ARSENE WENGER TRANSFERS:DO YOU WANT HIM TO HAVE MORE MONEY?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Well played bG you wont regret Mexican Image

Your arse might later though :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The club has a healthy enough cash position to clearly invest up to £80m in players and service the debt comfortably.

In the last two windows it's steadily risen from £30m to £50m and given the last set of financial statements and subsequent transfer profit and wages savings it should be around £80m.

And he never spends it. So why give him more. Much better to let it sit in a bank account earning a maximum of 2% interest, rather than re-investing it in the football club (that thing that used to be our prime business interest before we became a property developer) and generating a return on it through extra prize money and sponsorship.

If we left £50m sitting it a bank account for a year we'd earn around £1m of interest. Every place in the PL is worth over £800k, and each additional knock-out round of the CL at least £2.5m, plus in the longer term we become more marketable overseas etc in the way that United have.

Still lets focus on those apartments instead

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

flash gunner wrote:Well played bG you wont regret Mexican Image

Your arse might later though :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, mexican food always reminds you a day later of how awesome that chilli was 8) :lol:

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Great post SteveO been saying the same for ages.

Oh and LMAO at Red Member. Yeah you're right I deliberately left out the summer signings as I knew their top quality would kinda defeat my agenda.

Wow I mean just looking at Choo Young, Santos, Benayoun and Mertesacker it's like watching Zico, Roberto Carlos and Gerd Muller!
Arteta is like Platini.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

the summer signings are all performing though aren't they ?
hardly flops.

anyway I will let you get on with your moaning whilst I concentrate on watching this golden age for the club.

stg

Post by stg »

Red Member wrote:the summer signings are all performing though aren't they ?
hardly flops.

anyway I will let you get on with your moaning whilst I concentrate on watching this golden age for the club.
our GK Wojciech Szczesny is also playing well :wink:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

hardly flops.

LMAO @ Golden Age. Heh. You are very good at alternate WUM comedy I give you that!

I'm sure in years to come, future generations of Gooners will look back at this glorious Wenger-era of quality and:

- Marvel at an 8-2 butt-pumping at the hands of ManYoo
- Delight at a shambolic 4-3 beating to Blackburn
- Gasp in admiration at the sight of top-class Sczesny fumbling a Kyle Walker daisy-cutter, as Spuds beat us in a NLD AGAIN.
- Reminisce over an average Liverpool side beating us comfortably at home
- Praise Wenger's brilliance at an end of season record that saw Arsenal in relegation form with 2 wins from 16 Premier Leagues!!
- Sing hosannah to a Carling Cup defeat to a relegated Brum side
- Praise Wenger for 'beating Barca' (forgetting that Arsenal were destroyed in the return leg without getting a single shot on goal. A new CL record)
- High fives all round as Fabregas, Nasri and co are all let go, as the comical manager claims otherwise, made to look a class clown.
- Write odes to Abou Diaby's latest contract extension to match his latest injury/shit performance.

GOLDEN AGE! It's better than Greek mythology indeed!!!!

:barscarf:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Golden age of our club.

Macca

Post by Macca »

Babatunde wrote:
hardly flops.

LMAO @ Golden Age. Heh. You are very good at alternate WUM comedy I give you that!

I'm sure in years to come, future generations of Gooners will look back at this glorious Wenger-era of quality and:

- Marvel at an 8-2 butt-pumping at the hands of ManYoo
- Delight at a shambolic 4-3 beating to Blackburn
- Gasp in admiration at the sight of top-class Sczesny fumbling a Kyle Walker daisy-cutter, as Spuds beat us in a NLD AGAIN.
- Reminisce over an average Liverpool side beating us comfortably at home
- Praise Wenger's brilliance at an end of season record that saw Arsenal in relegation form with 2 wins from 16 Premier Leagues!!
- Sing hosannah to a Carling Cup defeat to a relegated Brum side
- Praise Wenger for 'beating Barca' (forgetting that Arsenal were destroyed in the return leg without getting a single shot on goal. A new CL record)
- High fives all round as Fabregas, Nasri and co are all let go, as the comical manager claims otherwise, made to look a class clown.
- Write odes to Abou Diaby's latest contract extension to match his latest injury/shit performance.

GOLDEN AGE! It's better than Greek mythology indeed!!!!

:barscarf:
I don't think you can argue with any of the above , that's why I'm continiously nervous going into games , that includes Norwich away!
:(

armchair

Post by armchair »

Babatunde wrote:
I honestly think this club needs a Director of Football type of person.
Someone like a competent version of Comolli, who has a budget and scouts a list of top players, hands his list to Wenger and then lets Wenger decide who on the list he fancies.

I guarantee you there won't be one single player from French Ligue 1 on that list....
:shock:
Bollox - WENGER OUT. Does that answer the question in the title of your thread?

There was me thinking you wanted him out too. How stupid am I? :oops:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

armchair supporter wrote:
Babatunde wrote:
Someone like a competent version of Comolli, who has a budget and scouts a list of top players, hands his list to Wenger and then lets Wenger decide who on the list he fancies.

I guarantee you there won't be one single player from French Ligue 1 on that list....

Got to agree with Armchair here! Baba it wouldn't work, Wenger is too entrenched and I don't like that system anyway, it doesn't seem to work in the Prem, look at was it Shearer (?) with the Barcodes.

Also, I'd just like to see Wenger gone, his tactical and motivational failings are simply too much among other reasons.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:WOW another lets all moan about wenger thread we havent had 1 of those for a while :wink: :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

hardly flops.

So what constitutes a 'Flop' penis breath?

amd give it time.....I mean park had a stormer didn't he! :roll: the Ox has played more games for England U21 than us! :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SWLGooner wrote:Golden age of our club.
Shouldn't you have highlighted our instead? :lol:

Anyway, I'm sure even redmember knows he's fishing for a reaction when he calls this the "golden age of our club" :oops: :roll: :lol:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

armchair supporter wrote:
Babatunde wrote:

Mate. I want Wenger Out more than anyone!!! I am with you 100%. The reason I say DOF, is because I don't see the board sacking him, but having someone else take over transfers would be a very effective way of forcing him out. He is too much of an arrogant c*** and would walk if that ever happened. Music to my ears it would be.

I've wanted Wenger Out since 2008 when he screwed a league title that was there for the taking.

My reasons for wanting Wenger Out are simple really.

1. Any Arsenal manager that says he's 'taking second place for the next twenty years' needs to sling his hook.

2. No trophies in almost seven years

3. A salary equivalent of over £40 million has been banked by him since then.

4. The pathetic inability to release players who don't make the grade.

5. The complete lack of tactical acumen

6. Incompetence in the transfer market. He's a dinosaur. Only willing to sign any French/African players from Ligue 1. We are an English club, not a French club.

7. 4-4 Newcastle.

8. 8-2 Old Trafford.

9. 4-4 Spuds.

10. Manuel Almunia

11. Mik Silvestre

12. Continuing to use AFC as his own experimental breeding ground to massage his ego. He can piss off to France and do that, not over here.

13. His pathetic and disgracefully consistent lying to the fans. Unacceptable.

14. His public backing of the 6.5% ticket price rise in a recession, off the back of his worst season in a long time and off the back of his undeserved salary.

15. Managing to spend over £50 mil the summer just gone by, and yet ending up with not one new player that would get a game in the Man United or Spuds first eleven.

16. THIS one is the most unacceptable one for me: GETTING ARSENAL TO THE STAGE WHEREBY MOST NEUTRAL OBSERVERS SEE SPUDS AS A SUPERIOR FOOTBALL TEAM TO ARSENAL, AND WHEREBY MANY ARSENAL FANS GO INTO NORTH LONDON DERBIES EXPECTING TO BE BEATEN BY SPURS. THIS SHOULD NEVER, EVER, EVER BE HAPPENING.

17. His arrogance in the Champions League every single year. Tossing away piss-easy groups that are there to be won, ending up second, and then having to endure him and his clueless sheep claim 'Oh we drew Barca, what more could we have done'. WIN THE EFFING GROUP IS WHAT.

18. His disrespecting of the FA Cup season upon season. The mentality of 'throwing' trophies is a Loser mentality. I want a manager that goes into EVERY competition with a desire to win it. If Wenger doesn't have the squad to compete in every cup, whilst overseeing a wage bill of £124 millon, he' isn't the man to manage Arsenal.

19. His complete cowardice at cancelling the supporters Q&A whenever things are going shit. No spine, much like many of his players.

20. His financial mismanagement of Arsenal. See contract extensions of Diaby, Song, Rosicky, and wages of Denilson, Almunia, Bendtner, Fabianski etc.

There.

TWENTY reasons I have wanted this joker gone since 2008.

Trust me mate, I am 100% with you.

The DOF suggestion was going with the assumption that AW would not be sacked by the gormless Gazidis. That is another way of removing AW and we wouldn't even have to pay him out!!!!