LIVERPOOL AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: LIVERPOOL AWAY THREAD

Post by General »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:13 am
Looks very much like Sanchez is back, with him in the side will make a very big difference
We still have that ropey midfield and defence. He probably won't start.

Last season was one of the most pathetic away performances I've ever seen from an Arsenal team. On par with the 8-2 disaster at Old Trafford. It could've been 5-0 by half time. They played yesterday but no second guessing who the sharper team would be.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Methinks there's a few people on here that have not actually watched the Mousers play. They are as wildly inconsistent as we are. Their defending is as ropey as ours. Their best player wants a move which he might not get, our best player wants a move he might not get. Their manager does not really understand tactics, our manager does not really understand anything.

The myth of Klopp's "tactical genius" is hilarious - he has the tactical acumen of your average 14 year old playing Football Manager. His tactics are stricty "TTTT" - as in Try This, Try That.... :lol: :wink: When it fails he says fuck all, when it works he gets his ass onto SlySports as quick as fuck to "analyse" his tactics with Carrrrrrraaagh.... :oops: :roll: Of course, that's not to say he won't or can't out-tactic dear old Arsene - my 13 year old daughter who has zero interest in, or knowledge of, football could out-tactic Arsene. But let's not lose track of the fact the "Tactical Legend" Klopp did "an Arsene" and scraped the VT on the last day of the season. This season they struggled for goals at home against relegation fodder Palace and put in a truly comical Arsenal-style 3-3 against Watford. They even conceded 2 at home against Hoffenheim in the be-all and end-all ffs... :lol: :oops:

This literally could be 3-1 to either side, or 0-0, or 3-3.

One thing that won't happen is a Mouser 6-0 win. Without a happy performing Coutinho they simply do not create enough. And if (as looks likely) he is forced to stay he is gonna be in a major huff - and has probably pissed off most of his team mates to boot (ditto Sanchez btw).

Two shit sides that will win a few, lose a few, draw a few, give out a hammering or two, take a hammering or two, and ultimately finish anywhere between 10 and 20 points off the champions next May. And yet the media sell Wenger and Klopp respectively as "the right man for the job" and "the tactical genius". Piss funny really. :lol: :oops:

GTG

Post by GTG »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:36 am
Methinks there's a few people on here that have not actually watched the Mousers play. They are as wildly inconsistent as we are. Their defending is as ropey as ours. Their best player wants a move which he might not get, our best player wants a move he might not get. Their manager does not really understand tactics, our manager does not really understand anything.

The myth of Klopp's "tactical genius" is hilarious - he has the tactical acumen of your average 14 year old playing Football Manager. His tactics are stricty "TTTT" - as in Try This, Try That.... :lol: :wink: When it fails he says fuck all, when it works he gets his ass onto SlySports as quick as fuck to "analyse" his tactics with Carrrrrrraaagh.... :oops: :roll: Of course, that's not to say he won't or can't out-tactic dear old Arsene - my 13 year old daughter who has zero interest in, or knowledge of, football could out-tactic Arsene. But let's not lose track of the fact the "Tactical Legend" Klopp did "an Arsene" and scraped the VT on the last day of the season. This season they struggled for goals at home against relegation fodder Palace and put in a truly comical Arsenal-style 3-3 against Watford. They even conceded 2 at home against Hoffenheim in the be-all and end-all ffs... :lol: :oops:

One thing that won't happen is a Mouser 6-0 win. Without a happy performing Coutinho they simply do not create enough. And if (as looks likely) he is forced to stay he is gonna be in a major huff - and has probably pissed off most of his team mates to boot (ditto Sanchez btw).

Two shit sides that will win a few, lose a few, draw a few, give out a hammering or two, take a hammering or two, and ultimately finish anywhere between 10 and 20 points off the champions next May. And yet the media sell Wenger and Klopp respectively as "the right man for the job" and "the tactical genius". Piss funny really. :lol: :oops:
Wish I had your confidence. They always start incredibly quickly and its something we are never ready for or able to deal with. If there finishing is on form they are able to blow us away within the first 20 minutes.

The one saving grace for my lot who are going Sunday is that I won't be there. I've never seen us win on merseyside in over 10 attempts so you never know :)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GTG wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:41 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Wish I had your confidence. They always start incredibly quickly and its something we are never ready for or able to deal with. If there finishing is on form they are able to blow us away within the first 20 minutes.

The one saving grace for my lot who are going Sunday is that I won't be there. I've never seen us win on merseyside in over 10 attempts so you never know :)
Oh no I'm not confident at all and reckon we will most likely lose tbh. But I don't buy into the Klopp myth or the hysteria on here so I don't think they'll destroy us 6-0 like some here do. I reckon they will win 2-1 or 3-1 but I'm not ruling out a 3-3 or 0-0 either. They are as inconsistent as we are.

Watch us lose 8-0 now.... :lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

When I see Klopp contort his jaw and start to grind his half rotten molars together, an irresistible urge to smash his face in with a baseball bat rises up inside of me.

I have rage issues.

General

Post by General »

DB10GOONER wrote:

DB, Pass whatever you’re smoking mate.
There is no doubt they have defensive issues but there are very few parallels between Klopp and the lying fraud in terms of tactical discipline. Their keeper is worse than helmet head and James Milner although effective is not a left back. I don’t think they lost a single game away to the top 6 last season. When was the last time we won away at a top 6 club? Beating the smaller teams has always been an Achilles heel because they are counter attacking side and this is where I think Klopp can be a bit one dimensional. We have a bigger squad and arguably more quality so the suggestion that he finished only a point above the fraud doesn’t look at the wider context. Give him Wonga’s resources and let’s see how he does. Worth noting that they played a significant proportion of last season without Coutinho who was injured. I don’t even think he’s their best player.
Their porous defence is our only hope of getting anything out of this game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:28 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

There is no doubt they have defensive issues but there are very few parallels between Klopp and the lying fraud in terms of tactical discipline. Their keeper is worse than helmet head and James Milner although effective is not a left back. I don’t think they lost a single game away to the top 6 last season. When was the last time we won away at a top 6 club? Beating the smaller teams has always been an Achilles heel because they are counter attacking side and this is where I think Klopp can be a bit one dimensional. We have a bigger squad and arguably more quality so the suggestion that he finished only a point above the fraud doesn’t look at the wider context. Give him Wonga’s resources and let’s see how he does. Worth noting that they played a significant proportion of last season without Coutinho who was injured. I don’t even think he’s their best player.
Hilarious, mate. :D You start off with a jibe about me passing whatever you think I'm smoking and then basically say the same things you are slagging off. :lol: Maybe first read what I've written then lay on the sarcasm...?

Forget Wenger's resources - they are irrelevent as to wether the mousers might beat us 6-0 or not on Sunday. It's a one to one match between two inconsistent sides with managers that are not world beaters by any stretch of the imagination.

Coutinho missed 7 PL games last season IIRC. He might be or might not be their best player - but as I said, they struggle to create enough without him.

The negative hysteria on here is embarrassing at times tbh. Apparently last season the chavs were gonna maul us 6-0 in the FA cup final, we were gonna finish mid table, we were gonna lose every game against the top 6 by at least 6-0 etc etc, this season the chavs again were gonna humiliate us in the charity shield, the mousers are now gonna beat us 6-0, we will finish mid table etc etc blah blah blah... it's the same hysterical shite every season. :oops: :roll: :lol: What will happen in reality though is we will have some great wins, some humiliating defeats, a few silly draws, get a cup run going and maybe even win a cup whilst getting knocked out by shit teams in the other cups, and then we will finish either 3rd 4th or 5th with about a 5 or 6 point spread between those positions but we will be anywhere from 10 to 20 points off the PL champions. :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I cant see Klopp playing as openly like he did last night but I can see us doing it ~!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:54 am
General wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Hilarious, mate. :D You start off with a jibe about me passing whatever you think I'm smoking and then basically say the same things you are slagging off. :lol: Maybe first read what I've written then lay on the sarcasm...?

