Jack the LAD new No.10

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Seanyboi

Jack the LAD new No.10

Post by Seanyboi »

Life after RVP: Wilshere will inherit Dutch striker's No 10 shirt at Arsenal

Jack Wilshere will be named Arsenal’s new No 10 on Friday — taking the shirt of talisman Robin van Persie.
The England midfielder, who has been on the sidelines for over 12 months due to a clutch of injuries, will wear the shirt vacated by former hero Van Persie — and previously worn by Dennis Bergkamp.
Wilshere is making positive progress on his road to recovery from knee and foot problems and is expected to return in October.

Mine now: Jack Wilshere will claim the prized No 10 shirt
Meanwhile Arsene Wenger has told of his disappointment at selling Van Persie to arch-rivals Manchester United, admitting he would rather have sent his talisman abroad.
‘We wanted to avoid it but we couldn’t,’ said the Arsenal manager. ‘I’d rather have sold him abroad, to Paris Saint-Germain for example. Manchester United know him and his qualities. But when you can’t succeed in extending the contract of a player in his last year, there is no other thing to do but to let him go.

Gone: Robin Van Persie arrives for his United medical
‘It’s sad because he played for us for eight years. He’s 29 now. He was 21 when he came and it’s another bitter pill to swallow. The economic part of it is the only satisfaction. But money doesn’t go out on the field and play, players do.’
Sportsmail has learned that Wenger is unlikely to jump straight into the transfer market until it becomes clear he needs more firepower.
Athletic Bilbao centre forward Fernando Llorente features highly on his wishlist and Arsenal spies have extensively watched Atletico Madrid forward Adrian Lopez. :blah: :blah:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z23nNBLh8Q

BournemouthRED

Re: Jack the LAD new No.10

Post by BournemouthRED »

Good news regarding wilshere on arse.com. He's running and should start proper training next month :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BournemouthRED wrote:Good news regarding wilshere on arse.com. He's running and should start proper training next month :barscarf:
Haven't they being spinning that one with 10 months now?

T.S

Post by T.S »

So we've retired the number 10 then?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

T.S wrote:So we've retired the number 10 then?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But also;

:(

(We might not see the famous 10 for another couple of years now).

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

how long can it take to rehabilitate a muscle injury/get him off blow FFS
surely he'll be back before fireworks night...

projoe

Post by projoe »

"I feel proud to wear it now after some real Club legends have worn it, such as Dennis Bergkamp."

Love it! :lol:

MM99

Post by MM99 »

projoe wrote:"I feel proud to wear it now after some real Club legends have worn it, such as Dennis Bergkamp."

Beautiful :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

projoe wrote:"I feel proud to wear it now after some real Club legends have worn it, such as Dennis Bergkamp."

Usually I'm of the "Shut the fuck up, Jack" opinion. But that is just top quality. 8) :lol: 8)

Well played, young coke addi - erm, sorry - young injured Jack me lad! :-P :wink:

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

Come back soon, Jack!
With a proper shirt to come next year hopefully I know which name I´ll print on the back :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Usually I'm of the "Shut the fuck up, Jack" opinion. But that is just top quality. 8) :lol: 8)

Well played, young coke addi - erm, sorry - young injured Jack me lad! :-P :wink:
Yeah he's one of those 99% of footballers too stupid and/or immature to carry himself properly on social media sites and interviews most of the time, but he knew exactly what he was saying here.

Let's hope we see him before Christmas!

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

Fantastic. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nice One Jacko!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :high5: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

WHAT !!!???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: FFS DB next you'll be telling me there's no such thing as Father Christmas!...

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

Hoplefully the new number means he's actually on track for return in october. Great quotes from him!