Swansea match

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DUFFMAN

Post by DUFFMAN »

Rugby Gooner wrote:DUFFMAN wrote: Rugby Gooner wrote: This is the first weekend for about 20 years that I never went to the game,or bothered to watch it on T.V.
Arsene,this is what you have done to me.
Even though we won,(I saw the result on Sky News),I bet that we only scraped it.
I took more pleasure in seeing my second team Brighton,(I lived there for 10 years),continuing their rise from almost total oblivion.
Dear Arsenal,what are you trying to do to me?!!
P.S. Why the fuck are those silly c**ts still parading that "In Arsene we trust" banner? HELLO!!!

Really??

The window is shut, the new boys have done nothing that doesn't deserve backing and the mug in charge is going nowhere. Just get over yourself and back the 11 in red and White.

If Brighton give you so much joy than you know what to do.

This is no "fuck off down the lane" that's for sure, but when someone actually specifies a team they'd rather watch than The Arsenal, I personally hope they never set foot inside our once proud club ever again.

Wanker.

I meant that I took more pleasure from seeing the Brighton RESULT,not actually going to see them!!!
And don't fucking call me a "wanker" for expressing an opinion you fucking facist!!!
Fair enuff, wanker was a bit much but seriously mate, to mention enjoying the result of another team being more enjoyable than ours is the sorta thing you hear from a 12 year old, Which you obv ain't.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Poor performance, no positives to take from the game other than 3 fortunate points. Any reasonable person should be very worried as to where we are going to take points this season.

terry henry

Post by terry henry »

goonersid wrote:Poor performance, no positives to take from the game other than 3 fortunate points. Any reasonable person should be very worried as to where we are going to take points this season.
This man is spot on!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

terry henry wrote:
goonersid wrote:Poor performance, no positives to take from the game other than 3 fortunate points. Any reasonable person should be very worried as to where we are going to take points this season.
This man is spot on!
12th of September 2011 . . . Made a record of the above quote ive never read that about Sid before :? :shock:

:wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

terry henry wrote:
This man is spat on!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I know he can be a bit controversial at times but that's a bit harsh on goonersid. :cry: :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

MadRich

Post by MadRich »

Shit game, shit atomsphere and very very lucky to come away with three points.

Anyway history has shown after such a historic beating, clubs do recover!
My only consolation is it cannot possible get any much worse

:banghead:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

MadRich wrote:Shit game, shit atomsphere and very very lucky to come away with three points.

I beg to differ, I think it's gonna get a lot fucking worse, before this bastard manager pisses off.

terry henry

Post by terry henry »

goonersid wrote:
MadRich wrote:Shit game, shit atomsphere and very very lucky to come away with three points.

I beg to differ, I think it's gonna get a lot fucking worse, before this bastard manager pisses off.
Well how bad do you think its gonna get?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

terry henry wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Well how bad do you think its gonna get?
Wait until we take a pasting at home, it's only a a matter of time.

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

All I thought about before the game was getting 3 points at any cost. However, after seeing the performance I did leave the ground feeling a bit worried.

Arteta looking like he's played for us for years was good to see. Santos needs to hit the ground running and come in at left back. Gibbs was poor and make me wonder - have I ever seen him have a really good game? he looks like he just makes up the numbers.

:?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

kiwomya wrote:
All I thought about before the game was getting 3 points at any cost. However, after seeing the performance I did leave the ground feeling a bit worried.

Arteta looking like he's played for us for years was good to see. Santos needs to hit the ground running and come in at left back. Gibbs was poor and make me wonder - have I ever seen him have a really good game? he looks like he just makes up the numbers.

:?
Nail on the head re Gibbs mate.

I think it's good to be hopeful about this guy, but some of the reviews of this guys performances last season where well short of the mark.

The guy has not performed well for the first team. He may develop, but let's judge him on what he actually does, rather than because people want him to do well. That's fine, but the judgment should be based on his performances on the pitch - which up until now, for a defender, have been poor.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

A win was a win. I expected a performance like that unless we scored early (The Ramsey chance would have lifted the mood straight off, could have been a different game) Performances are secondary to results at the moment.

Thought the new signings did well, one thing I did like was Benayoun coming on and actually looking bright and like he wanted to go forward rather than tap it about.

Hopefully after the win, the team might be able to put United behind them. A result at Dortmund would be the jilt they need.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gibbs looks exactly what he is - a winger that has been converted to a left back to fit Arsenes vision of an attacking full back. He is young and its a lot to ask of a kid therefore he shouldnt be in the team, just hope Santos is good enough when he gets his chance

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

rigsby wrote:A win was a win. I expected a performance like that unless we scored early (The Ramsey chance would have lifted the mood straight off, could have been a different game) Performances are secondary to results at the moment.

Thought the new signings did well, one thing I did like was Benayoun coming on and actually looking bright and like he wanted to go forward rather than tap it about.

Hopefully after the win, the team might be able to put United behind them. A result at Dortmund would be the jilt they need.
That's what i'm hoping for. We've also got Blackburn and Bolton games to come which, even with the current form, we should pick up points from....OK i'm being VERY hopeful on that.

Looking forward to the Champions League this season, though. No expectations at all.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

DUFFMAN wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:DUFFMAN wrote: Rugby Gooner wrote: This is the first weekend for about 20 years that I never went to the game,or bothered to watch it on T.V.
Arsene,this is what you have done to me.
Even though we won,(I saw the result on Sky News),I bet that we only scraped it.
I took more pleasure in seeing my second team Brighton,(I lived there for 10 years),continuing their rise from almost total oblivion.
Dear Arsenal,what are you trying to do to me?!!
P.S. Why the fuck are those silly c**ts still parading that "In Arsene we trust" banner? HELLO!!!

Really??

The window is shut, the new boys have done nothing that doesn't deserve backing and the mug in charge is going nowhere. Just get over yourself and back the 11 in red and White.

If Brighton give you so much joy than you know what to do.

This is no "fuck off down the lane" that's for sure, but when someone actually specifies a team they'd rather watch than The Arsenal, I personally hope they never set foot inside our once proud club ever again.

Wanker.

I meant that I took more pleasure from seeing the Brighton RESULT,not actually going to see them!!!
And don't fucking call me a "wanker" for expressing an opinion you fucking facist!!!
Fair enuff, wanker was a bit much but seriously mate, to mention enjoying the result of another team being more enjoyable than ours is the sorta thing you hear from a 12 year old, Which you obv ain't.

No probs mate,("facist "was a bit strong as well).
Just for the record,I will always be Arsenal first,but I used to live in Brighton,and the weekends when Arsenal were playing away,or I couldn't get a ticket,or I was a bit strapped for cash,I used to go and watch Brighton,(first at the Goldstone,then the Withdean).I also knew somebody who wrote one of their fanzines,and so I sympathised with them when they had their ground sold out from under them,and all the problems that that caused.
There are also quite a few Brighton fans that "follow" Arsenal.
It is for these reasons that I always look for their results,and why I am so pleased that it seems to be going well for them now.