Does anyone care about England?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
daz10_uk

Does anyone care about England?

Post by daz10_uk »

From what ive read here most English people on this forum couldnt give a shit about the English national team, me for one. Have i got it wrong? If im right is it just an Arsenal fan thing or do all football supporters feel the same i work with fans of other teams who seem really into England so i have the feeling its an Arsenal thing. What do you reckon?

Do the Irish guys feel the same about the Irish national team?

REB

Post by REB »

im working tonight so thats shows how much i care for our national team :roll:
i wish them well when they play but its arsenal first always :wink:

stats

Post by stats »

Nope couldn't care two shits, i use to love them but after seeing some poor football for a few years my faith slowing went & thought it would come back if i went to matches for the first time
So got a ticket for myself to go to Wembley for the Brazil, Germany & Irseal games & i wasn't very impressed by them, onlt the match they won made me exited & that was easy enough
Never got my moneys worth (£30-£40) unlike the Arsenal who fans talk about the game & Arsenal but insted i got some stuck up Northerns behind me & some forgins to my left, madness
I haven't bought the new shirt due to Umbro (i think) not allowing the price to be as cheap as the away shirt was, robbing me & many arcoss the land
I much prefer watching Rugby at the monent (obs to do with the world cup) but find the players to be alot more different to those twats such as Rooney & co

T.S

Post by T.S »

Yeah, I feel it might be an Arsenal thing. Given how much the Little Englanders who work for The Sun and The Mirror have slagged us off in recent years for being a 'foreign legion', it's kind of alienated us from the England side. Which came first, the foreigners or the alienation? I'm not sure, but I'm convinced that it is an Arsenal thing.

Just to carry on from Rebel's point; of course I wish England well, and I would rather them win than any other international side, but I really can't see anything happening which will get me out of my seat shouting "Engerland!". I enjoy watching the Scots and the Micks play as much as I do England, but none of them will ever come close to The Arsenal.

jesper arnsbjerg

Post by jesper arnsbjerg »

Denmark is playing now, I watch it and we`re 2-0 up at half time, but I don`t really care, I could do without internationals, for me it`s all about counting the players injured.
Cole being out is the best thing so far.
I only care about our players really

OT02

Post by OT02 »

I think we as Arsenal fans have been incredibly spoilt over recent years. The football we play is just from another planet. When I watch England it bores me. I want my teams to play exciting, attacking and stylish football.
Thats why I always prefer to watch, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal, Holland and of course, Tajikstan.

tomkingsbury

Post by tomkingsbury »

yeha to be honest i like to see them win but im not too fussed at the end of the day. Two things piss me off: the (minority) of 'english' supporters who fill up the pub with their aggressive and drunken attitude and who then go out and cause fights or damage and use football as an excuse to get pissed and then do this - im partly ashamed sometimes to be out whne wankers like this watch football. I remeber watching possibly a panorama prog on english hooligans at the world cup, and some dickheads attacked some tunisians fans because they mistook their flag for a turkish one - i know its a minority but it really pisses me off, there's no need for it.
Secondly some of the players, who (on my earlier) i stated as overpaid and overhyped, such as lampard who may do the goods more often than not for chelski, but consistently fails to perform for england, just like joe cole in reent games (maybe due to match fitness) and paul robinson - give that rob green a chance.

At the end of the day im more concerned with the arsenal, and maybe if theo and hoyte were in the squad and playing we may take more an interest, but England and its FA are jsut lost......

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I'd rather Arsenal won a throw-in than England won a match. I can't stand those racist thugs that work for rags like the sun and mirror. I always laugh when they bang their drum about the amount of foreigners playing here. I also love the way The Arsenal are to blame for the shit state of English football- I expect we're get more stick now that Russia did for fatty lampard and co.- especially as the so-called 'Loyal English' clubs were the ones that drove up prices in the 90s and early 2000s. The FA have got what they deserve and I love it! Come on you Gunners, I bet we would beat Russia in Moscow!!

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

Post by charliegeorgewhocanhitem »

Maybe it's an Arsenal thing, I've got a few gooner mates who're the same as me, want England to win but Arsenal always come first, by a long long way. I also feel that I've got nothing in common with assorted chavs, ammers and spuds who ***** on about England so can have a quiet chuckle to myself at them crying into their beer when England depart another major tournament after losing on penalties. It gives me far greater pleasure to celebrate a Premiership/cup win with my fellow gooners than any England world cup or Euro win. When England do lose it also gives me a chance to get back at a couple of people at work who take great delight in taking the piss at any Arsenal loss but don't actually support a team themselves but get all excited about England internationals :wink:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

I used to enjoy watching England play but nowdays I struggle to get excited. Maybe it is an Arsenal thing and the lack of Arsenal players in the squad but most likely to be the fact that Englands brand of football is shit and boring. The manager is a clown and the players show less interest than I do. Yes I would love to see England win the World Cup but not half as much as I would enjoy seeing Arsenal win the Champions League.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Let's be honest, Russia have Gus as manager and Engerland have a Teddy Boy extra from The Sweeney who once won a League Cup :roll:

It is worse for us Irish who have Stan :oops: Jesus wept :cry: :x

T.S

Post by T.S »

That's the thing that turns me off the most about the national team; the support.

tomkingsbury

Post by tomkingsbury »

hopefully the result means that some teams around us with english internationals (gosh that sounds weird!) i.e. liverpool, manure and chelski, will be affected by the midweek result and drop points! :wink:

RaM

Post by RaM »

I don't mind internationals. I'll watch the Irish play but they play at a level below that of Arsenal, and so I of course prefer to watch us.

By the way, do any of the Irish board members think Staunton should be sacked? I'm thinking his days are numbered...

delgooner

Post by delgooner »

Without doubt its definitely an Arsenal thing. When they played on Saturday I didnt even put the tv on to watch it, but I did yesterday afternoon. I work nights so I didnt get up and put the tv on til well into the first half and the manure shrek had already scored. As the game went on it was like watching Blackburn playing at the Emirates, 10 men behind the ball, no consistency in their passing, players running into one another and owen running around like a headless chicken. None of them looked fit or sharp, they were all clumsy and like cart-horses, typical "english players"
fucking useless! As I sat there I thought if the Arsenal team were playing England we'd murder them and then it all went pear shaped as Russia got a penalty from the stupid brainless pug headed shrek and then it was like watching the cubs playing over the wreck, they just had no idea, I dont wanna say anymore they were just crap. Yes it is an Arsenal thing and always will be with me. Im just waiting for cunty custis in the sun to blame Arsenal for losing to the Ruskies.