THE NORMAN WISDOM MEMORIAL FILM THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SPUDMASHER wrote:Oh right, I hadn't heard of it first time around. I thought that it was maybe a re-make of an old film and they'd changed the name of it.
Yeah, I think it was Wes Craven's first film... before such gems as The Hills Have Eyes, Nightmare on Elm St., Scream, etc.

Legend! 8) :lol:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

flash gunner wrote:I saw the film Veronica Guerin on BBC1 the other day i hadnt heard the story before so was quite shocked about the ending. Big Irish story i presume
It was because of her murder that the Irish Gov formed CAB(Criminal Assets Bureau). It has been such a success that the rest of the World followed, just like the no smoking law :cry:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

corkbarry wrote:
flash gunner wrote:I saw the film Veronica Guerin on BBC1 the other day i hadnt heard the story before so was quite shocked about the ending. Big Irish story i presume
It was because of her murder that the Irish Gov formed CAB(Criminal Assets Bureau). It has been such a success that the rest of the World followed, just like the no smoking law :cry:
Which is such a success that both the Spanish and German governments are now looking at ways to relax it. In germany they have reported that as much as 30% of bars have closed/are close to closing as a result of this ridiculous law based on opinions but no actual evidence.

By the way, did you enjoy "an unfinished life"?

REB

Post by REB »

watched the jerk again last nite, so funny :lol: :lol:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Spud, i was DL it on PB, it stopped at 99.2% so i had to give up on it :twisted:

Two days later it was shown on Irish tv , it is now on my sky plus to be watched probably in the Winter :lol:

Pal Lydersen

Post by Pal Lydersen »

corkbarry wrote:
what a shit film ,shame really as it could have been a classic would have been much better had channel 4 or the irish film board made it instead of hollywood although gerad mcsorley is the balls as john gilligan

Pal Lydersen

Post by Pal Lydersen »

REBEL GOONER wrote:watched the jerk again last nite, so funny :lol: :lol:
"Wait a minute - what's happening to my special purpose!? " :lol:

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Pal Lydersen wrote:
corkbarry wrote:
what a shit film ,shame really as it could have been a classic would have been much better had channel 4 or the irish film board made it instead of hollywood although gerad mcsorley is the balls as john gilligan
Sorry Pal, but judging by some of your music and film tips, I won't be taking your review as gospel :D :wink:

Pal Lydersen

Post by Pal Lydersen »

Galasso wrote:
Pal Lydersen wrote:
corkbarry wrote:
Sorry Pal, but judging by some of your music and film tips, I won't be taking your review as gospel :D :wink:
:lol:

:lol: my taste in music and films is quality :o :o

MizzNaughty

Post by MizzNaughty »

i finally saw "the hangover" it was hilarious! loved it.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

The Hangover is the funniest film I have ever seen... :lol:
Brilliant.

RaM

Post by RaM »

Pal Lydersen wrote:
Galasso wrote:
Pal Lydersen wrote:
corkbarry wrote:
:lol:

:lol: my taste in music and films is quality :o :o
The fact that you don't appreciate Karnivool says otherwise. :wink:

Pal Lydersen

Post by Pal Lydersen »

very funny went to see it last night

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

I dont know if you have seen Children of Men yet but if you have not I HIGHLY suggest it. The cinematography in that movie is absolutley the best I've ever seen. And I've seen a a lot.

Pal Lydersen

Post by Pal Lydersen »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:I dont know if you have seen Children of Men yet but if you have not I HIGHLY suggest it. The cinematography in that movie is absolutley the best I've ever seen. And I've seen a a lot.
you notice the flying pig in it as a homage to pink floyds animals album cover?