Forget Wenger's resources - they are irrelevent as to wether the mousers might beat us 6-0 or not on Sunday. It's a one to one match between two inconsistent sides with managers that are not world beaters by any stretch of the imagination.

Coutinho missed 7 PL games last season IIRC. He might be or might not be their best player - but as I said, they struggle to create enough without him.

The negative hysteria on here is embarrassing at times tbh. Apparently last season the chavs were gonna maul us 6-0 in the FA cup final, we were gonna finish mid table, we were gonna lose every game against the top 6 by at least 6-0 etc etc, this season the chavs again were gonna humiliate us in the charity shield, the mousers are now gonna beat us 6-0, we will finish mid table etc etc blah blah blah... it's the same hysterical shite every season. :oops: :roll: :lol: What will happen in reality though is we will have some great wins, some humiliating defeats, a few silly draws, get a cup run going and maybe even win a cup whilst getting knocked out by shit teams in the other cups, and then we will finish either 3rd 4th or 5th with about a 5 or 6 point spread between those positions but we will be anywhere from 10 to 20 points off the PL champions. :roll:
Pretty much agree with you, we never get murdered when everyone expects us to either.Problem is, we are crap, just not crap enough for the roof to fall in on his head. And he has the most incredible luck...the unforeseen win when it's so desperately needed, the international break when he is under intense scrutiny, those 2 or 3 cannon fodder home fixtures at just the right time........

Tbh though, this season is already looking shambolic, if Leicester hadn't sat back we could be 0 for 2. Sanchez is critical, if he does go I think this season will be worse than before, we rely heavily on him and his goals...he is probably the hardest worker in the team as well. The Liverpool game will basically come down to who gets the most goals, I cannot see a hammering either way, I just see lots of goals with two shite defences. I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger gets something there, even a point, then cock a hoop off on his International break, maybe pick up some desperately needed money commentating on French Tv?? Back, give Bournemouth a 2-0 or 3-1 at home, then lose to the scum and it will be "No need to go overboard, it's just one loss" And on & on & on it goes........

We shall see

General

Post by General »

DB10GOONER wrote:
General wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yo DB, why do you always accuse people of not reading your post and then set off on a tangent :D . You then finish off by stating the obvious. We won't win the title, we will finish anywhere between 3-6th and 10-20 points off champions. Sounds pretty accurate to me.

In a one off game, the fraud can always galvanise his snowflakes to limp to a win against anyone and we've been doing this since time memorial so even the most pessimistic fan would admit deep down that we have a chance tomorrow. We also know we are liable to a hiding when the fraud gets his knickers in a twist. Would you be surprised if we get hammered tomorrow? We don't win away at top 6 team very often and the negative mood reflects longstanding evidence

Klopp is no where near as tactically inept as the fraud and I mentioned resources in the context of a whole season not a one off game. They are not as reliant on Coutinho like you think.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
General wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yo DB, why do you always accuse people of not reading your post and then set off on a tangent :D . You then finish off by stating the obvious. We won't win the title, we will finish anywhere between 3-6th and 10-20 points off champions. Sounds pretty accurate to me.

In a one off game, the fraud can always galvanise his snowflakes to limp to a win against anyone and we've been doing this since time memorial so even the most pessimistic fan would admit deep down that we have a chance tomorrow. We also know we are liable to a hiding when the fraud gets his knickers in a twist. Would you be surprised if we get hammered tomorrow? We don't win away at top 6 team very often and the negative mood reflects longstanding evidence

Klopp is no where near as tactically inept as the fraud and I mentioned resources in the context of a whole season not a one off game. They are not as reliant on Coutinho like you think.
Firstly, we are not playing them tomorrow.

:lol: :wink:

My whole point started about the mouser game and the usual we will get tonked 6-0 hysteria. It is by its very definition, a one off game. You mentioned resources over a whole season - not going off on a tangent there, huh? :lol:

I mention you not reading my post because you start off slagging it and then basically repeat most of what I said in it! :roll: :lol: If you had read it first why would you do that? :mrgreen:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:19 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
General wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Pretty much agree with you, we never get murdered when everyone expects us to either.Problem is, we are crap, just not crap enough for the roof to fall in on his head. And he has the most incredible luck...the unforeseen win when it's so desperately needed, the international break when he is under intense scrutiny, those 2 or 3 cannon fodder home fixtures at just the right time........

Tbh though, this season is already looking shambolic, if Leicester hadn't sat back we could be 0 for 2. Sanchez is critical, if he does go I think this season will be worse than before, we rely heavily on him and his goals...he is probably the hardest worker in the team as well. The Liverpool game will basically come down to who gets the most goals, I cannot see a hammering either way, I just see lots of goals with two shite defences. I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger gets something there, even a point, then cock a hoop off on his International break, maybe pick up some desperately needed money commentating on French Tv?? Back, give Bournemouth a 2-0 or 3-1 at home, then lose to the scum and it will be "No need to go overboard, it's just one loss" And on & on & on it goes........

We shall see
Without a shadow of a doubt he has the luck of the devil. :|

General

Post by General »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:02 pm
General wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
General wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

My whole point started about the mouser game and the usual we will get tonked 6-0 hysteria. It is by its very definition, a one off game. You mentioned resources over a whole season - not going off on a tangent there, huh? :lol:

I mention you not reading my post because you start off slagging it and then basically repeat most of what I said in it! :roll: :lol: If you had read it first why would you do that? :mrgreen:
We are going round in circles and we both clearly have far too much time on our hands :D . I was contending your point about Klopp lacking tactical acumen. Resources point was in response to your point about "Tactical Legend" Klopp did "an Arsene" and scraped the VT on the last day of the season". As if it's something he should be ashamed off. Do you think he should have finished higher, well clear of Wonga and resources don't count? Mourinho finished 6th. Do you think "he has the tactical acumen of your average 14 year old playing Football Manager". I did agree with you on bin dippers' defensive weaknesses and said it was our only chance of getting anything out of the game tomorrow :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

General wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:20 pm
Klopp showing the fraud up with half the resources. Just imagine what he could achieve here. If he gets Van Dijk mousers could surprise a lot of people. To me they play the best attacking football in the league. Quick, incisive and devastating when they get it right.
Prepare thy anus for this. It could get ugly.

Leave it out ffs - van dike (yes I spelt it that way on purpose) is just a younger version of koscielny in that he is fast and has good recovery, but regards positioning and defensive discipline he is absolutely shit :roll: For me he is your typical European centre back where style is more important than substance - was tempted to say that I would take a south American centre back every day ahead of him, but then I remembered the Brazilian cross between jaws and plug (from the beano many years ago 8) ) that we just offloaded to Valencia, and I changed my mind :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:29 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:02 pm
General wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
General wrote:

We are going round in circles and we both clearly have far too much time on our hands :D . I was contending your point about Klopp lacking tactical acumen. Resources point was in response to your point about "Tactical Legend" Klopp did "an Arsene" and scraped the VT on the last day of the season". As if it's something he should be ashamed off. Do you think he should have finished higher, well clear of Wonga and resources don't count? Mourinho finished 6th. Do you think "he has the tactical acumen of your average 14 year old playing Football Manager". I did agree with you on bin dippers' defensive weaknesses and said it was our only chance of getting anything out of the game tomorrow :wink:
Tbh mate you are getting into classic navel-gazing internet forum he-said-she-said stuff there and I really don't have THAT much time on my hands! :D :wink:

BTW I've long said Moron-hio is the most overhyped over-rated manager in the history of football. If he can't buy it, he ain't winning it. :roll: Also, he's a cúnt. 8)