EVERTON AWAY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: EVERTON AWAY

Post by northbank123 »

I do agree that to an extent the 'service' can be as good as you make it: van Persie's movement is unreal and he makes midfielders' decisions for them a lot of the time with his runs. He was also an exceptional player with the ball at his feet, his ability to create a yard of space in a tight area in which to get a shot away is uncanny and he's profited so much from it.

It's not realistic to compare Giroud to him though, it's insulting when the media say that he suffers from not being RvP as though we were expecting a 30-goal return or something. van Persie is an exceptional striker who was able to carry a poor team and a shocking formation, Giroud is nowhere near his quality but also doesn't have the right attributes to play that role. Aerial balls into the box he's lethal, something we haven't had for a long time. Find a fucking system that suits our players.

I will say that there were games last year when we managed to be so awful all over the park that we made RvP look exceptionally mediocre, like Spurs away he barely had a touch.

I'm happy with how Giroud has done. That's not to say I'm happy with the fact that he is our main striker, or that he is basically the extent of our striking options, but I can't criticise him for that.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:I do agree that to an extent the 'service' can be as good as you make it: van Persie's movement is unreal and he makes midfielders' decisions for them a lot of the time with his runs. He was also an exceptional player with the ball at his feet, his ability to create a yard of space in a tight area in which to get a shot away is uncanny and he's profited so much from it.

It's not realistic to compare Giroud to him though, it's insulting when the media say that he suffers from not being RvP as though we were expecting a 30-goal return or something. van Persie is an exceptional striker who was able to carry a poor team and a shocking formation, Giroud is nowhere near his quality but also doesn't have the right attributes to play that role. Aerial balls into the box he's lethal, something we haven't had for a long time. Find a fucking system that suits our players.

I will say that there were games last year when we managed to be so awful all over the park that we made RvP look exceptionally mediocre, like Spurs away he barely had a touch.

I'm happy with how Giroud has done. That's not to say I'm happy with the fact that he is our main striker, or that he is basically the extent of our striking options, but I can't criticise him for that.
Mate - we all know its not his fault that he's not RvP....it's the fault of the owners and managers who thrive off ripping off our fans and lining up substandard shit like Giroud and declaring how 'super quality' he is.

Its not Park's fault that he isn't Henry. It's not Gervinho's fault that he isn't Pires. It's not Ramsey's fault that he's not Fabregas. It's not Chamakh's fault that he isn't Bergkamp. But they all got/get criticised to high heaven - why should this bloke be exempt?

Just don't try and convince me that Giroud is any better than Kevin Davies.....because he isn't.

augie

Post by augie »

Was thinking earlier that I would record the game on Football Choice on sky later on but I dont think that I will bother now :( I know that it is a midweek game and that but for me a shocking indictment of how pissed off we all are, is how few pages are on the match threads on here lately = in the past the match threads would have been a lot longer and even though many of those pages included some angry rants, at least it showed some passion and fight where as these days it seems that there is an air of resignation amongst Gooners :(

I know that I am repeating myself here but fcuk me we have some woeful wankers amongst our away support :roll: Isnt it really predictable that our fans would cower like little sheep again tonight and sing about their love of our manager after the backlash from the c**t at the weekend ? Fcuking embarassing you bunch of :censored: :oops: :oops: :cussing:

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

augie wrote:Was thinking earlier that I would record the game on Football Choice on sky later on but I dont think that I will bother now :( I know that it is a midweek game and that but for me a shocking indictment of how pissed off we all are, is how few pages are on the match threads on here lately = in the past the match threads would have been a lot longer and even though many of those pages included some angry rants, at least it showed some passion and fight where as these days it seems that there is an air of resignation amongst Gooners :(

I know that I am repeating myself here but fcuk me we have some woeful wankers amongst our away support :roll: Isnt it really predictable that our fans would cower like little sheep again tonight and sing about their love of our manager after the backlash from the c**t at the weekend ? Fcuking embarassing you bunch of :censored: :oops: :oops: :cussing:

this is quite simply why i refuse to sing either against or for wenger, as soon as we're winning you know it will come, its predictable as fuck but also as predictable as fuck is if we're losing we're gonna get we want our arsenal back etc etc its as i said on saturday if we want our arsenal back sing it for the 90 not just when we're doin shit and lettin it slide when we're winnin

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:I do agree that to an extent the 'service' can be as good as you make it: van Persie's movement is unreal and he makes midfielders' decisions for them a lot of the time with his runs. He was also an exceptional player with the ball at his feet, his ability to create a yard of space in a tight area in which to get a shot away is uncanny and he's profited so much from it.

Mate - we all know its not his fault that he's not RvP....it's the fault of the owners and managers who thrive off ripping off our fans and lining up substandard shit like Giroud and declaring how 'super quality' he is.

Its not Park's fault that he isn't Henry. It's not Gervinho's fault that he isn't Pires. It's not Ramsey's fault that he's not Fabregas. It's not Chamakh's fault that he isn't Bergkamp. But they all got/get criticised to high heaven - why should this bloke be exempt?

Just don't try and convince me that Giroud is any better than Kevin Davies.....because he isn't.
I think that's a bit harsh. As much as anything else his whole game doesn't depend on fouling people. KD's cameo vs Montenegro showed that if referees in the PL were up to scratch he would never have carved out a career in top-flight football.

The difference is Giroud actually has something to offer the side. Although this in itself is a disgrace, he's one of our key players. Gervinho and Ramsey are fucking useless and we're a far worse outfit when they play, and Chamakh has basically outwardly stated he'd rather sit on the bench because of the pay packet then play football elsewhere. The bloke declared that he had "burned out" in February of his first season, what does that say about his mindset?

