Tony Adams praises Danny Fiszman

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
QuartzGooner

Tony Adams praises Danny Fiszman

Post by QuartzGooner »

From this article.

Bit different from the criticism regularly posted on here.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 19483.html

Those calling for more spending on the current team will be interested to learn how highly Adams rated Fiszman's contribution. "I think that a significant factor, 90 per cent, in why we achieved so much is that Danny Fiszman invested £50m in the club and we were able to go to the next level," he said. "I got my first decent contract at the club, so did David Seaman, we were able to bring in Dennis Bergkamp – and that was before Arsène arrived – David Platt, Patrick Vieira, Nicolas Anelka, and were able to pay them – top players from around the world.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Curious story that only raises more questions than it answers ultimately especially about how genuine the Board's faith in the self-susrtaining business model as the proper way to conduct our business and our club actually is. After all had they reached into their pockets fron say 20 million GBP from 2005-2007 the devastating impact of the cash flow problems could have minimized or even negated altogether.

The other question it raises is did Mr. Fiszman have the right to turn around use a the club as a purely personal profit vehicle after these actions? I think the amswer lies in that right up until his tragic passing he never acknowledged even after seklling a third of his holding to stankronke three years before any desire or even reason to sell the club or his holding in it.

As I say this raises a morre questions than it seeks to answer.

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

Interesting...although i wish he would have enlarged a bit more on Fiszmans contribution.. Also the inner workings of the club, especially the relationship between Wenger and the board, how it used to be and how it is now...

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Obviously TA is a legend but I tend not to read anything that is attributed to him.

Over the years I have found him to act in a very aloof way and often seems ill-informed at best and talking total shite at worst.

I would rather remember the TA on the park rather than the way he presents himself now.

8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Percy Dalton wrote:Obviously TA is a legend but I tend not to read anything that is attributed to him.

Over the years I have found him to act in a very aloof way and often seems ill-informed at best and talking total shite at worst.

I would rather remember the TA on the park rather than the way he presents himself now.

8)
I remember a (Video) interview with him just after he got the push as Pompey manager and he actually said that he 'Hated Talking...and if it was possible he would only converse with his family and close friends.....perhaps he's the 'Quiet Man' of footie...a bit John Wayne like....except of course John wayne was gay.... :shock:

chyren1

Post by chyren1 »

No way.. :shock:
Him too??
I learnt tonight than malcom x was bisexual :?

I wonder what kingjayson gaydar is saying?? :lol: :lol:

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

OneBardGooner wrote:I remember a (Video) interview with him just after he got the push as Pompey manager and he actually said that he 'Hated Talking...and if it was possible he would only converse with his family and close friends.....perhaps he's the 'Quiet Man' of footie...
Maybe he's simply referring to how the media twist words and then gullible fans lap it all up as gospel

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

hugh jardon wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:I remember a (Video) interview with him just after he got the push as Pompey manager and he actually said that he 'Hated Talking...and if it was possible he would only converse with his family and close friends.....perhaps he's the 'Quiet Man' of footie...
Maybe he's simply referring to how the media twist words and then gullible fans lap it all up as gospel
Yes, my thinking too....and how so much is placed (by the public - footie fans or otherwise) onwhat 'Celebrities' say...I mean Beckham recently said in an offhand way that it was The Catcher And The Rye's Author (Harper) that inspired the name for his newly born daughter 'Harper'...and within a week the sales of that particular tome had gone through the roof

crazy or what!? :?

Herd

catcher in the rye ???

Post by Herd »

crazy or what!? :

Yes especially when the book was written by JD SALINGER

Most overrated book Ive ever read ,Holden Caulfield was a wanker .

I like Phillip K Dick's books but I wouldn't name my kid after him !

augie

Post by augie »

Percy Dalton wrote:Obviously TA is a legend but I tend not to read anything that is attributed to him.

8)

Absolutely agree with this and the guy has a foot in mouth record that is only better by phw and wenger :roll:
Personally I dont give a flying fcuk how many bridges or whatever they name after fizsman cos I did not like him one jot and as far as I am concerned he put his own agenda's above that of the club :evil: :evil: :evil:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
hugh jardon wrote:
Yes, my thinking too....and how so much is placed (by the public - footie fans or otherwise) onwhat 'Celebrities' say...I mean Beckham recently said in an offhand way that it was To Kill A Mocking Bird Author (Harper) that inspired the name for his newly born daughter 'Harper'...and within a week the sales of that particular tome had gone through the roof

crazy or what!? :?
EDIT: sorry wasn't as awake as I thought I was :yawn: - not Catcher In The Rye.... :roll: :hammer: :suicide:

OneBardGooner

Re: catcher in the rye ???

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:crazy or what!? :

Don't know where the feck THAT came from..... :shock:

I meant the book "To Kill A Mocking Bird " :roll: DOH! :oops:

Remember being given the choice (at school for A level) between Ulysses (J.Joyce) and Catcher and the Rye.....oh deep joy..... went for the former...:roll:

OneBardGooner

Re: catcher in the rye ???

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:crazy or what!? :

Talking of which this (Blade Runner) is on BBClplayer at the moment,,,based on Dick's booko "Do Humanoids Dream Of Electric Sheep" - Now THAT would be quite a name even for Frank Zappa's offsprring! :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... de_Runner/

I Absolutely LOVE the opening 2 minutes of this movie...(2 minutes in that is then the first 2 minutes proper)...The nightmarish scenario of a polluted earth juxtaposed by the Beautiful music....(Vangelis)...

8) 8) 8)

Herd

Phillip K Dick

Post by Herd »

Yup ( well androids )and minority report and total recall to name but a few .

Without being rude I doubt if Beckham has read to Kill a Mockingbird either but might have seen the movie especially if there was a Disney version ! :) :)

TA is a legend but im surprised he can remember the arrival of danny fizman as he was probably in the dover street wine bar or ra ras at the time.
The thought of Fizman putting $50 cents of his own money into the club let alone $50 million is absurd !
Last edited by Herd on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

It's not crazy look at Oprah's Book Club :lol: :roll: