behind the scenes work was done. Look at Gabriel, Pepe , Sanchez, Xhaka and even Mustafi. All long drawn out sagas.

Thing that should concern you more is the very real prospect of not getting rid of any of the real cancer's in the squad - two weeks until the season starts (properly), and the only one anywhere close to leaving is maitland-niles, and I still dont see the point in selling him cos I still believe that he is a good enough and versatile player for us.
Agree 100%...I know DB10 won't agree but I think AMN is more than worth his place in the squad. On the other hand if anyone was genuinely interested in Bellerin then let him go.. The sickening thing is the duds will still be here in two weeks. Who would want them and even if anyone was desperate enough who would pay them what Arsenal pay them?
The point I was making on transfers was that every Arsenal transfer is like a mini series on TV. Look at Doherty to Spuds, speculation on Wednesday, talks yesterday and probably announced today. I know it's not that simple but it is certainly more efficient than us.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Maitland Niles should have been out the fucking door after the Baku debacle last season. He absolutely stank that final out. Hopefully we’re just playing hard ball negotiating tactics by bigging him up because he’s shite and simply not good enough for the top level.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I can't help but feel a bit sorry for AMN as his transition to the first team was a shite experience given those around him and being played out of position. That said if we are going to sell him then we really should have thought about a deal with Doherty at Wolves. I had him in my fantasy side last season and as a defender he was really rather handy playing as a wingback. I would still sell Bellend in a heartbeat and if we replaced him with a gooner then even better.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:39 am
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Agree 100%...I know DB10 won't agree but I think AMN is more than worth his place in the squad. On the other hand if anyone was genuinely interested in Bellerin then let him go.. The sickening thing is the duds will still be here in two weeks. Who would want them and even if anyone was desperate enough who would pay them what Arsenal pay them?
The point I was making on transfers was that every Arsenal transfer is like a mini series on TV. Look at Doherty to Spuds, speculation on Wednesday, talks yesterday and probably announced today. I know it's not that simple but it is certainly more efficient than us.
Nobody saw Ozil coming - it was done and dusted on deadline day I believe.

Be careful what you wish for (as someone once said).

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:04 am
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

No way should we be selling AMN, he's worth a lot more than £20m given his versatility. Get Bellend out first.

Ask and it shall be done (maybe):

Arsenal are prepared to sell right-back Hector Bellerin to Juventus with new manager Andrea Pirlo making the Spain 25-year-old his top priority (Corriere Dello Sport https://www.corrieredellosport.it/news/ ... in_o_dest/) via BBC (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are ready to cash in on Emiliano Martínez as they see Bernd Leno as the number one despite the outstanding performances from the Argentine. The club are seeking a £20m fee [@TheAthleticUK]. https://t.co/zSf4ED36dW

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:31 am
Maitland Niles should have been out the fucking door after the Baku debacle last season. He absolutely stank that final out. Hopefully we’re just playing hard ball negotiating tactics by bigging him up because he’s shite and simply not good enough for the top level.
Agreed. Forget all this smoke and mirrors of "he's been played out of position". That's not the issue. A good player can play well in more than one position, maybe not brilliantly, but at least to a half decent standard. AMN has been awful every time he's played bar one or two ten minute spells and a couple of good runs in the FA Cup final. The rest of the time he's been shockingly poor. He is missing too much fundamentally in his game to be at a top club.

He will be at Palace or the Orcs within 2 seasons.

But as I said above his reputation is better than the reality and if we sell him we should not just give him away.

nut flush gooner

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:40 pm
Arsenal are ready to cash in on Emiliano Martínez as they see Bernd Leno as the number one despite the outstanding performances from the Argentine. The club are seeking a £20m fee [@TheAthleticUK]. https://t.co/zSf4ED36dW
The article suggests in the current market his value could be depressed to £10m, that would be typical Arsenal selling him for that price. Madness.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:17 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
The article suggests in the current market his value could be depressed to £10m, that would be typical Arsenal selling him for that price. Madness.
I'd rather hang onto him and let them scrap it out for the jersey than give him away for 10million.

nut flush gooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:19 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
I'd rather hang onto him and let them scrap it out for the jersey than give him away for 10million.
Exactly, give Leno some proper competition if he is to come back as number 1.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

BREAKING: Arsenal submit bid of £32m for Thomas Partey. #Atletico #Arsenal
Arsenal’s bid for partey is seen as a positive first bid with the club eager to get the player in. The player likes the idea of playing in the premier league and personal terms are no issue however atleti want RC. Arsenal trying to come to some sort of agreement.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal are also preparing a 24m bid for soumare.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arteta has come in a shook the board up according to my source. Coming from city where they have strength in depth in every position. Josh kroenke has a soft spot for Mikel and there ready to back him with his philosophy.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:19 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Exactly, give Leno some proper competition if he is to come back as number 1.
Hexeants to be no 1 for Argentina and won't be happy sitting on the bench , cant see us keeping both.