Who will pay ESPN £10 a month just for prem footy?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbankbren

Who will pay ESPN £10 a month just for prem footy?

Post by northbankbren »

The main reason i got setanta was for gaa. The footy, boxing, rugby and golf made the tenner well worth it.

But £10 a month for just the prem footy, not sure ill pay, prob just go to pub for games i want to see. They dont has rights for anything else setanta had.

Who's gunna sign up to ESPN?

projoe

Post by projoe »

its actually £9 if you have sky sports, which i do. anyway, answering your question, i will be paying that every month as setanta used to charge £13 a month, so saving £4 a month, good investment :lol:

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

projoe wrote:its actually £9 if you have sky sports, which i do. anyway, answering your question, i will be paying that every month as setanta used to charge £13 a month, so saving £4 a month, good investment :lol:
not really you lose, england games, scottish prem, celtic league rugby, boxing, pga golf, ufc, GAA, and all the other european footy they show.

you were getting ripped too, we payed £10.98 a month for setanta :D

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

The pub for me Bren"y :barscarf:

hadareud

Post by hadareud »

I will.

But people say I'm a salesman's dream, so make of that what you will.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Nah the more people that don't the better. They might lower the prices.

They only have 3 of our games anyway. Setanta for life.. :lol:

Exiled-Gooner

Post by Exiled-Gooner »

Setanta only carried on sky's format for ppv games on saturday's etc so if setanta didn't happen you still have stupid kick-off times but setanta had dutch,french and german football,internationals,UFC,boxing,all the golf and irish sports all for £13 pm not bad eh! i miss setanta :oops:

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

Exiled-Gooner wrote: i miss setanta :oops:
me too :oops:

Swale_Gooner1985

Post by Swale_Gooner1985 »

northbankbren wrote:
projoe wrote:its actually £9 if you have sky sports, which i do. anyway, answering your question, i will be paying that every month as setanta used to charge £13 a month, so saving £4 a month, good investment :lol:
not really you lose, england games, scottish prem, celtic league rugby, boxing, pga golf, ufc, GAA, and all the other european footy they show.

No loss at all then really?! never watched any of that! I will subscribe to ESPN!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Didnt pay for Setanta wont pay for ESPN. £40 or so a month for Sky sports is more than enough

Bring Back Pires

Re: Who will pay ESPN £10 a month just for prem footy?

Post by Bring Back Pires »

northbankbren wrote: But £10 a month for just the prem footy, not sure ill pay, prob just go to pub for games i want to see. They dont has rights for anything else setanta had.
Not necessarily. Live Premiership football won't take up an entire week's worth of programming, so I'd imagine there's scope for other events to be shown during the non-Premier League hours.

Personally, I'm hoping they show live NBA games, as nobody else has the coverage; and Setanta looked like they were about to buy the rights before they went bust.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I don't and will never pay money to sky, so unless it becomes available through freeview like setanta was, then I'm fucked.

projoe

Post by projoe »

Swale_Gooner1985 wrote:
northbankbren wrote:

No loss at all then really?! never watched any of that! I will subscribe to ESPN!
exactly. who actually watched anything on setanta apart from premiership football?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

ME TOO

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

I've deleted all of the duplicate posts lads. :banghead: :banghead: :wink:

Here's a tip for you: If that message appears again, press 'backwards' on your computer, copy the message you wanted to post (to save typing it again in case it hasn't gone through), then click on Arsenal Chat at the top of the page and you will see if your post is there. If it isn't, just paste the message you copied earlier on a new reply. 8) :lol: :wink: