EVERTON AWAY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: EVERTON AWAY

Post by SteveO 35 »

littlefire wrote:I thought the players gave handbrake though we lacked a little bit the spirit.
Overall you could see they were alzheimers from the illusory domination of the sharpness in the final third.

:twisted:
Poor old Wengster? :twisted:

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

SteveO 35 wrote:
littlefire wrote:I thought the players gave handbrake though we lacked a little bit the spirit.
Overall you could see they were alzheimers from the illusory domination of the sharpness in the final third.

Poor old Wengster? :twisted:
:idea:

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

SteveO 35 wrote: The best bit is that we've got the old fashioned English carthorse centre-forward up top as well - fuck me if that wasn't a modern day Kerry Dixon or Mark Hateley lumbering around up there tonight. Now I'm sure my old mate Daryl and the rest of Le Chapman's fan club will be along to defend him but please on this one occasion do not come up with the throwaway line that 'he put in a decent shift'.......err, no he fucking did not. I watched our new goalscoring machine intently tonight, hiding behind the centre half when the chance of a through ball was on, falling over in possession on countless occasions, flick ons to non existent strike partners, balls bouncing off his shins with customary grace and the crowning glory comedy moment when he finally got into a goalscoring position of whacking it into his own face whilst off balance. There will be other days when you get to have your Giroud love-in moments on his way to the grand total of 10-12 league goals, but in big away games the fella will continue to prove what he undoubtedly is - an average, old fashioned target man. Still, at least he reminds me of how much I liked the green and blue away kit vintage of 82/83
We were warned. Sigh.

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Guess who scored for Man U tonight to take them top of the table?

A winner.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

21pts dropped from only 14 matches :oops: :lol: - woeful stuff again. No doubt Wenger will highlight our "spirit" and "fight", but that's because it's all we've got left to offer... where's the quality gone? :? where's the creativity?

Good to see the £150m we spend on wages is being put to good use :roll: :oops: :oops: (I bet that nearly covers Sp*rs, West Brom and Everton's wages put together, doesn't it? :shock: - still, he's operating with both arms tide behind his back is poor Arsene)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:21pts dropped from only 14 matches :oops: :lol: - woeful stuff again. No doubt Wenger will highlight our "spirit" and "fight", but that's because it's all we've got left to offer... where's the quality gone? :? where's the creativity?

Good to see the £150m we spend on wages is being put to good use :roll: :oops: :oops: (I bet that nearly covers Sp*rs, West Brom and Everton's wages put together, doesn't it? :shock: - still, he's operating with both arms tide behind his back is poor Arsene)
But we are in the market for top, top, top quality players mate didn't you hear? Like Le Hateley/Dixon/Chapman/Ormondroyd

Never mind.....at least West Brom lost :wink: :oops: I told you it wouldn't last :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
g88ner wrote:21pts dropped from only 14 matches :oops: :lol: - woeful stuff again. No doubt Wenger will highlight our "spirit" and "fight", but that's because it's all we've got left to offer... where's the quality gone? :? where's the creativity?

But we are in the market for top, top, top quality players mate didn't you hear? Like Le Hateley/Dixon/Chapman/Ormondroyd

Never mind.....at least West Brom lost :wink: :oops: I told you it wouldn't last :barscarf:
Ye with little faith... my West Brom will be back on track come the weekend :barscarf:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

5 wins in 14 games.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

"We could have negotiated some counter attacks a bit better" :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

SteveO 35 wrote: The best bit is that we've got the old fashioned English carthorse centre-forward up top as well - fuck me if that wasn't a modern day Kerry Dixon or Mark Hateley lumbering around up there tonight. Now I'm sure my old mate Daryl and the rest of Le Chapman's fan club will be along to defend him but please on this one occasion do not come up with the throwaway line that 'he put in a decent shift'.......err, no he fucking did not. I watched our new goalscoring machine intently tonight, hiding behind the centre half when the chance of a through ball was on, falling over in possession on countless occasions, flick ons to non existent strike partners, balls bouncing off his shins with customary grace and the crowning glory comedy moment when he finally got into a goalscoring position of whacking it into his own face whilst off balance. There will be other days when you get to have your Giroud love-in moments on his way to the grand total of 10-12 league goals, but in big away games the fella will continue to prove what he undoubtedly is - an average, old fashioned target man. Still, at least he reminds me of how much I liked the green and blue away kit vintage of 82/83
how many crosses did he get in the air from walcott or pod ? or any of our wide players ?

how many times did the full back or winger get behind his man and whip in an early cross to Giroud ?

imho shearer and lineker were old fashioned centre forwards, very successful ones too. but they relied on a team playing to their strengths.

this team plays to nobodies strengths - jack and cazorla who thrive on pace and movement are paired with the lumbering indecisive ramsay.

walcott who should be running onto through balls over the top is put wide or comes deep to get the ball off ramsay or jack...

the set up is wrong and the tactics are non existent.

games are won and lost in midfield and ours is built to deny and stifle. not our strong points.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Ye with little faith... my West Brom will be back on track come the weekend :barscarf:
We're going to de-rail them you old drama queen :D :wink: :oops:

Haven't you heard about our bids for super quality Shane Long and James Morrison

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

ps any boos ?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Still trying to work out if my stream was that dreadful or if we were just exceptionally slow all over the pitch tonight. Either way it made for fucking dire watching and for the second time in a few days it's felt like a fucking chore watching us for two hours.

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

clockender1 wrote:ps any boos ?
few boo's must have been from upper tier and a few odd you dont know what you're doin nuffin to write home about though mate

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

clockender1 wrote:
how many crosses did he get in the air from walcott or pod ? or any of our wide players ?

how many times did the full back or winger get behind his man and whip in an early cross to Giroud ?

imho shearer and lineker were old fashioned centre forwards, very successful ones too. but they relied on a team playing to their strengths.

this team plays to nobodies strengths - jack and cazorla who thrive on pace and movement are paired with the lumbering indecisive ramsay.

walcott who should be running onto through balls over the top is put wide or comes deep to get the ball off ramsay or jack...

the set up is wrong and the tactics are non existent.

games are won and lost in midfield and ours is built to deny and stifle. not our strong points.
Its the same system that saw Van Persie score 30 goals mate and he was hardly a player that relied on decent crosses being planted on his head. He had two decent crosses from which to score in the second half - one he floated just wide, the other he played a nice one-two with his face. I find it incredible that when a player as limited as him scores it's a case of "everyone proved wrong" and yet when he doesn't its all down to the 'lack of service'

I would say that last season's team lacked even more invention - Cazorla and the return of Wilshere has taken up the level of service a whole notch.....and the bloke is getting fantastic service into his feet. The problem is he's got two left ones which doesn't help.

I'm not going to defend Wenger's gormless 4-5-1 with a lone striker. I've wanted him to change it almost since he first introduced it - but please don't ignore the formation and praise Giroud when he scores and plays well (3 games so far) but use it as a defence mechanism when he's shit (as he was tonight yet again)

Also it was a bit hard for Pod to get a cross to him on the basis that he wasn't playing