People probably are too effusive in their praise of Giroud. For me personally it's because I desperately want him to succeed, because I really like him as a player, but I think more than anything because how he fares is so important to us this season. I know people might grumble about the club all the time, but I don't think anybody (one or two exceptions perhaps) would actually rather see us losing games and not scoring any goals at all and that's why people are being particularly optimistic about him.

Plus he is fucking handsome. Just saying.

Post by 1989 »

Absolute shite performance.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:Was thinking earlier that I would record the game on Football Choice on sky later on but I dont think that I will bother now :( I know that it is a midweek game and that but for me a shocking indictment of how pissed off we all are, is how few pages are on the match threads on here lately = in the past the match threads would have been a lot longer and even though many of those pages included some angry rants, at least it showed some passion and fight where as these days it seems that there is an air of resignation amongst Gooners :(

Augie - I won't criticise our away fans for going up there to watch this present sorry shambles of a team on a cold Weds night. I used to go through the whole thing - taking time off work, spending money left, right and centre on tickets and trains etc. I think all it proves that there is still a massive majority of fans that want Wenger in the job. I'm a complete part-timer these days, almost a non-timer, but on the rare occasions I go to the Bowl its mostly AKBs like my old man and a hardcore bunch of 30,000+ ST holders that love the bloke to bits. Some of those fans must be present at away games too - I can't believe many fans ONLY go to away games.

The Wenger Out Brigade is less than 20% of the fanbase and the 80% will always come out in defence of their man especially if there's been a bit of negative press.

I am telling you here and now that unless Kroenke sells out before next Summer (and he won't because the market isn't right and neither are the normalised earnings just yet), Arsene Wenger will sign a contract extension beyond 2014. I'm not winding anyone up either; I think its absolutely inevitable. He makes the owner money, the board and Chairman love him, and 80% of the fans are onside. Its why I laugh when I read on here before the next 'big game' that today could be a 'turning point' or 'a catalyst for change'. If you can lose 8-2 at OT, throw away a 4 goal lead and celebrate 'success' as qualifying for the last 16 of a competition where you become the first team in its history not to register a shot of any kind....and still have the backing of your employers and the fans, why would it suddenly change on the back of the latest inept 1-1 draw with a mid-table bunch of also rans.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:
Mrs SteveO thinks so too :wink:

Now if she was talking about the Great Abou.......

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
Mrs SteveO thinks so too :wink:

Now if she was talking about the Great Abou.......
No point in even thinking about it, no way could Diaby make it through intercourse unharmed. There are far too many potential injuries that could be incurred for such a brittle man.

Best he could do would be a sub-on sub-off job a la Anfield last year. Might work well in tandem with Kolo to give the fat bastard a break while he wheezes in the shower.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Didnt see the game, expected us to lose.

Fact is Wenger will be very happy tonight. As I said on here only last week, Everton and WBA are both ahead of us, we seen tonight neither are really serious contenders for 4th place. Neither are consistent. Spurs are Spurs, and its hard to expect them to finish ahead of us. Chelsea now under Benitez will probably go into free fall once again. Newcastle will be bottom half.

Its 4th/3rd for us, the league this year is absolutely pathetic, the last 5 matches I've seen have been utter rubbish.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Poor performance again, that worries me! Another fuck up For the goal, had we ground out a one nil we would all be very happy as Everton away is no banker.

Happy with a point as I expected us to lose, the good thing is that we are playing shit and can only get stronger! Can't we? :lol:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Should have been a red prior to their goal but Toffee's should have had a pen so point is fair result. It would be a good point normally but it leaves us 11 points off the top which is depressing.

I suppose it only matters how close we are to the 4th place trophy. :banghead:

It seems Arsene has settled on his formation as it's good enough to secure 4th, no more, no less. Shame it's dull as ditchwater to watch.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Thought the point was fair result forboth teams.

Our midfield was dodgy bar Jack in periods. Olivier didn't get into the game really and why does AW keep bringing that d**khead Gervinho when we
A.Need someone to hold the ball
B. Need to get a goal.

He is incapable of doing either at the moment. He should never have let Jagileka catch up to him and be in position to tackle him.

As far as Everton are concerned, there is no way vibrating phone lover should be getting into the England team ahead of Baines. He was excellent today. J|ust a shame he picked up a hamstring injury as he woild have torn Walker a new one when they paly the swamp dwellers in a couple of weeks.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

SteveO 35 wrote: Also it was a bit hard for Pod to get a cross to him on the basis that he wasn't playing
that was partly my point yeh.

pod has got 5 goals and 5 assists in the PL.

Giroud needs crosses.

RvP was a totally different kind of centre forward, more like Bergkamp or TH14 - ie crap in the air and not a fox in the box like Giroud or Alan Smith.

RvP needed it to feet, Giroud needs it in the air or ahead of him to run on to, like smith, shearer or lineker, or klinnsman, Ian Rush , Voeller, Papin or Batitusta.

all great finishers, and great in the air. all had teams that played to them not round them. :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Got to the stage where I now no longer follow the games on stream or watch highlights on Football First. I can also barely be bothered to watch MOTD. Also, iIf it's not the commentary game on 5Live, I won't listen to the radio or watch SSN beyond the occasional update. I just can't stand watching the same old, uninspiring shite that just makes me even more angrier, and ends with shouting obscenities at the television and then inadvertently taking out my football-induced bad mood out on other innocents.

In the past I'd spend days fretting over the forthcoming game; and if I wasn't in attendance, would do literally anything to make sure I watched the match or kept up to date with the score - including missing and even walking out of important celebrations or social occasions!! :oops: Tonight I'm a little disappointed but not at all surprised at the result but because of not having had to sit through it, am also a lot more chilled - and it's nothing to do with the Jack Daniels and Skunk!!
(Okay, it may have a little bit to do with that. :wink: ) :lol: :lol: :wink: