Olivier Giroud - Another Alan Smith or "Le Chapman"?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Top Londoner

Re: Olivier Giroud and Alan Smith

Post by Top Londoner »

REB wrote:
Red Member wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Red Member wrote:
LDB wrote:I have a good feeling about Giroud.I think he'll come good for us
thats it you keep telling yourself that.
out of interest what do you base that optimism on?

Wonder who is pulling your strings :roll:

????? dont understand that one. Are you irish? :?

whats been irish got anything to do with this thread red :?:
Nothing.
The :censored: is just upping his post count.
He thinks that he is being thought provoking and contentious, but he is really being contradictory to his other posts and, quite frankly, he is embarrassing himself on here.

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

T.S wrote:Anyway, back on topic...

Henry and Dennis were gash in Italy. If you'd based your opinion of them on their time in Italy and their first few games, you'd be as apoplectic as Baba is right now (and is normally). Thing is though, even when you're sure you're right - there's a good chance you're actually talking out of your arse. Especially with football. That applies to all of us.

So, what I'm saying is - ALL of us talk shit. All of us. Without exception. So, while we're waiting to find out for sure whether Giroud is going to turn Henry or Jeffers, let's give the lad a little support, eh? After all, aren't we supposed to be 'supporters''?
I think you sum things up quite accurately.

Herd

Post by Herd »

So far he looks like Bendtner only more expensive !
Bendtner like the poor is still with us but just look at the balance sheet if we can get rid of him for the reported 5 million and Sell Walcott for 12 to City , we will be quids in !

Self sustaining model
We've got a self sustaining model
Self sustaining model

DB this one's going to catch on ,at least with Good old Tom Fox and his diversity focus group revenue streamers !

I'm off to get very seriously drunk in a short while !

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

BournemouthRED wrote:I like the look of giroud, so does my bird! :lol:
Same here, the exact words were "He's a bit of alright, despite wearing that purple shit" :lol:

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Top Londoner wrote:I actually thought that taking on that shot showed confidence in his ability.
I also thought that Ramsey was five yards too far back to have made much of a pass to him, other than to try and hit it first time, had the ball even reached him, as there was a defender tracking back.
His miss against Sunderland sucked, but nobody's perfect.
I reckon that the bloke will be a success.
Think I posted something like that on another thread, well said TOP :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Top Londoner wrote:I actually thought that taking on that shot showed confidence in his ability.
I also thought that Ramsey was five yards too far back to have made much of a pass to him, other than to try and hit it first time, had the ball even reached him, as there was a defender tracking back.
His miss against Sunderland sucked, but nobody's perfect.
I reckon that the bloke will be a success.
I agree with this

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote: Self sustaining model
Self sustaining model

DB this one's going to catch on ,at least with Good old Tom Fox and his diversity focus group revenue streamers !

I'm off to get very seriously drunk in a short while !
I love this chant. Quality. 8) :D

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Most strikers would have taken that shot on.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

rigsby wrote:Most strikers would have taken that shot on.

The Skinny Moroccan wouldn't have.

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

I'll be chuffed if we have finally found someone who is willing to take a shot. Fed up with the relentless pass, pass, pass BS.

Nobody scores every time, not even Messi or Ronaldo, or even Wrighty and Shearer in their prime.

If you don't shoot then you won't score. Simple.

Of course, all the time he isn't scoring then certain people will be pleased as it allows them to go on about how shit he is and what a waste of money he is etc. as we know, 120 mins of football should be enough for him to have stuffed in 4 or 5 hat-tricks by now, just like Bergkamp and Henry di ........oh ....er ....that's right they didn't do that either did they.

And cue the 'Are you comparing a second rate pile of shite French striker to the quality of those guys' rants. :wink: :lol:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I think he has the most pressure on him any forward has had. If he fails the team fails with him. I dont see Podolski being anything better than OK. If you want to win things you have to have at least 2 quality strikers and a decent back up to them.
At this time we have Giroud and Chamakh with Bendtner and Park Shirley on their way out.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Well Pods not really been that type of player. No doubt he can grab you 12-15 goals, but as the main man? Unsure. Giroud is under a lot of pressure, and any Arsenal fan writing him off after barely any game time is an idiot

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

LDB wrote:
Red Member wrote:
LDB wrote:I have a good feeling about Giroud.I think he'll come good for us
thats it you keep telling yourself that.
out of interest what do you base that optimism on?
Fuck off
:coffeespit:

dont know why this made me laugh but im creasing at my desk

in other news seriously get off the guy's back, red you could also ask what you based your opinion that Song is "world class" on, opinions are like arseholes everyone's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks :blah:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Worth resurrecting this thread, so we can express just how fucking useless he is. Possibly the worst I've seen at the club since Jeffers.
Chamakh, vela ond even park woyld have scored that one today, the guy is pure pish.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Don't want to go all Baba on him yet but I am always skeptical about players from the French league given the number of duds we have signed from there of late. People have been lenient on him on the basis of him being new to the English game, don't think his performances have merited it. Not considering the chances he has missed, his overall play have not impressed me one bit. His link up play have been poor, he is too slow and he gives me the impression that he will get poorer and poorer as his confidence level drops, the Chamakh effect so to speak. Seen people saying that he won't be another Chamakh but Chamakh was miles better than Giroud during the start of his Arsenal career. Again don't want to give up on him yet, but i'm not very confident about this guy.