THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote: I agree. For reasons I listed earlier I don't think we will struggle to appoint a decent new manager. The problem is vacating the manager's job. Wenger will not walk away. The owner/board will not sack him. The problem is NOT replacing him. The problem is removing him. :|
Only time will tell on this one. I seriously hope to be proved wrong by the board.
Removing him is easy...its the emotional...sorry...the financial attachment the board have with him. Wenger makes them money by somehow delivering champions league football every season. By hook or by crook, he'll do it again this season. I'm still laughing at how we managed to finish second last season, above Spurs...no trophy but still funny as fuck.
Not while the majority worship him as a god it isn't.

Only when the majority turn on him will the board actually have to do something, until then they don't have to do anything.
Gazidis once said something like "the fans will decide when Wenger goes", we are nowhere near that point yet.
Gazidis saying that when the vast majority still vocally support Wenger is easy. He'll change his tune if the majority turn against Wenger.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I for one will judge him in May 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Robin_L wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Robin_L wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
BFG4 wrote: I'm not suggesting that I'm happy for players to show fuck all loyalty, but I think its illogical to expect it in the modern game. You could argue, that academy players aside, every player shows disloyalty to move somewhere else. I still don't know what you expected RVP to do. Lets put it this way, we all support the club, and can still see the clear problems that exist from top to bottom, but we love the club, so we are forced to put up with it. However, a player who knows it's his job, is hardly going to put up with these same problems, when he is being offered a better deal somewhere else. Each to their own, but I don't believe any player in modern day football, loves the team they play for, and you can include any of our current squad within that. I support whoever puts on an Arsenal jersey on, but I don't believe for a second, that there isn't a price, that wouldn't see them go somewhere else.
I don't think you understand my point here. What offends me is not RVJC leaving. Players leave - it happens. What offends me is the way his actions have been justified by some Gooners as the actions of a normal decent person, as if his actions shouldn't be questioned or criticised. People coming on here saying he shouldn't get abuse for what he did. THAT's what I disagree with. If he had questioned the club's ambition and walked out on his 100K a week after, I dunno say, 4 years lying on our treatment table because the club didn't match his ambition I'd say fine, no problem. But to spend 9 years malingering on our treatment table, being paid millions, and never once question the club, and then after the one banker of a season he suddenly now questions the club and cashes in for a move to the Filth? That's the actions of a cúnt.
Did he spend 9 years malingering on our treatment table? This is some quite startling revisionist history from some Arsenal supporters.

Van Persie's appearances for Arsenal, all comps: 41, 38, 31, 23, 44, 19, 33, 48. He made a total of 277 appearances across 8 seasons, averaging over 34 a season.

Let's compare this with Jack Wilshere. I'll chalk off his first two development seasons, so let's say we've had 6 full seasons of Jack Wilshere, post-Bolton loan. He totals 142 apps in that time, or around 23 a season.

Tomas Rosicky. 247 apps in 10 seasons, less than 25 a season. Wally Walcott, a player who most wouldn't even place in the highest bracket of Arsenal's injured contingent, he's on 321 from his 10 full seasons here, 32 a season. Less than Walcott.

van Persie's had 2 seasons out of 8 that were properly injury disrupted and even in those he appeared in nearly half our league games.

So all in all, this whole thing that's sprung up about 'greedy disloyal van Persie constantly injured year after year and then fucking off his one goal-heavy season' is just bollocks, there's no other way to say it. He gave the best years of his career to this club, was surrounded for most of it by sub-standard mediocrity and an increasingly flawed manager. I don't blame him at all for jumping ship to claim a nailed on title with United. Not one bit.
Revisionist history? :lol: Coming from you that's hilarious! :lol: :lol:

Love your dishonest use of stats to back a dead argument.

"Van Persie's appearances for Arsenal, all comps: 41, 38, 31, 23, 44, 19, 33, 48." :roll: Yeah... maximise the stats without qualifying them. Include as many cup games as you can there. Piss funny. :lol: :roll:

Now, pull your head out of your arse and take an honest look at his appearances. Especially the word "appearances". That word is disingenuous. That's the number of times he got on the pitch, whether it was for 90 minutes or 10 minutes, whether as a starter or a sub. It doesn't mean he put in that number of full games.

