Arsene Wenger - What Stage Are You At?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What Stage Are You At?

1. He's the best manager around, look at what he's achieved, he's got a job for life.
7%
2. We may have slipped a bit but he's still doing a good job with the resources he's got, he'll turn it round in time.
3%
3. We're not doing well enough but given what he's done for the club and the circumstances I'm willing to give him another year.
7%
4. I've still got respect for the man for what he's done but it's time he went quietly.
30%
5. He needs to go at all costs, he's an embarrassment, ruining the legacy he worked so hard to create and more importantly poisoning the club.
53%

Total votes: 30

SteveO 35

Re: What Stage Are You At?

Post by SteveO 35 »

The other point I would add is that I use to cut him more slack for the fact we genuinely played entertaining football

I'm sat here watching a 0-0 between Swansea and Liverpool, entertained considerably more than in the vast majority of our recent games

Football where you narrowly miss out on trophies but win, lose or draw produce something exciting has some merit. Losing football where the style is slow, indirect and dire as a spectacle is something that I remember well from 1994/95 and will utlimately alienate the entire fan base

He has to go, and it has to happen soon before more permanent damage is done

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Arsene Wenger - What Stage Are You At?

Post by franksav63 »

I'm a 5 now, was a 4 probably before the Newcastle 4-4, that one result probably sent me from a 4 to 5.

Edit... just re-read the above.. sorry about all the 4's in the above, seems to be a trait of Wenger's last 4 or so seasons..
Last edited by franksav63 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I'm at 4 and 5 at the same time.

augie

Post by augie »

Is there an option 6 ? :wink:

Seriously the guy needs to fcuk off and soon before I turn my back altogether and stop attending the matches and not watching them on tv :evil: I'm bringing up my two boys as 100% Gooners and this c**t is making my job nearly impossible :evil: People have slated me and suggest that I am wrong for bringing them up this way and that kids should be allowed make up their own minds but that is not the way it is meant to work imo and I can say with absolute certainty that if I was not insistant then they would have fcuked off and started supporting someone else by now :cry:

Right now I am not sure I give a fcuk how we get rid of him - if he resigns, if he is sacked or if a columbian hitman does the job for me I wont care as long as it gives my club a chance to change the mindset of everyone and allow us to move forward again. Christ at this stage I am sooooo angry I cant even put a sentence together to transmit the depth of my hatred

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:Is there an option 6 ? :wink:

Seriously the guy needs to fcuk off and soon before I turn my back altogether and stop attending the matches and not watching them on tv :evil: I'm bringing up my two boys as 100% Gooners and this c**t is making my job nearly impossible :evil: People have slated me and suggest that I am wrong for bringing them up this way and that kids should be allowed make up their own minds but that is not the way it is meant to work imo and I can say with absolute certainty that if I was not insistant then they would have fcuked off and started supporting someone else by now :cry:

Right now I am not sure I give a fcuk how we get rid of him - if he resigns, if he is sacked or if a columbian hitman does the job for me I wont care as long as it gives my club a chance to change the mindset of everyone and allow us to move forward again. Christ at this stage I am sooooo angry I cant even put a sentence together to transmit the depth of my hatred
Yeah, you can - we got the message load and clear, mate :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Ive been at Stage 5 for a while now.I long for the day the c unt fucks off out of our club.

burg hohenzollern

Post by burg hohenzollern »

5 just. Statements over the past 12 - 18 months have moved me from 4 to 5.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I'm definitely a 5, not sure when I was pushed exactly but I think I've just drifted to 5 from watching the same shit week after week, season after season. 8-2 and 4-4 probably didn't help much. I'd say I moved from a 3 to a 4 after our collapse in 2008, and then letting the only squad we've had since leaving Highbury capable of winning something break up so easily and so willingly.

When I typed the original post stage 5 wasn't meant to signify that you don't respect any of his achievements or his past work, or what he did for the club. It was more meant to imply that despite whatever respect you might have it's completely outweighed by his failures.

Wenger gave AFC some of their best years in the first half of his reign, and the two doubles, the Invincibles and even the crushing pain of the European Cup final defeat means I have significant gratitude and respect for what he did.

But he's a shell of the coach he was then, the game has gone one way and he's gone the other. I can't say I respect the Arsene Wenger who lies to the fans, puts profits ahead of trophies, makes the same errors season after season and behaves like a petulant child who doesn't think he has to account to anybody.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

5. I want the buffoon gone more than anything else in this world. The day we get shot of him will mean as much to me as any league title win. I will be absolutely elated.

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Torn between 3 and 4. The club runs at an operating loss and Wenger turns it into a profit with player transfers. The problem is a lot deeper than Wenger alone.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:5. I want the buffoon gone more than anything else in this world. The day we get shot of him will mean as much to me as any league title win. I will be absolutely elated.

Can we organise a party/piss up for the weekend that he is finally sacked/removed as manager ? I would be def be up for travelling over for it and I would guess that sid would sell his house to fund a trip over to that ? :lol: Maybe we could go the whole hog and hire the rocket and get the Away Boyz to play at the party ? :wink: :lol: :lol: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:5. I want the buffoon gone more than anything else in this world. The day we get shot of him will mean as much to me as any league title win. I will be absolutely elated.

Can we organise a party/piss up for the weekend that he is finally sacked/removed as manager ? I would be def be up for travelling over for it and I would guess that sid would sell his house to fund a trip over to that ? :lol: Maybe we could go the whole hog and hire the rocket and get the Away Boyz to play at the party ? :wink: :lol: :lol: :barscarf:
I'm already organising a big Summer BBQ and piss up at mine for next year when his contract extension is officially announced on the back of a 1-1 draw which sees us secure the Virtual Trophy at St James's Park.

I would like everyone to play a part in making the occasion as authentic modern-day Arsenal as you can get. I will be cooking the food in mass batches and leaving it to go cold on a counter behind the BBQ. Warm diluted piss will also be available all day at £3.50 a shot. If warm lager's not your thing then I will be stocking a wide range of 'very good spirit'. I will supply blankets for anyone wishing to sit on the grass and will have Fever Pitch playing on the flatscreen. For those of you who want to secure a seat for the occasion I will need you to book it two months in advance and pay me £62 as it will be a Category A BBQ.

Augie - you are responsible for the Arsenalisation of my garden. Can you please put together a cringeworthy banner worthy of the occasion. Something like "money can't buy class" will do

Rodders - is to provide the musical backdrop with sounds of the Away Boyz and choruses of There's Only One Arsene Wenger to keep everybody motivated all day long.

Highbury JD will be the doorman for the day, checking birth certificates ensuring all attendees are authentic Islington born and checking everyone's ID to ensure a minimum of 15 away match passport stamps are in place

Everyone is welcome as long as they play their part

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Arsene Wenger - For/Against/Indifferent?

Post by augie »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:

I'm already organising a big Summer BBQ and piss up at mine for next year when his contract extension is officially announced on the back of a 1-1 draw which sees us secure the Virtual Trophy at St James's Park.

I would like everyone to play a part in making the occasion as authentic modern-day Arsenal as you can get. I will be cooking the food in mass batches and leaving it to go cold on a counter behind the BBQ. Warm diluted piss will also be available all day at £3.50 a shot. If warm lager's not your thing then I will be stocking a wide range of 'very good spirit'. I will supply blankets for anyone wishing to sit on the grass and will have Fever Pitch playing on the flatscreen. For those of you who want to secure a seat for the occasion I will need you to book it two months in advance and pay me £62 as it will be a Category A BBQ.

Augie - you are responsible for the Arsenalisation of my garden. Can you please put together a cringeworthy banner worthy of the occasion. Something like "money can't buy class" will do

Rodders - is to provide the musical backdrop with sounds of the Away Boyz and choruses of There's Only One Arsene Wenger to keep everybody motivated all day long.

Highbury JD will be the doorman for the day, checking birth certificates ensuring all attendees are authentic Islington born and checking everyone's ID to ensure a minimum of 15 away match passport stamps are in place

Everyone is welcome as long as they play their part

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We could get Red Member to organise the drink...