Whoops...

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Love to see what our mug fans crying over this on the blogs, would think if she didnt flag Defoe in the NLD and he scored the winner.... :?

There is no need to put a woman in such a position! Honestly they want equality in the game etc, the some muppets would be crying if you gave her any sort of abuse ala the other refs.

Btw look at the coverage on Sky now, fuck sake, is this what football has come to, aload of retards in the studio with the charisma of shit on a stick.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The pair of them can piss right off. They're just a couple of smug, egotistical wankers that spout a load of shit, suck Manure, Victim and 'Ingerland' cock and fucking hate us with a vengence. They sit there thinking they're some sort of fucking gods and give off all this we invented football bollox. Gray is just a cowardly *word censored* that never had the bottle to manage and Keys is just a hairy, TV-AM cast-off *word censored* that got lucky.

BT

Post by BT »

Irish Gooner wrote:Love to see what our mug fans crying over this on the blogs, would think if she didnt flag Defoe in the NLD and he scored the winner.... :?

There is no need to put a woman in such a position! Honestly they want equality in the game etc, the some muppets would be crying if you gave her any sort of abuse ala the other refs.

Btw look at the coverage on Sky now, fuck sake, is this what football has come to, aload of retards in the studio with the charisma of shit on a stick.
If she gets that decision wrong, she's incompetent. How is that affected by the fact she doesnt have a penis? If a black linesman makes the wrong decision is it because his skin colour has impaired him? Fact is, she got the big offside decision in that game correct despite the scousers protests. So she did a good job and should be viewed on merit. Which is exactly your argument for keeping Gray. Don't you see the contradiction there?

I, on the otherhand, think Gray is outdated and unprofessional in his opinions and has been found out more than once. Why does stuff keep getting leaked from their studio? Probably cos they act like *word censored* to the people they work with as well.

BT

Post by BT »

Sorry double post

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Double post
Last edited by donaldo on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kg1794

Post by kg1794 »

donaldo wrote:Image
best double post EVER!

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

Silly sods....they should have known in todays world full of sneaky bastards they couldn't have a private conversation without someone using it to shit on them..

Even if you are offended by what they said or you think they are out of order..the fact is this was a private conversation between the two of them....so really it's no business of anyones..everyone is entitled to say whatever they wish in private...
Had they have pushed these views on to the audience then that would be a different matter, then they should rightfully be reprimanded for it...But for this kind of thing it's of no business of anyones and should cetainly not have any effect on their job...
As for Sky they should grow some balls and stop pandering to the PC brigade and remember most of their audience are hairy arsed guys with views little different to those aired in private by their hosts, so why pander to those who make up little if any of their audience....

GunnerRyan

Post by GunnerRyan »

could easily replace keys with ben shepherd, didn't he do the tottenham vs city game at the start of the season?

i like gray though

BT

Post by BT »

Its not private though, its in a studio full of cameras and tapes and there's more than one clip. He clearly was actually outraged by having to see a female official. Perhaps the women who work with them and hear this shit are offended and undermined? Thats not private, thats a working environment. Here they are wetting their pants talking about women's football on air: http://youtu.be/ienZj9onV0Q

Its not a slip of the tongue, its an attitude that permeats everything they do.

Its just unprofessional! Ron Atkinson was sacked for saying something he thought was off air. Their views have no place in a world where women pay the same for their season tickets and their sky subscription. No one is shocked by these comments because their on-air personas and jurassic views on everything from foreigners to tackling are already well known.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

BT wrote: Here they are wetting their pants talking about women's football on air: http://youtu.be/ienZj9onV0Q
In fairness that is quite funny 8)

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

It was private...they are broadcasters and at the time they were not broadcasting so they were not pushing their views on the audience so it had nothing to do with their job...
Had they have gone on and repeated the same thing on air then i would agree with you it would have been totally out of order because then they are promoting those views...

As for female co workers, if they have a problem with what they heard them saying when they were listening in to their private conversations then they can voice their thoughts to them about it privately as any one with any decency would..But to sneakily try to get them in trouble, that is totally out of order and stinks of vindictiveness and cowardice..

On hearing what they said if you want to take offence BT that is your perogative and if you want to let it effect your opinion of the job they do on air, again that is up to you..But personally i like Andy Gray i think he is a good if not the best football pundit on TV and i don't care what he says in private i only care how he does his job on air because that is all he is to me.. a pundit, he's not a friend of mine so his private views are irrelevant to me as they should be to any other viewer..

And beyond that i don't want the media feeding frenzy and the vocal minority using this, what should have been a private issue, to try and force these guys or any others for that matter out of a job for their own agendas and against the wishes of probably the vast majority...

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

If andy gray getting sacked is the price that has to be paid to see richard keys tossed out on his arse then its a price worth paying.

BT

Post by BT »

http://twitvid.com/WIHU1

I'm sorry but he doesnt know there's a camera on him here?

And what about his sniggering on air at women's football?

He gets paid 1.7 million a year for his archaic views which as i've said before reflects his attitude towards everything else regardless of his tactical knowledge - he's comfy in his job of 10+ years and handsomely rewarded for it, ergo he thinks he can get away with prejudicing a person's ability to do a job she has worked hard for and is qualified at? Look at the reporter wanting to engage with him eagerly in that clip - Gray's viewership means his opionion is sought and repeated, perhaps within earshot of people who might further undermine Sian Massey's capabilities if they have the power. If he's caught on camera being racist, is that ok because he thought he was off air? You think there arent more enlightened people out there who can be respectful to someone in her job based on her ability and be able to talk tactics as well? Of course there are.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Boomer wrote:
safcftm wrote:not the first time keys has been caught out. i remember him getting stick when there was a faroe islands v scotland game and when he thought the mic was off he said "stupid game, silly stadium, fuck off" (i believe that clip is on youtube if you search for "richard keys swears"). He does come across as an utter prick tbh, seems to think he is important and not just some bloke who introduces football on tele, he could be replaced at the drop of a hat but seems to be arrogant beyond belief

Dont mind Gray as much, but he is an irritating prick anarl- he's got a cheek saying about someone not understanding the offside rule, he is constantly saying how complicated it is
That's the 2nd time you've used that, what's its meaning?
It means you like a cock up your arse, see Flash or Marcengles for more info.