Gallas

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BT

Gallas

Post by BT »

Sorry to start yet another new thread but this is already up on pravada:
Arsenal will probably have to take on Barcelona at Emirates Stadium without William Gallas.

The French defender has been sidelined by a calf problem since the 1-0 win over Liverpool on February 10 and Arsène Wenger admitted in an interview with Arsenal TV Online on Thursday that he was "concerned" about his compatriot's "endless" injury.

Gallas has already been ruled out of the next two Premier League games against West Ham and Birmingham. The first leg of the Champions League Quarter-Final follows on March 31 and Wenger admits that Gallas is unlikely to recover in time to face Barcelona.

"I hope he will play again soon, but at the moment it does not look too good," said the manager.

"He will play some part before the end of the season, but will he be ready to play against Barcelona? That is another question mark. I would say he is already at 80 per cent out for the first leg.

"But he should play again before the end of the season."
Quite early to rule him out. All seems a bit suspect. Arseblog today mentions that Wenger's players who are out of cotnract often develop mysterious injuries. And I really dont fancy this Sol/Sylvestre geriatric-off to continue against the likes of Messi...

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

its ok BT"y messi will get injured this weekend.

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

I think this is a warning shot from AW; telling Gallas to get himself fit quickly if he expects to play in the glamourous tie.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

i think gallas, sol and silvestre will not be arsenal players next season.

which means we have vermaelen and an injury prone djourou.

now i want to see if you'll sit on your hands again this summer, mister wenger :evil:

Post by 1989 »

We're better off with Sol at the back than with Gallas. Sol would bully the fuck out of Ibrahimovic whilst Gallas would just stand off him and watch in admiration.

Juan

Post by Juan »

I think this is one of Wenger's "tactical" injuries.

Gallas' deal expires this summer. As far as I'm aware he hasn't signed a new one, so AW will not play him.

Swale_Gooner1985

Post by Swale_Gooner1985 »

brazilianGOONER wrote:i think gallas, sol and silvestre will not be arsenal players next season.

now i want to see if you'll sit on your hands again this summer, mister wenger :evil:
we have Nordtveit, Bartlett and Ayling!! :wink: :lol:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

Swale_Gooner1985 wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:i think gallas, sol and silvestre will not be arsenal players next season.

we have Nordtveit, Bartlett and Ayling!! :wink: :lol:
who the fuck is bartlett??? :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :wink:

BT

Post by BT »

Juan wrote:I think this is one of Wenger's "tactical" injuries.

Gallas' deal expires this summer. As far as I'm aware he hasn't signed a new one, so AW will not play him.
But isn't that cutting off our nose to spite our face?

I agree Sol is doing a good job but the fixtures are getting more congested and we're about to play the best team in the world. I do not want to see Tweety in ANY of the remaining fixtures. If Gallas is going, he's going - why keep him out? And if he is really injured why is so auspicious? Why all the statements about it?

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

Weird. :banghead:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

went into a lot of detail about the injury
I think it's prob true

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

we need gallas fit. sol is walking a tight rope with his fitness and if silvestre plays against barcelona then i honestly dont think i can watch

BT

Post by BT »

Blimey, my 1000th post was about bloody Sylvestre :shock:

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

congrats BT"y

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

BT wrote:Blimey, my 1000th post was about bloody Sylvestre :shock:
quick delete it :lol: