Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Unai Emery

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:45 pm
Spending big money on Leno and still starting Cech is the one that I find most annoying/baffling/frustrating - you can make a flimsy argument for starting mustafi (who is fcuking dogshit btw), and you can make a similar argument for xhaka and Ramsey, but there can be no sound logic for starting Cech imo
I dunno, it seems pretty smart to me to play cech in the games against city and the chavs where we could get tonked - what manager puts a keeper in on his debut where he could let in five or more ? - especially with our defensive problems ?

I would not be surprised at all to see cech play on Saturday and then Leno start against West Ham.

mustafi won a lot of headers yesterday, he is at least trying. Xhaka looked aimless.

one thing we do know, is that this week Dick and the analysts will sit down with every single player who played and go through the entire match performance with them for an hour or so.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:28 pm

one thing we do know, is that this week Dick and the analysts will sit down with every single player who played and go through the entire match performance with them for an hour or so.
Maybe our analysts can tell Emery that Cech Bellerin Xhaka and Ozil shouldnt play at Chelsea

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Ernie71 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:06 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Maybe our analysts can tell Emery that Cech Bellerin Xhaka and Ozil shouldnt play at Chelsea
they might, but not after one game - football is a business now. you have to try to develop assets and make the most of them, rather than binning them .

the weekly analysis doesn't give players anywhere to hide now though - you could think that three bad reviews in a row is enough to get any player benched or demoted.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:45 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:05 pm
Saw some positives today and still support his appointment but also some worrying decisions.

Cech as number one still?
Xhaka not only still in the frame but on a new long-term deal?
Iwobi on a new long-term deal?
Mustafi playing full stop?
Ramsey clearly main man particularly having not signed a new deal?

Spending big money on Leno and still starting Cech is the one that I find most annoying/baffling/frustrating - you can make a flimsy argument for starting mustafi (who is fcuking dogshit btw), and you can make a similar argument for xhaka and Ramsey, but there can be no sound logic for starting Cech imo

Big money for Arsenal but not in the current goalkeeping market. I'm theorising that Emery is starting with wenger's squad to give them a chance. He's seen the first two fixtures, realised we are not good enough with wenger's players so he'll play them, lose both games and then can justify ringing the changes. Although, by all accounts cech did well at keeping the score down. Torreira will replace Xhaka, and mkihi will move in to replace ramsey, and lacazette, will play in the front three. We have the players to make the system work. A 2-0 defeat against this city team is our best result against them for a couple of seasons.

Post by 1989 »

Cech should've saved the 1st goal. It was hit right in the middle, ffs.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Ernie71 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:20 pm
1989 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 pm
Fat Sam, dinosaur manager, not fit to lace Emery's boots
Yes Fat Sam is a c**t but that doesnt hide the fact that Emery trying to get Cech to play from the back was fucking madness against Man City of all teams.Like asking Xhaka to play DM
Thank you. I've seen some shit at our place(s) over the years but that playing out from the back against citeh was some of the most uncomfortable football I've ever had to endure. Painful. I'm all for reaching that goal but I think we need to be a bit sensible about how we get there.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fatty Corrupt Allarydce trying desperately to.make himself relevant again. Piss off you fat *word censored*. Last time you started all this shit we won the league undefeated away from hime and if I'm not mistaken, won it undefeated anywhere two years later. What a *word censored* the man is.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Have to echo the view that if Cech and Xhaka are still regulars after 5 games then it shows Emery isn’t that much different to Wonga. You need to drop the shit when it’s shit, not play it for 3 months to REALLY show how shit they are!

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

poor form from Adams criticizing the new man - for not choosing his back five from the start of pre-season and sticking with them :banghead:

he did have a pop at the ex manager too though, but that's no excuse for criticizing a top manager who is way way more experienced that he is himself.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think there is an element of jealousy in both Adams' and Fat Fuck's comments. They both probably thought they could get that job. :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Ernie71 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:20 pm

Emery trying to get Cech to play from the back was fucking madness against Man City of all teams.Like asking Xhaka to play DM
:D :D

Post by 1989 »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:48 pm
poor form from Adams criticizing the new man - for not choosing his back five from the start of pre-season and sticking with them :banghead:

he did have a pop at the ex manager too though, but that's no excuse for criticizing a top manager who is way way more experienced that he is himself.
He probably fancied himself for the job.

But when your recent managerial record is 6 games played and 6 defeats with Grenada, you ought to pipe down.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

We played a closed doors game against palace on Monday night.

4-0. Torrreira and Leno both started as did ESR.

Dick wanted to see how different our style of play would be.

He’s a very thoughtful bloke I think.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:54 pm
We played a closed doors game against palace on Monday night.

4-0. Torrreira and Leno both started as did ESR.

Dick wanted to see how different our style of play would be.

He’s a very thoughtful bloke I think.
And that is something that will make a huge difference, looking at the finer details, the extra 5% that will mean a win, getting the best out of individuals and in turn the team as a whole.

It may well take a little time, but so what, can’t wait for things to click into his way.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Yeah right. What he is looking at now is who has potential and who is able to learn and improve.

He’s going to give them all a chance to succeed or fail.