He is specifically associated with wanting to win the PL and with Arsenal not matching that ambition. So let's look at his PL "appearances".

04/05 = 26
05/06 = 24
06/07 = 22
07/08 = 15
08/09 = 28
09/10 = 16
10/11 = 25
11/12 = 38

That's not full games either, it includes numerous subs and going off injured. And there was me thinking the PL season was 38 full games! He managed ONE full season in 8 seasons with us.

One "goal heavy" season?? Exactly. In those 8 seasons he only hit 20+ PL goals ONCE and indeed he only managed double figures at all 4 times. In the big scheme of things his contribution was nothing but the odd spectacular goal.

"He gave the best years of his career to this club" :lol: :oops: None of the utter gash you have posted above changes the fact he could have questioned the club's ambition at any time during that period and he didn't. He just took his millions and stayed shtum. :roll:

What RVJC has to do with any of those other players you list is beyond me. The discussion was about RVJC. But hey, try and justify your argument any way you can! :lol:
So in every game where he didn't appear for 90 minutes was down to injury was it? *facepalm* I know as an Irishman you probably aren't the sharpest tool in the box, but do try and think it through eh " :wink: " " :wink: " Hey, just joking buddy!! :barscarf:

I do love how you criticise people for abuse on this forum whilst hiding behind barely disguised abuse of your own. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You crack me up pal.
Your late edit on your racial slur and the attempt at using some form of "acceptable" sarcastic humour to cover it is pathetic and has earned you yet another 7 day ban. That's your last temporary ban - the next one will be permanent.

Tbh, after I review this decision with my fellow mods, I might make this one permanent.

To address your post, your rank stupidity in your first sentence there is typical of the moronic rubbish you often post on here. Where did I say that?

Basically you are known on here for two things; calling regular posters "mugs" and "pricks" and your pathetic and childish trolling of SteveO. Oh look, it's three things now; racism as well. You need to take a long look at yourself, you are a disgusting individual.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Looks like you took out your racist slur a little too late there Robin... :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Ouch, little man syndrome strikes on Gooner2Gooner :shock: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Think this place was easier to read when you could only have 5 quotes imbedded in your post :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Ouch, little man syndrome strikes on Gooner2Gooner :shock: :lol:
Is Robin one of your Ewok cousins? :shock: I had no idea. Explains a lot though. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:Think this place was easier to read when you could only have 5 quotes imbedded in your post :lol: :lol:
Also, before we had so many idiots join up... :shock:

:lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Ouch, little man syndrome strikes on Gooner2Gooner :shock: :lol:
Is Robin one of your Ewok cousins? :shock: I had no idea. Explains a lot though. :lol:
Robin Cousins :rubchin:

That's it a picture of me and a ginger, you forced me into this, btw how do you post pictures, I'm new at this :lol:

I thought Robin i was his cousin anyhow.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

look could everyone just caaaaaalmmm downnnn - it could be worse we could be trying to sign Johnny Evans. :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:Think this place was easier to read when you could only have 5 quotes imbedded in your post :lol: :lol:

It takes about 3 hours to scroll down on a Smartphone, for my Oirish cousins that's a phone that's smart :wink: :lol:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

What the fuck are journalists up to???

How on earth can they just sit there and lap that shit up and not at the very least throw out an awkward question or 2.....is it that any awkward question asking journos are banned.....are press conferences just Amy Lawrence and arseblog riding each other down the back while wenger leers on??

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

It takes about 3 hours to scroll down on a Smartphone, for my Oirish cousins that's a phone that's smart :wink: :lol:
Probably not the best day to push that line of pisstake, mate. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:look could everyone just caaaaaalmmm downnnn - it could be worse we could be trying to sign Johnny Evans. :shock:
We may have to make mentioning J*hnny Fucking Ev*ns a banning offence. :rubchin: