SWANSEA FA CUP REPLAY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: SWANSEA FA CUP

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Hope to be watching from the Villa in Bali where family Herd will be taking a well earned break !

Havent a Scooby.
You could have just ended it there, mate. :lol: :wink:

Not using the luxury penthouse apartment in the Burj Khalifa, no? :o

:wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I would never chose to Holiday in Dubai it's business only for me there DB 10.
I'm actually borrowing a mates place whilst he is in the UK and Denmark !
340 quid return airfare for all 3 of us ,cant beat it !
Haven't been to Bali since 1995 ,was put off after knowing some people from the Singapore cricket club
who lost their life or who are mentally scarred after the bombing in 2002.

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

No lose scenario. Win and we are in the next round, lose and the pile of poo dumped on Wenger (along with the sight of a half empty stadium) will be immense and be another nail in his Arsenal coffin.

Thus do not care what happens re: the result. Even a good win here will not save us from the big beating that is coming our way this Sunday.

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

not feeling confident at all for tomorrow :(

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A dallying Gus Caesar wrote:No lose scenario. Win and we are in the next round, lose and the pile of poo dumped on Wenger (along with the sight of a half empty stadium) will be immense and be another nail in his Arsenal coffin.

Thus do not care what happens re: the result. Even a good win here will not save us from the big beating that is coming our way this Sunday.
I sincerely hope its the former as I think I will blow a gasket if I hear him saying "top players do not ask did you win the FA Cup. They ask do you play in the Champions League"

No they fucking don't. They ask "have you got a chance of winning the Champions League or the Premier League". Thats why all of our top players leave and no new ones join. In the meantime go and win the FA Cup and give us all something to cheer about Wenger if only for a day

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Im with stevo on this,our best and only chance of a trophy(a real 1 not a make believe 1)id expect the strongest team he can play barring any injuries,none of this some players are jaded bullshit excuse,i couldnt give a fuck about the chelsea game,couldnt give a fuck if we dont qualify for the CL,16 seasons in it and have 1 final and 1 semi final in tht time an absolute disgraceful record.We dont buy top players so tht crap about needing CL football to attract them is pure PR bullshit.The club want us in it for the money and money alone which then goes into a black hole in some bank never to be used.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If we blow this, it'll be the end of our season. :( :banghead: :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: I can easily see how it might go to Penalties. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: and if so.....:suicide:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:If we blow this, it'll be the end of our season. :( :banghead: :cussing:
Agreed....that's it for me. I'll watch the Bayern game and will be up for it nearer the time, but it will be all in hope rather than expectation and also with the knowledge that at some stage we'll play a team who we have no chance against. In the FA Cup I'll always hold out the hope that the big clubs knock each other out and leave us with a genuine chance of winning it

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:If we blow this, it'll be the end of our season. :( :banghead: :cussing:
Agreed....that's it for me. I'll watch the Bayern game and will be up for it nearer the time, but it will be all in hope rather than expectation and also with the knowledge that at some stage we'll play a team who we have no chance against. In the FA Cup I'll always hold out the hope that the big clubs knock each other out and leave us with a genuine chance of winning it
our best chance was in the carling cup this season we just had the chavs left and we couldnt even get past bradford :banghead: :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10_TH14 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
our best chance was in the carling cup this season we just had the chavs left and we couldnt even get past bradford :banghead: :banghead:
Yep, I was gutted by that result....but this is all there is left to play for

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

hope we come out all guns blazin, playing at a high tempo and pressing high up the field. so many times this season we're so lethargic in the first half, or it takes the other team scoring to get us going :banghead: :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10_TH14 wrote:hope we come out all guns blazin, playing at a high tempo and pressing high up the field. so many times this season we're so lethargic in the first half, or it takes the other team scoring to get us going :banghead: :banghead:
I've never seen so many boring first halves of matches as this season. In the first game down at their place we were asleep until they went 1-0 up and then all of a sudden they barely got out of their half for 30 minutes. The team prove in patches that they are capable of playing successfully at a high tempo which makes it fucking frustrating watching the tedious, slow sideways passing without a shot on goal that seems to be the pattern of the first 45 mins

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10_TH14 wrote:hope we come out all guns blazin, playing at a high tempo and pressing high up the field. so many times this season we're so lethargic in the first half, or it takes the other team scoring to get us going :banghead: :banghead:
I've never seen so many boring first halves of matches as this season. In the first game down at their place we were asleep until they went 1-0 up and then all of a sudden they barely got out of their half for 30 minutes. The team prove in patches that they are capable of playing successfully at a high tempo which makes it fucking frustrating watching the tedious, slow sideways passing without a shot on goal that seems to be the pattern of the first 45 mins
whats even worse is that when we take the lead you know a few minutes of pressure and we're gonna crumble :banghead: now of days not only do we have no backbone and a manager who has lost the plot the football we play is utter dross :banghead: :banghead: we'll win the cup though :banner:

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Decided,just like alcohol,will abstain from my major love/nemesis during January. Pathetic little protest I know but won't be there tomorrow like last Sunday....but then they've had my money already! Doh ! Idiot :cussing: i am
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: