FINALLY INDEPENDENT

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

khalid_red wrote:
GoonerJim wrote:[quote="khalid_redWho represents the nations in UN? The people of the nation, nope. Corrupt, sleazy presidents and prime-ministers who care about their pockets more than the interest of people. I rate NATO like I rate Al-Qaeda. Both care for their interests only and don't want to negotiate.
Nope Ambassadors represent their nations. And the fact you compare NATO to Al-Qaeda is laughable!
btw NATO arent there to negotiate - they are there to act.
This argument is too deep, Jim. Out of interest, do you believe that Global Warming is influenced by people?[/quote]

Nope Khalid that is directly linked to my farting!

8)

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:Nope Khalid that is directly linked to my farting!

8)
Too many beans, eh? :lol:

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

GoonerJim wrote:[quote="khalid_redWho represents the nations in UN? The people of the nation, nope. Corrupt, sleazy presidents and prime-ministers who care about their pockets more than the interest of people. I rate NATO like I rate Al-Qaeda. Both care for their interests only and don't want to negotiate.
And the fact you compare NATO to Al-Qaeda is laughable!
btw NATO arent there to negotiate - they are there to act.[/quote]

Isnt that a matter of perception and loyalties? Ofcourse you would think NATO arnt like Al Qaeda and are there to protect the member countries, you dont live in Iraq or Afghanistan.

There are many people in the middle east who consider Al Qaeda as their protector and Bin Laden as their hero. Why? Cause IN THEIR MINDS they are protecting Muslims from Western atrocities and tyrany.

This is the root of the problem really. The "We are holier than them" attitude. No one side is the victim here, both sides are responsible for killing innocents.

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

saw it on the news, really pleased, you guys deserve somewhere to call your own, especially after all the shit you've had to put up with. what we did in kosovo is one of the only things that this generation of british people can be proud of, (or indeed not be ashamed of :roll: ) have a good one KAQAK and stay safe.

KAQAK 4 PRESIDENT!

GoonerJim

Post by GoonerJim »

Gunnerz4life wrote:Isnt that a matter of perception and loyalties? Ofcourse you would think NATO arnt like Al Qaeda and are there to protect the member countries, you dont live in Iraq or Afghanistan.

There are many people in the middle east who consider Al Qaeda as their protector and Bin Laden as their hero. Why? Cause IN THEIR MINDS they are protecting Muslims from Western atrocities and tyrany.

This is the root of the problem really. The "We are holier than them" attitude. No one side is the victim here, both sides are responsible for killing innocents.
No it is a perception of fact. Nato have a clear aim and mandate whereas Al-qaeda do not.

The second point you raise is correct - however i fail to see what these western 'atrocities' are.

I am not claiming one side is more righteous or holier then the other however this whole 'war on terror' was started because of al-qaeda choosing to attack a building that was full of innocents who were citizens from most countries around the world (inlcuding muslim ones)

The other point is NATO dont *deliberately* kill innocents. al-qaeda target indiscriminately and to them anyone is fair game.

GoonerJim

Post by GoonerJim »

U.F.G Anfield '89 wrote:saw it on the news, really pleased, you guys deserve somewhere to call your own, especially after all the shit you've had to put up with. what we did in kosovo is one of the only things that this generation of british people can be proud of, (or indeed not be ashamed of :roll: ) have a good one KAQAK and stay safe.

KAQAK 4 PRESIDENT!
They do have a place to call their own... its called Albania.

as i have said before, yes what he serbs done was atrocious however that does not give anyone the right to take land that isnt theirs and in doing so break international law. Whos next to declare independence just because the majority of that region of a country arent native?? California and most of the southern US? Parts of Israel? hell even parts of the UK??

This has opened up a can of worms and i guarantee you it will come back to bite everyone in the arse.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

GoonerJim wrote:
U.F.G Anfield '89 wrote:saw it on the news, really pleased, you guys deserve somewhere to call your own, especially after all the shit you've had to put up with. what we did in kosovo is one of the only things that this generation of british people can be proud of, (or indeed not be ashamed of :roll: ) have a good one KAQAK and stay safe.

KAQAK 4 PRESIDENT!

as i have said before, yes what he serbs done was atrocious however that does not give anyone the right to take land that isnt theirs and in doing so break international law. Whos next to declare independence just because the majority of that region of a country arent native?? California and most of the southern US? Parts of Israel? hell even parts of the UK??

This has opened up a can of worms and i guarantee you it will come back to bite everyone in the arse.
You are right, Jim. Now ETA who are Basque separatists will think they have a right too. Sicily is not really Italian, they might as well separate from Italy too. If it continues like that, then Pakistanis in Birmingham might want to separate as well so they have their own mini-country with their laws.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

khalid_red wrote:
GoonerJim wrote:

KAQAK 4 PRESIDENT!

You are right, Jim. Now ETA who are Basque separatists will think they have a right too. Sicily is not really Italian, they might as well separate from Italy too. If it continues like that, then Pakistanis in Birmingham might want to separate as well so they have their own mini-country with their laws.
OI!!! YOU LEAVE US OUT OF IT!! :roll: :wink: :lol: :wink:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
khalid_red wrote:
GoonerJim wrote:

KAQAK 4 PRESIDENT!

OI!!! YOU LEAVE US OUT OF IT!! :roll: :wink: :lol: :wink:
Actually, surprisingly and you probably don't know it. Sicilians have more Arabian blood than Italian blood. Impressive, eh :wink:

Hagbard 23

Post by Hagbard 23 »

khalid_red wrote: Actually, surprisingly and you probably don't know it. Sicilians have more Arabian blood than Italian blood. Impressive, eh :wink:
Actually I did know that. Modern Sicilians are descendants of The Moors of North Africa.

However, there is a disagreement between modern Genaeologists whether the Moors were actually descended from Arabic culture, or they were migrants from Asia or southern Africa.

Smartypants. :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

WOULD YOU GUYS PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT MY ANCESTORS LIKE THAT!! :roll: :lol:

I ACTUALLY DID KNOW KHALID, BUT ONLY FOUND OUT IN RECENT YEARS. :shock: DOES THAT MEAN I'M GOING TO DEVELOPE THE URGE TO STRAP DYNAMITE ON ME AND BLOW UP INNOCENT PEOPLE? :roll: :x :lol: (AND JUST IN CASE YOU GET UPSET WITH THAT COMMENT, RELAX MATEY, THAT WAS ONLY A FUNNY JOKE. NO OFFENCE MEANT :wink: )

WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT, IF YOU GO BACK FAR ENOUGH, WE ARE ALL AFRICANS, AREN'T WE? 8) :lol: :wink:
Last edited by I Hate Hleb on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Hagbard 23 wrote:
khalid_red wrote: Actually, surprisingly and you probably don't know it. Sicilians have more Arabian blood than Italian blood. Impressive, eh :wink:
Actually I did know that. Modern Sicilians are descendants of The Moors of North Africa.

However, there is a disagreement between modern Genaeologists whether the Moors were actually descended from Arabic culture, or they were migrants from Asia or southern Africa.

Hagbard you know it :) But IHH probably doesn't so I am trying to teach him a few things. There is more to life than weed and tits :lol: To say the truth, I only found out a month or so. Is it a coincidence that the best Mafia has Arabian roots? Al-Qaeda... Taliban has Arabian roots too :roll: Us Arabians have never cared for PR anyway :lol: :wink:

Hagbard 23

Post by Hagbard 23 »

SPOT ON BROTHER.

I WISH EVERYONE COULD SUSS IT OUT.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

khalid_red wrote:
Hagbard 23 wrote:

Hagbard you know it :) But IHH probably doesn't so I am trying to teach him a few things. There is more to life than weed and tits :lol: To say the truth, I only found out a month or so. Is it a coincidence that the best Mafia has Arabian roots? Al-Qaeda... Taliban has Arabian roots too :roll: Us Arabians have never cared for PR anyway :lol: :wink:
MY BROTHER!!! 8) :lol: :wink:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

I Hate Hleb wrote:WOULD YOU GUYS PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT MY ANCESTORS LIKE THAT!! :roll: :lol:

I ACTUALLY DID KNOW KHALID, BUT ONLY FOUND OUT IN RECENT YEARS. :shock: DOES THAT MEAN I'M GOING TO DEVELOPE THE URGE TO STRAP DYNAMITE ON ME AND BLOW UP INNOCENT PEOPLE? :roll: :x :lol: (AND JUST IN CASE YOU GET UPSET WITH THAT COMMENT, RELAX MATEY, THAT WAS ONLY A FUNNY JOKE. NO OFFENCE MEANT :wink: )

WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT, IF YOU GO BACK FAR ENOUGH, WE ARE ALL AFRICANS, AREN'T WE? 8) :lol: :wink:
You could at least try and make me feel nice by saying:

"NO I DID NOT KNOW THAT, THANK YOU FOR VALUABLE INFORMATION"

:lol:
MY BROTHER!!!
That puts a new perspective on things. Change of plans for me. I always wanted to "do" you (this too is a joke or maybe not) :shock: :lol: :wink: