SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not sign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

1989 wrote:I cannot believe that we have him:

AND him:

2 of the world's best attacking midfielders at our club.
Don't forget...

...he'll be back soon :lol: :wink:

QuartzGooner

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not

Post by QuartzGooner »

1989 wrote:I cannot believe that we have Ozil and Cazorla,
That is a view oft repeated online since Monday.
But ten years ago we had Cole, Sol, Freddie, Pires, Vieira, Bergkamp and Henry.
We are still playing catchup.

Rohan

Post by Rohan »

northbank123 wrote:Rosicky wasn't a bad signing - his career at us has just been ruined by injuries and now that he has a decent chance to stay fit for a prolonged period is when we've needed him least with Cazorla and Ozil.
He helped us a lot in getting CL spot for last 2 years.

OneBardGooner

Re:

Post by OneBardGooner »

Red Gunner wrote:

AND him:

Don't forget...

You HAD TO go and spoil it with that last image didn't you - Yer MF'er! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:D :wink: :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

AND him:

That is genuine ***** material! :-P :D :oops: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC Website:

Germany manager Joachim Low has described Real Madrid's decision to sell Mesut Ozil to Arsenal as "incomprehensible".
The Gunners completed a £42.4m deal for the Germany midfielder, 24, on Monday following Real's signing of Gareth Bale from Tottenham.
But Low has questioned the decision to allow Ozil to leave the Bernabeu.
"For me, it's incomprehensible that Real would sell one of their top scorers," Low said.

"Many Real players like Sami Khedira or Cristiano Ronaldo are sad about the transfer."

Low feels that Ozil will benefit at the Emirates from the determination Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger showed to secure his signing.
The Germany manager, whose team face Austria in a World Cup qualifier on Friday, claims that the Gunners' style of football, as well as Wenger's support, will bring the best out of the former Werder Bremen midfielder.
He added: "Mesut is a sensitive player and he needs the faith from the club and the coach.
"It seems that was no longer 100% there at Real whereas Arsenal and their coach Arsene Wenger pulled out all the stops to get him.
"He has a top coach there and, with Lukas Podolski and Per Mertesacker, he has two German colleagues. Arsenal are a strong team who play technically high-quality football."

augie

Post by augie »

It's a slow week for sky with no club football and I get that but all day yesterday they ran with that story and at one stage they even had it as "Breaking News" on the yellow bar across the bottom of the page on ssn :roll: With all due respect, who gives a flying fcuk what low thinks ? Madrid made a decision, granted it was based on finances, but the decision on whether it was the right decision or not will only be shown up in the future

ElSquirrel

Post by ElSquirrel »

What I find incomprehensible is why Jose Mourinho didn't leap at the chance to sign Ozil. Who knows him better? :rubchin:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

ElSquirrel wrote:What I find incomprehensible is why Jose Mourinho didn't leap at the chance to sign Ozil. Who knows him better? :rubchin:
I can think of five reasons...

1. Juan Mata
2. Eden Hazard
3. Oscar
4. Willian
5. Andre Schurrle

Re: Re:

Post by 1989 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Red Gunner wrote:

AND him:

Don't forget...

You HAD TO go and spoil it with that last image didn't you - Yer MF'er! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It's ok. We have him too:

:wink: :D :D

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

1989 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Red Gunner wrote:

AND him:

Don't forget...

It's ok. We have him too:

:wink: :D :D
But we lost him:

:cry:

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Diaby had a horror injury, sometimes I feel prople just have a go at him because it's the 'in' thing to do. A cheap laugh at a player who I'm sure wishes he never had to suffer such a career threatening tackle.

He was not a bad player, just an unlucky one.

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

green gooner wrote:Diaby had a horror injury, sometimes I feel prople just have a go at him because it's the 'in' thing to do. A cheap laugh at a player who I'm sure wishes he never had to suffer such a career threatening tackle.

The guy is a clumsy oaf, who was largely responsible for our unhonourable surrendable 4-4 draw with Newcastle and with it our prem hopes. We criticize Gallas for sitting down after the pen at Birmigham and he did far less. Diaby just didn't control his temper. Aside from that he dwells on the ball and just isn't that good. The guy is lucky that AW is just as big a fool as he is.

Post by 1989 »

green gooner wrote:Diaby had a horror injury, sometimes I feel prople just have a go at him because it's the 'in' thing to do. A cheap laugh at a player who I'm sure wishes he never had to suffer such a career threatening tackle.

Diaby at his best alongside Wilshere, with Özil and Cazorla in front of them would be up there with the best midfields in the world.

If only he wasn't made of glass. :cry:

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:

Diaby at his best alongside Wilshere, with Özil and Cazorla in front of them would be up there with the best midfields in the world.

If only he wasn't made of glass. :cry:

Seriously buddy, the pressures of your summer of transfer predictions has clearly fcuked up your brain - if you look past the injuries you will see that diaby is nowhere near good enough and does not have the intelligence to ever be top quality :roll: :oops: