Bacs, Frimps and Jack

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MM99

Re: Bacs, Frimps and Jack

Post by MM99 »

augie wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:So we've got Frimpong, Wilshere, Diaby and Rosicky to come back as genuine first team squad midfielders and Eisfeld showing promise to go alongside Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla and Coquelin who all are naturally central midfielders plus the Ox wants to play there too.

Which position do you think the Self Harmer will strengthen in January if any - midfield ?
theres also a story out this morning that AW is to fast track Gnabry until xmas and then decide if he's the replacement for Feo and then let Feo go.

it shouldn't be hard, all the kid has to do is run fast, not cross and score the occasional blaster or tap in...

Maybe but is he photogenic and a good pr tool for the club ? Also is he any good at writing kids books ? Of course if he really is to step into walnuts boots then he has to have the ability (neck) to write a biography in his early 20's despite achieving the square root of fuk all ? :roll: Hardly big boots to fill are they ? :banghead:
Mate you do know that Walcott doesn't actually take time out of his day to sit down with a pen and paper and write the books himself :lol: All it is, is him allowing a publisher to use his name on the books, all the rest is done by ghost writers and the publishing house.

augie

Post by augie »

MM99 wrote:
augie wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:So we've got Frimpong, Wilshere, Diaby and Rosicky to come back as genuine first team squad midfielders and Eisfeld showing promise to go alongside Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla and Coquelin who all are naturally central midfielders plus the Ox wants to play there too.

Which position do you think the Self Harmer will strengthen in January if any - midfield ?
theres also a story out this morning that AW is to fast track Gnabry until xmas and then decide if he's the replacement for Feo and then let Feo go.

it shouldn't be hard, all the kid has to do is run fast, not cross and score the occasional blaster or tap in...

Maybe but is he photogenic and a good pr tool for the club ? Also is he any good at writing kids books ? Of course if he really is to step into walnuts boots then he has to have the ability (neck) to write a biography in his early 20's despite achieving the square root of fuk all ? :roll: Hardly big boots to fill are they ? :banghead:
Mate you do know that Walcott doesn't actually take time out of his day to sit down with a pen and paper and write the books himself :lol: All it is, is him allowing a publisher to use his name on the books, all the rest is done by ghost writers and the publishing house.

Of course I knew it - the post was meant to be tongue in cheek

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I think Gnabry can be a proper player for us
really felt it tonight, felt the crowd knew they'd seen something
he has it

(think I might have said the same thing about Bentley...)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If Mertesacker was coming back from injury instead of Frimpong we could rename this thread Bac, Sac and Jack

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

SteveO 35 wrote:So we've got Frimpong headless, Wilshere unknown, Diaby and Rosicky crocks to come back as genuine first team squad midfielders and Eisfeld learning showing promise to go alongside Arteta, fitful, Ramsey headless, Cazorla fitful and Coquelin learning who all are naturally central midfielders plus the Ox learning wants to play there too.

Yes please. And strikers. And defenders. And goalkeeper....

:twisted:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Unknown? First name on Englands teamsheet.
Absolute nonsense to call Jack unknown.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

highburyJD wrote:Unknown? First name on Englands teamsheet.
Agreed but what certainly is 'unknown' is whether we'll see the Wilshere of 2 seasons ago immediately. There is huge expectation on the lad's shoulders and we all know from having seen it with Ramsey, TV5, Eduardo etc that it is very difficult to come back from that long out and hit the ground running. He's such a tough little bugger too and won't shirk the physical battle, so he could well be picking up knocks that keep him out for a couple of weeks at a time.

He will be a huge improvement to Ramsey, but where are the goals going to come from. Last season Arteta weighed in with a few but has to shore up the team these days and Wilshere has never been prolific even in reserve football - he's more a provider.

And much as I'd love to have the same faith as you that we'll add a new striker in January, I think we are looking at TH14 back on loan and that's it, as cover for the Afro Cup of Nations. Then we'll be back to Forehead, the Camel and Le Chapman to get us through this season

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

SteveO 35 wrote:
highburyJD wrote:Unknown? First name on Englands teamsheet.
Agreed but what certainly is 'unknown' is whether we'll see the Wilshere of 2 seasons ago immediately...There is huge expectation on the lad's shoulders and we all know from having seen it with Ramsey, TV5, Eduardo etc that it is very difficult to come back from that long out and hit the ground running...
Er..yeah. Ta. Maybe should've said output uncertain. If he proves to be as talismanic to the Arsenal team as he is to many fans then (more than) good but I 'm worried for him and his career personally.

:twisted:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

SteveO 35 wrote:If Mertesacker was coming back from injury instead of Frimpong we could rename this thread Bac, Sac and Jack
:lol: genius
and I'd rather have been having hair ripped from my nether regions with the help of burning wax
than watch Arsenal's last two performances
SteveO 35 wrote:Wilshere has never been prolific even in reserve football - he's more a provider.
I think, like Cesc, Jack will become a goalscorer once established,
he scored loads at lower levels
SteveO 35 wrote:And much as I'd love to have the same faith as you that we'll add a new striker in January,
I'm confident for several reasons - business cycle (sponsorship deals coming up), poor form (financially we need CL)
and PR (if they're not careful SilentStan and Ivan could have a supporter mutiny on their hands)