Spineless?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Irish Gooner

Spineless?

Post by Irish Gooner »

Prepared to be bored with another Barca related post, :wink:

Seriously though, I have started to realise that with the constant mocking/bullying of Arsenal FC that we are now in fact a football club that is completely spineless. We are bullied by the likes of Barca,Madrid regularly and on the field by United and Chelsea.

The reaction from the club to the blatant tapping up of Fabregas, our captain and best player, is just incredible really. Completely spineless stuff from the likes of Wenger afraid to annoy poor little Cesc or get on the wrong side of Barcelona. I honestly am sick to death of this story every time I open the fucking paper some Spanish fuckwit is mocking us and telling Fabregas to move to Spain.

They use the media to belittle us a club and we just sit there and take it.. :?
I'm sorry but the hell aren't we reporting them to Uefa? Even if it would amount to nothing at least it would reclaim some respect back onto our side.

This bollocks has gone on long enough, we were pushed around over the transfers of Vieira and Cashley and Adebayor was looking away not long ago. I'm fucking sick of watching these guys push us around, they need to be told where to fucking go.

Weak willed characters like Wenger, Gazidis and Hill-Wood are the main source of our downfall in this regard. For the likes of Barca it is like taking candy from a baby.

I would rather Mr Fabregas, left on a free in 5 years time. Let him have a stint in the reserve team next season.

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Now you know how the likes of Ajax feel when we 'tap up' their players (Vermaelen springs to mind).

Obviously we're superior to them, and thus don't care about their feelings either.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Bring Back Pires wrote:Now you know how the likes of Ajax feel when we 'tap up' their players (Vermaelen springs to mind).
We didn't tap him up though, we just bought him?

Although I agree, don't know how Ajax fans deal with losing any half decent player they have, they can never move forward.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Bring Back Pires wrote:Now you know how the likes of Ajax feel when we 'tap up' their players (Vermaelen springs to mind).

Obviously we're superior to them, and thus don't care about their feelings either.
Well, I must admit I didn't know we 'tapped up' Vermaelen... that's news to me! :shock: :?

Have you got a link, please? - I'd like to read more about that, BBP.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Ajax are renowned for selling their players....its how they make their big business in a league that has little money. They have always developed their players and sold them for massive money.

If TV was 'tapped' then i would be suprised....you only have to list the numerous players who have left Ajax for other clubs...Ajax is and will always be a nursery club...its sometimes they get a large crop of quality and run Euro football for a few years.

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

g88ner wrote:

Well, I must admit I didn't know we 'tapped up' Vermaelen... that's news to me! :shock: :?

Have you got any links showing Barca tapping up Cesc... i wouldn't call we like that player or we would like to buy that player tapping up, it's a statement not an action...
As for Vermaalen there were numerous stories going back months before we signed him in our papers and you can guarantee dutch papers saying we liked him, we wanted him, it's no different to what happens when Barca like a player..
Also lets not confuse the mass of shite and nonsense the press concoct out of nothing with the extent a club is actually going to in reality..

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:Ajax are renowned for selling their players....its how they make their big business in a league that has little money. They have always developed their players and sold them for massive money.

If TV was 'tapped' then i would be suprised....you only have to list the numerous players who have left Ajax for other clubs...Ajax is and will always be a nursery club...its sometimes they get a large crop of quality and run Euro football for a few years.

It's funny i was reading a Barcelona forum and one of there fans was saying the exact same thing about us...''Arsenal are a renowned selling club, they don't mind other bigger more ambitious teams buying their players, because they would prefer the money'' i would guess we have probably sold as many high profile players in the last 10 years as Ajax have, so it would actually be as true of us as them. So if it's OK for us to show a big interest in the likes of Vermaalen then why not other clubs showing a big interest in our best players, if being known as a selling club is the criteria for it being OK or not...

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

so why the fuck dont they raid manure,chavs or the Bin Dippers? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

mrgnu1958 wrote:so why the fuck dont they raid manure,chavs or the Bin Dippers? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Coz there full of shit English players! :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Boomer wrote:
mrgnu1958 wrote:so why the fuck dont they raid manure,chavs or the Bin Dippers? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

who regularly win things :lol:

NBM

Post by NBM »

Boomer wrote:
You missed out overpriced...

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Bergkamp-Genius wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Have you got any links showing Barca tapping up Cesc... i wouldn't call we like that player or we would like to buy that player tapping up, it's a statement not an action...
As for Vermaalen there were numerous stories going back months before we signed him in our papers and you can guarantee dutch papers saying we liked him, we wanted him, it's no different to what happens when Barca like a player..
Also lets not confuse the mass of shite and nonsense the press concoct out of nothing with the extent a club is actually going to in reality..
When a player has been tapped up, you often find media reports or even statements by the selling club who are rather pissed off too say the least.

Ashely Cole meeting Mourinho, Hleb having an "ice-cream" in Milan, or even Alex Ferguson saying he wouldn't sell Madrid 'a virus' was clearly born out of frustration with Real's underhand tactics.

I wasn't suggesting that Arsenal are whiter than white, as the Bordeaux chairman said something interesting last week....

"He [Chamakh] said he never spoke to Arsene Wenger. But I find it strange that he could be recruited by Arsenal without talking to the coach.

"I have had two difficult transfers since I arrived: [Sylvain] Wiltord and Chamakh. These two departures relate to Arsenal."

I can't say I was aware of any such reports relating to Vermaelen. I'm not saying we didn't tap him up, but it would be interesting to know where BBP got this nugget of information from, that's all.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Nobody is saying Arsenal don't go about making contact, but as far as I am aware, Wenger has never come out and talked openly about wanting a player, constantly talking about how the player wants to sign, constantly going on about said player on the website.

augie

Post by augie »

Maybe a complaint would get us nowhere but I still believe that we should kick up a holy fuss about this and we should also question what uefa's stance on their club debt is cos we have heard that platini *word censored* spout often enough about the debt english clubs have but I never hear him refer to barca or madrid :evil: If nothing else a complaint may make them think twice before behaving like this or other clubs in the future and it might make other clubs more inclined to fight them as well

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

augie wrote:Maybe a complaint would get us nowhere but I still believe that we should kick up a holy fuss about this and we should also question what uefa's stance on their club debt is cos we have heard that platini c**t spout often enough about the debt english clubs have but I never hear him refer to barca or madrid :evil: If nothing else a complaint may make them think twice before behaving like this or other clubs in the future and it might make other clubs more inclined to fight them as well
Agreed, I was thinking the same. The public pursuit of Fabregas from so many Barca officials and the private tapping up as well, which is pretty much certainly happening in Spain and within the Spanish national side.