Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

Post by xisstential »

Leicester drawing tonight, spuds dropping points tomorrow, us beating them on Saturday, this time next week we'll be top :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

It's the hope that........

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

xisstential wrote:Leicester drawing tonight, spuds dropping points tomorrow, us beating them on Saturday, this time next week we'll be top :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

It's the hope that........
.....is once again going to kill us all!!

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

With Leicester dropping points, and Spurs playing away to West Ham, this game takes on more significance. If Spurs lose or draw, and we win, we will have been given another chance at WHL to really position ourselves to win it.

The problem is, we dont take those chances. We dont win those games, we do the opposite - capitulate when the stakes are high.

This team has been given so many chances to go top of the league, or extend our lead at the top, yet they simply dont take them.

And the way Arsene conducts himself, as if this isnt a time of desperation, is horrible. He carries on like its mid week between pre-season games. Does he not understand failure to win the league over Leicester or Tottenham would be a cataclysmic failure?

He seems blissfully ignorant and naive to the negative energy among the fans. He thought he was surprised by the level of vitriol when we lost on the opening day to Villa a few seasons back, then he needs to understand the fall out should we finish anywhere but 1st, is going to be extreme.

He is so arrogant, naive, and ignorant. He reminds me of Sepp Blatter - the unshakable belief the job he is doing is appreciated and that he is admired all round. Blatter genuinely believed he was going to win the Nobel Peace prize, when the truth is the world thought of him as corrupt and useless. Wenger thinks he is doing a great job, when the truth is, as Paul Merson said, a thousand managers could replicate the results he gets with this team, and the money available to him. And that Arsenal fans think of Wenger is a liability and drag.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Wilson wrote:With Leicester dropping points, and Spurs playing away to West Ham, this game takes on more significance. If Spurs lose or draw, and we win, we will have been given another chance at WHL to really position ourselves to win it.

The problem is, we dont take those chances. We dont win those games, we do the opposite - capitulate when the stakes are high.

This team has been given so many chances to go top of the league, or extend our lead at the top, yet they simply dont take them.

And the way Arsene conducts himself, as if this isnt a time of desperation, is horrible. He carries on like its mid week between pre-season games. Does he not understand failure to win the league over Leicester or Tottenham would be a cataclysmic failure?

He seems blissfully ignorant and naive to the negative energy among the fans. He thought he was surprised by the level of vitriol when we lost on the opening day to Villa a few seasons back, then he needs to understand the fall out should we finish anywhere but 1st, is going to be extreme.

He is so arrogant, naive, and ignorant. He reminds me of Sepp Blatter - the unshakable belief the job he is doing is appreciated and that he is admired all round.
Blatter genuinely believed he was going to win the Nobel Peace prize, when the truth is the world thought of him as corrupt and useless. Wenger thinks he is doing a great job, when the truth is, as Paul Merson said, a thousand managers could replicate the results he gets with this team, and the money available to him. And that Arsenal fans think of Wenger is a liability and drag.
Good post. Especially agree with the bold :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

It has to have something to do with the way the press treat him. There is no other explanation for such blind arrogance. If after the shameful failures following the numerous chances we have had to cement or improve our position, the press really got hold of him and took him to task it would shake him out of his lazy complacency. Instead week after week, year after year, he gets such an easy ride irrespective of the result that he is genuinely deluded to the point where he must believe we are just so lucky, so fortunate, so blessed to have him. The press and our very own fans have created this monster.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Leicester dropped points! Although 5 Live didn't see it that way, the Leicester machine goes marching on, according to them. No, you're top of the league and at home to West Brom, if you don't win it, you've dropped points! I can see Scum dropping points tonight, but we do have 3 tough away matches which could finish us. Still 10 games or so to go, that's 30 points to be won and lost, can't give up the hope just yet. We can only concentrate on our games and make sure we win them.

COME ON ARSENAL!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

casgooner wrote:Leicester dropped points! Although 5 Live didn't see it that way, the Leicester machine goes marching on, according to them. No, you're top of the league and at home to West Brom, if you don't win it, you've dropped points! I can see Scum dropping points tonight, but we do have 3 tough away matches which could finish us. Still 10 games or so to go, that's 30 points to be won and lost, can't give up the hope just yet. We can only concentrate on our games and make sure we win them.

There is every reason to still hold hope. However, its just hope, rather than a genuine belief in the players capacity to navigate the pressure and expectation of a title run in.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Wilson wrote:
casgooner wrote:Leicester dropped points! Although 5 Live didn't see it that way, the Leicester machine goes marching on, according to them. No, you're top of the league and at home to West Brom, if you don't win it, you've dropped points! I can see Scum dropping points tonight, but we do have 3 tough away matches which could finish us. Still 10 games or so to go, that's 30 points to be won and lost, can't give up the hope just yet. We can only concentrate on our games and make sure we win them.

There is every reason to still hold hope. However, its just hope, rather than a genuine belief in the players capacity to navigate the pressure and expectation of a title run in.
I know, if we don't turn up, forget it!!!!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

If we needed 25 of the 30 points to qualify for CL,we would get them, of that I have no doubt. Inexplicably it seems to be the ONLY thing Wenger can get the players up for. Winning to go top, to strengthen our position, to put pressure on our competition.....Nah, couldn't be bothered. Or as the Great Man himself says "Difficult to motivate them for this game" Yet somehow he could get his team to play barefoot on broken glass to secure a CL place. Now you tell me it's not all about him.And also how insanely skewed his priorities are.

silus

Post by silus »

From now until the end of the season the players should just get on with it themselves.
We all know wenger is a waste of oxygen nowadays...so surely the players do.
If this bunch of pussies got together and decided they could actually win the league, we might just stand a chance.
I fully expect them to have enough about them to win tonight (which ever team is selected)...unfortunately I fully expect them to bottle it at the shit hole on Saturday.
3-1 to The Arsenal.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

silus wrote:From now until the end of the season the players should just get on with it themselves.
If this bunch of pussies got together and decided they could actually win the league, we might just stand a chance.
I fully expect them to have enough about them to win tonight (which ever team is selected)...unfortunately I fully expect them to bottle it at the shit hole on Saturday.
3-1 to The Arsenal.
The players won't show anything about them to win the title because they are comfortable in the top 4 bubble. The likes of Giroud, Walcott etc. are complete bottlers and even an ounce of pressure sees them shitting themselves. Add to that the likes of Sanchez and Ozil who are already dreaming of what new club they will be playing for next season.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

BFG4 wrote:
Spooky wrote:^I did say rare not unheard of...

But, how much public shaming should there be?

two losses on the spin...going into a must win games after 48hrs - in the PL again...

Like I said, a bollocking is fine as a motivator but not as a dejector...
Some players deserve to be publicly shamed. There are many experienced players in that team who turn up in games like Sundays, Southampton away etc. and treat it like the Emirates cup. Wenger's insistence on treating players like kids who can do nothing wrong has led to the loser mentality that so many of our squad possesses.
It's the lack of overall player management that will cost us this year. The league is a mess and it's our best chance in a decade. Wenger is treating the team with kid gloves. You have to adapt sometimes to get over the line.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

silus wrote:From now until the end of the season the players should just get on with it themselves.
3-1 to The Arsenal.
Great post!! I would ask however where is our leader within this team?

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

West Ham (won 4 of the last 5 at home) vs Middlesex FC (won 4 of the last 5 away).

By far the more interesting game tonight.

Spooky

Post by Spooky »

bergkamp10 wrote:]

Great post!! I would ask however where is our leader within this team?
This could be the difference - particularly at WHL.

I think we do have leaders but they must step up.

Cech can only do so much not being an OP...so the likes of Kos, Mert, Sanchez & Giroud must get "mad".

The middle of the pitch is where it seems to lack leadership the most - and has for many years.

Like I said yesterday - exciting times!

The match last night was very scintillating and if we get what we need tonight - regardless of the Spurs result - then Sat is watching through hands time!

Also, let's not forget Man C have a game in hand still - and not out of it...

All to play for!!! COYG :barscarf: