Hleb - The footage you all waited to see....

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chopper

Hleb - The footage you all waited to see....

Post by Chopper »

Was actually looking up Eduardo and found this video of Hleb.

It includes and you may want to be seated for this, footage of him beating a man DOWN the wing, SHOOTING, and doing both in one move!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fBkxo4XCS0&NR=1

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Hleb just needs to find his own niche in the team.

If he can feel free to express himself and take people on/have a go it will be better for him as this is his natural game. He has got sucked into the over-elaboration of Arsenal at times.

Good video.

And I was already sitting down - I may not feel the shock until I try to stand up! :wink:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

/\ /\ /\

I agree there's potentially a lot more to come from Hleb than people (myself included) have given him credit for.

To me, he more than any other player seemed intimidated by Henry.

Interesting that a lot of the footage shows him attacking down the left hand side. Maybe he would be better suited to the left wing coming inside on to his right foot a la Bobby Pires - a lot of this footage is actually similar to Bobby in his prime. Cue the animosity from the Hleb haters...

RaM

Post by RaM »

I actually think that Hleb has poential to be a great player.

Why is it that so many people seem to dislike him?

And I like his name too.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The potential is deffo there. I think he'll actually improve without tel glaring at him next season.

mattbanger

Post by mattbanger »

Alex Hleb is by far the worst player i have ever had the pitty to watch wearing an Arsenal shirt! He is a lazy, tramp lokking waste of space that gives fuck all to the team and the sooner we get rid of the useless twat the better!!

What the fuck was Arsene Thinking!! Give me David Bentley back anythime!!

:x

GoonerBen

Post by GoonerBen »

I reckon Hlebs quality (especially when hes on the ball) but just had a bad season last season, it does happen... mY dad who to be fair knows fuck all about the arse :roll: but used to watch em properly when he was a kid says hleb reminds him of georgie armstrong - be interested to hear anyone who knows' thoughts on that?

Who knows, with a maybe more direct attitude to the side this season after them all learning from last season (please god!) maybe Hleb might figure out what to do with the bloody ball when he gets in the box - you never know....think of his stellar performances against people like Real Madrid, it cant have been a fluke

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Sorry to tell you but that wasnt Helb in the video it was hes amazinly great twin brother who sadly died on his way over here to sign for us, so our helb took his chance and signed instead :wink: :lol:

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

GoonerBen wrote:I reckon Hlebs quality (especially when hes on the ball) but just had a bad season last season, it does happen... mY dad who to be fair knows fuck all about the arse :roll: but used to watch em properly when he was a kid says hleb reminds him of georgie armstrong - be interested to hear anyone who knows' thoughts on that?
Can I have an ounce of what your Dad is smoking please? :wink: :lol:

GoonerBen

Post by GoonerBen »

haha nah mate im the 1 that does the smoking, he just stuffs his face with jaffa cakes and chats breeze about arsenal

T.S

Post by T.S »

GoonerBen, any relation to Ben-Gooner?!

GoonerBen

Post by GoonerBen »

Nope - been a member for a little bit but only post occasionally, not quite as committed (to the forum) as u lot though now ive got a 9-5 im gonna get more involved! :D

T.S

Post by T.S »

Yep, it was the 9-5 that doomed me to spending all of my days in this hell hole.

No offence guys.

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

I never knew he had that pace on him, quick across the grass but his first choice is noramlly to pass. He dosn't seem to have a bad eye to goal when watching that video and maybe he could be a 10 goal a season man at Arsenal. Does anyone know how many goals he averaged at his old club.

kennyken

Post by kennyken »

:D didnt know he could do things like that maybe thats why wenger isnt spending cash on a winger