WBA GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: WBA GAME THREAD

Post by Herd »

In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again.

Life is just a state of mind !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again.

Life is just a state of mind !
Yes but sometimes the gardener let's too many weeds grow and let's the roses die unecessarily. All because he failed to plan his garden properly and to buy enough roses and get rid of enough Chamakhs - oops, sorry - weeds.

And sometimes people that frequent that garden will be angry about the gardener's failings and yet other people will not be angered but will instead point out that the gardener did such a great job with that garden years ago and so based upon his previous great work should now be made gardener for life right up until the garden itself fucking dies.

:(

:wink:

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

If you had told me a few years ago that we'd be heading into a game against WBA as the underdog, I would have laughed uncontrollably.

=\

augie

Post by augie »

Robin_L wrote:
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Arsenal are not a laughing stock, below the level we should be - yes - but not a laughing stock.

We have Wenger and the current players till January, my point is there is little moaning and creating a harsh atmosphere at the outset of games will do.

Post-game, thats a different matter.
The Wenger Out Brigade are perfectly happy for this club to go down the shitter until Wenger leaves and Mourinho ( :lol: ), Guardiola ( :lol: ) or Moyes ( :lol: ) comes in and turns us into the dominant force in world football inside one season.

Hence they're looking for us to lose every game. That's the kind of logic you're up against here pal

I have always defended the right of the pro wenger camp to make their feelings known on here without unfairly being labelled as a wum but you my friend are a wum - you offer nothing to the debates but just make snide remarks here and there in a bid to ridicule others rather than to back up your own beliefs :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Robin_L wrote:
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Arsenal are not a laughing stock, below the level we should be - yes - but not a laughing stock.

We have Wenger and the current players till January, my point is there is little moaning and creating a harsh atmosphere at the outset of games will do.

The Wenger Out Brigade are perfectly happy for this club to go down the shitter until Wenger leaves and Mourinho ( :lol: ), Guardiola ( :lol: ) or Moyes ( :lol: ) comes in and turns us into the dominant force in world football inside one season.

Hence they're looking for us to lose every game. That's the kind of logic you're up against here pal

I have always defended the right of the pro wenger camp to make their feelings known on here without unfairly being labelled as a wum but you my friend are a wum - you offer nothing to the debates but just make snide remarks here and there in a bid to ridicule others rather than to back up your own beliefs :roll:
Agreed 100%.

Robin_L - why don't you post the reasons you still believe in Wenger, rather than just childish snide jibes and ill-informed generalisations?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Agreed Chauncey Gardiner for Manager !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Agreed Chauncey Gardiner for Manager !
:lol:

"One Chauncey Gardiner! One Chauncey Gaaaaaardiner! There's only One Chauncey Gardiner!" :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Fuck the garden dig it up and concrete it over and lets be done with it once and for all

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

flash gunner wrote:Fuck the garden dig it up and concrete it over and lets be done with it once and for all
Yes, and then we can start painting some murals on the concrete and let the Arsenalisation of the garden begin

:barscarf: :barscarf:

piresistible

Post by piresistible »

just get to january and win this fucker will ya

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

DB10_TH14 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:The atmosphere at this game will be pretty poisonous if things start going badly.

At least it's some kind of atmosphere.
You mean the stadium will be half empty long before the end and no more than 1000 people will utter a few boos under their breath. How to protest Arsenal style
That's as poisonous it gets at the Wengerdome 3000 mate.

But it will undoubtedly be pretty tense and the crowd will get on the players' backs for every misplaced pass unless we get a goal in the first 20-25 mins. And then (miracle of miracles) hold on.
we'd have to be winning 4-0 for me to feel comfortable anymore but then again we have blown a 4 goal lead beforen :oops:
My 'threshold of comfortableness' only comes if we're 5 goals up with less than 10 minutes to go!! :oops: Or if we are leading by more goals than there is 'injury' time to play. :oops: :oops: Thus, I never really get to relax and enjoy a performance and victory until the match is over. :cry: :cry: Then I begin the fretting all over again for the next one!! :banghead: :banghead: :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Speaks volumes how nervous we were at 4-2 up against 10 men of Spurs who were all out on their feet and could barely string a pass together and did our best to throw the game away.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

augie wrote:
Robin_L wrote:

Right, whereas the morons wishing serious illness/injury upon the guy who led us to 3 league titles and 4 fa cups are sensible contributors to the debate are they? :roll: Do me a favour

I'm not an AKB either, the extreme Wenger apologists are just as irritating as the other end of the scale, simpletons that appear to genuiney believe Mourinho will be here next season spending £100m on players and firing us to the league title. :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Mourinho's not going to come so let's just carry on the way things are going. After all there are absolutely no other alternatives :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :banghead: :banghead:

If Wenger had walked away when he should have (after he let the only team capable of anything since the Invincibles break up with consummate ease and even encouragement) we could have had any available manager in world football. If we can't attract a top manager now then it's because Wenger has stubbornly dragged us so far down instead of walking away.

And what's so funny about the idea of us approaching Moyes? He'd jump at the chance, he must have realised the glass ceiling at Everton long long ago. Compare our wage bills and turnovers, plus we are a miles bigger club, he would be a fall-back banker for me.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

We will win this game with great ease and then everyone will wonder how we dare question Wenger, let alone our players :rubchin:

We have had the long poor run of form.

We have had Wenger's future questioned.

We have had the questions asked about the quality of our team.

We have qualified for the CL knock out stage.

We have had the endless speculation regarding the transfer window and how much we will/can spend.

All the above happens every year just before Christmas so we should all know the script by now, same old song, same old tune, then a team cone's along that we tear apart and then the media queston who could dare to question Wenger and the fact that he has managed with his hands tied behind his back for years :|