Arsene Wenger - What Stage Are You At?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What Stage Are You At?

1. He's the best manager around, look at what he's achieved, he's got a job for life.
7%
2. We may have slipped a bit but he's still doing a good job with the resources he's got, he'll turn it round in time.
3%
3. We're not doing well enough but given what he's done for the club and the circumstances I'm willing to give him another year.
7%
4. I've still got respect for the man for what he's done but it's time he went quietly.
30%
5. He needs to go at all costs, he's an embarrassment, ruining the legacy he worked so hard to create and more importantly poisoning the club.
53%

Total votes: 30

rodders999

Re: What Stage Are You At?

Post by rodders999 »

Quality SteveO :lol:

I hope you can forgive my non attendance at your little shindig. You see if the day ever comes where he's given a contract extension I'm going getting myself sectioned. It actually sends a shiver down my spine at the prospect of it. May 2014 is all that's keeping me going at the minute, if that can gets kicked down the road to 2017 I'm dead man walking.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

rodders999 wrote:Quality SteveO :lol:

I hope you can forgive my non attendance at your little shindig. You see if the day ever comes where he's given a contract extension I'm going getting myself sectioned. It actually sends a shiver down my spine at the prospect of it. May 2014 is all that's keeping me going at the minute, if that can gets kicked down the road to 2017 I'm dead man walking.

Should we put you in Cusamnos RIP thread in the basement now or just wait :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Should we put you in Cusamnos RIP thread in the basement now or just wait :wink:
Sorry McDowell I forgot your role. We need a man to walk around spreading rumours of players we'll never sign on the day of the BBQ. Get Sammy and his mate from the pub to help you if you need :D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

:lol: :lol:

Nice one, Steveo - but as a non-Islngton born glory supporter, I'd be turned away by JD at the door :(

Word of warning though, I'd watch out for that arrogant french chef who always does the cooking at these events. He used to be a 3 michelin star chef, serving caviar as his signature dish, but now serves under cooked sausages on stale bread.

I wouldn't bother questioning the quality of his cooking though - he'll look down his nose at you and say "I have cooked for 30 years at the top level and I have to convince you I can cook a hot dog? - how many meals have you cooked?.... blah, blah, blah... :blah: :blah:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Hold tough a while. Personally, I can't see any way in the world he will be here after his contract is done in 2014.It's only SteveO putting this poison in my mind about an extension till 2017 that is unsettling me slightly. Must go all red member on him and stop reading his posts :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Im with stevo rumours are hes already in negoiations to extend the contract :wink:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And you'll need Sammy to wander around telling everyone to sit down and ejecting Augie and Sid for their language.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Im with stevo rumours are hes already in negoiations to extend the contract :wink:
Well as long as that's as accurate as all the rest of your rumours, hearing that has actually cheered me up no end :barscarf:

:wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Chippy wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

And you'll need Sammy to wander around telling everyone to sit down and ejecting Augie and Sid for their language.

And maybe Baba for PR :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

5. :twisted:

mcdowell42

Arsene Wenger - For/Against/Indifferent?

Post by mcdowell42 »

rodders999 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Im with stevo rumours are hes already in negoiations to extend the contract :wink:
Well as long as that's as accurate as all the rest of your rumours, hearing that has actually cheered me up no end :barscarf:

:wink:

You will be sorry when you see your name in the RIP THREAD :)

Clash

Post by Clash »

F I V E !!!

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Chippy wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Never done that
Never will do that
And.......language is fine from Augie, but Sid is a different proposition

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I shall also be hiring the miserable old *word censored* from over the road to sneer at everybody when they arrive. He's Chairman of the neighbourhood watch so will meet and greet you, telling you all what an ungrateful bunch of arseholes you are as you part with your £62 at the door, especially if as g88ner suggests you dare to criticise the bloke that has been cooking BBQs for 30 years

Planning this event is becoming quite time consuming and expensive so I will require some willing assistants both in advance and on the day. In advance I will need a small group of trusted friends to research meat products extensively in the Ivory Coast, backwaters of France, Mexico, Costa Rica and South Korea, before returning with some 'super quality' products that I can use on the day. I appreciate some people might only be able to spare a few hours, but I do have a role for a couple of close, trustworthy friends to basically sit next to me all day, nodding their heads in agreement at everything I do, and perhaps standing in for me for a couple of hours if I need to disappear upstairs after a bit of a tantrum

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

armchair supporter wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:..which of the 5 generally accepted positions on Arsene Wenger applies to you?
Its a difficult one because I still respect him for what he's acceived and I think I'll always respect him for the amazing times we had under him (no. 4) but at the same time think he needs to go right now at all costs (no. 5). :rubchin:

Was precisely my quandry, my admiration and gratitude has slowly ebbed away to the point now where, I can't stand our manager, can't listen to his excuses for poor displays and lack of effort against teams that we think we don't need to turn up and fight against.

voted 5.

Even in George's darkest hour I didn't feel this way about him.