The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

Post by Leyton Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:Villa won the toss and will wear their home shirts, so that means yellow kit for The Arsenal at Wemberlee :barscarf:

Oh memories.
Hope so and not that "cup kit" bollocks

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

The 40,000 aren't all "corporate vermin" are they, why are some people so dim that they can't differentiate between tickets going to the county FAs and charities, vs the ones going to McDonalds and all that bollocks.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

So fans will wear red or yellow, and the team blue :banghead:

navangooner

Post by navangooner »

wilko49er wrote:So fans will wear red or yellow, and the team blue :banghead:

Team will wear yellow strip. Blue cup strip clashes with villa.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Robin_L wrote:The 40,000 aren't all "corporate vermin" are they, why are some people so dim that they can't differentiate between tickets going to the county FAs and charities, vs the ones going to McDonalds and all that bollocks.
3,000 should be handed out to charities and 'the football family', as long as that's volunteers and worthy recipients. County FAs can fuck off though, stuffy twats in suits that think far too much of themselves. 15,000 or whatever the figure is should be cut down by 80% at least.

Really pisses me off and I'm sure it's the same every year with every set of fans that get to the final and then realise they've got no hope of getting a ticket. :evil:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I got one last year on my away credits but no chance this year ,will have to go into the ballot and cross fingers !

What pisses me about the allocation is that the tickets that go to the various groups is that invariably the tickets get sold on at a vast profit to the fans of the participating clubs anyway if they gave us more it would cut out the middle man !

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Surely it would make more sense for the FA to make tickets readily available to the "FA Family" (sponsors and local FAs etc) for the earlier cup rounds, not the actual final?

Absolute disgrace.

Or are the "FA Family" not interested in earlier rounds only the glamour of the final?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

hugh jardon wrote:Surely it would make more sense for the FA to make tickets readily available to the "FA Family" (sponsors and local FAs etc) for the earlier cup rounds, not the actual final?

Absolute disgrace.

Or are the "FA Family" not interested in earlier rounds only the glamour of the final?

This allocation is really something from a bygone age. when perhaps there was more genuine wider interest in football.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Can we change the Gobby Pole in Goal for this little gem!?

:lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Or even this little chap

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Mistical92 wrote:
Robin_L wrote:The 40,000 aren't all "corporate vermin" are they, why are some people so dim that they can't differentiate between tickets going to the county FAs and charities, vs the ones going to McDonalds and all that bollocks.
3,000 should be handed out to charities and 'the football family', as long as that's volunteers and worthy recipients. County FAs can fuck off though, stuffy twats in suits that think far too much of themselves. 15,000 or whatever the figure is should be cut down by 80% at least.

Really pisses me off and I'm sure it's the same every year with every set of fans that get to the final and then realise they've got no hope of getting a ticket. :evil:

I have benfitted from tickets via the county fa's allocations several times. As ANY local club that is FA afilliated can apply for cup final tickets (but must be at 3rd round stage no later) as can referees / linesmen.

What you can't do is wait till semi stage etc you must decide to buy earlier, risking a shit final that people have little interest in.

But given that it is usually us, Cheslea, Utd, Liverpool or City in the final it is a calculated risk that tickets will be in demand.

Do agree that participating clubs should get a far greater allocation......maybe the refs / linesmen could be given charity shield tickets instead for their stirling efforts :twisted:

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

hartson wrote:101% retaining the cup now
Swindon 69, Ipswich 78, West Ham 80, Luton 88, Zaragoza 95, Galatasary 00, Birmingham 2011...
Last edited by hugh jardon on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

You'd have to give hartson the benefit of the doubt there, otherwise it's the most moronic of statements to make. We should beat Aston Villa but then we almost contrived to lose both to Wigan and Hull, both of whom won't be as tough a test as this Villa side.

ColoursInMyHead

Post by ColoursInMyHead »

Argh April 11th cut off date for the 3 points so doesn't include Hull. 2 tickets on our list have to go into the ballot.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

25,000 to the FANS of each club is an absolute Disgrace, these so called football family shit get passed on to Touts who then make better off real fans pay criminal prices, give those barstards 10,000, Should be 40,000 to each club