Scousers match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MK Gould

Re: Scousers match thread

Post by MK Gould »

I see that Liverpool plan to be the latest set of fans to use a game at the Grove to protest about ticket prices.... Hope they do the same when they visit other similarly highly priced London clubs or it will start to feel like we're being bullied :roll: !

Hope they offer their leaflets to us gooners as I will happily take one, especially given that 3 of our 7 home games at the start of 2013 are category A..... :evil: !

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I hate these bastards with every bone in my body......come on the Gunners, ensure the Mickeys have more misery. We must only be one or two more defeats away from chants of "Dalglish" from the 'best supporters in the country'

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

we are shit, but liverpool manages to be worse. 3-2 to The Arsenal :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

7-4 to Arsenal .......... :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:I hate these bastards with every bone in my body......come on the Gunners, ensure the Mickeys have more misery. We must only be one or two more defeats away from chants of "Dalglish" from the 'best supporters in the country'
:high5:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

"no other club would suffer the abuse Liverpool got from the media after Oldham, average age of Liverpool only 22 at Oldham , excuses would be made in media for any other club" That comment came from a true and intelligent Liverpool fan. What hope for the plastic majority of true reds. Within 30 seconds (well maybe minutes) of the full time whistle on Sunday one such plastic ,well known to me had "Super Leeds for the Cup now" on facebook.
I hate losing this game more than the NLD or Yoonited or Chavs.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Bradywasking wrote:"no other club would suffer the abuse Liverpool got from the media after Oldham, average age of Liverpool only 22 at Oldham , excuses would be made in media for any other club" That comment came from a true and intelligent Liverpool fan. What hope for the plastic majority of true reds. Within 30 seconds (well maybe minutes) of the full time whistle on Sunday one such plastic ,well known to me had "Super Leeds for the Cup now" on facebook.
Absolutely crazy the extent to which the victim culture runs with them. Even their own manager didn't try and make excuses.

I'm not trying to justify Bradford for one minute but at least they were very well-organised and tried to play a bit of football, plus they didn't really look like scoring after they did. Watching Oldham was like watching a parks team, they were just lumping the ball 70 yards every time they got it and their defence parted like the Red Sea every time Suarez got on the ball. Had Liverpool had one other player of any sort of quality going forward they'd have hammered Oldham, even though Oldham could have gone 4-1 up on a few occasions.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Scousers match thread? Probably be something made from a mix of cellulose triacetate and polyester. :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Bradywasking wrote:"no other club would suffer the abuse Liverpool got from the media after Oldham, average age of Liverpool only 22 at Oldham , excuses would be made in media for any other club" That comment came from a true and intelligent Liverpool fan. What hope for the plastic majority of true reds. Within 30 seconds (well maybe minutes) of the full time whistle on Sunday one such plastic ,well known to me had "Super Leeds for the Cup now" on facebook.
One of my favourite hobbies is browsing RAWK after liverpool lose and, no word of a lie, there was a bloke on there who blamed the referee for Oldham. :lol:

clockend90

Post by clockend90 »

2 nil AFC

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

LDB wrote:
One of my favourite hobbies is browsing RAWK after liverpool lose and, no word of a lie, there was a bloke on there who blamed the referee for Oldham. :lol:
of course it was the refs fault when is it ever liverpools fault :roll:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Calm down, calm down. Much as as I love taking the piss out of our scouse chums, :roll: I am worried about tomorrow. As said by a few above it really depends on which of the 2 teams turn up.

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

LDB above mentioned RAWK and I like to look at other teams forum too at times. Interesting I think to see how others view our team at times and their thread, http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=302520.0 which is effectively the equivalent thread to the one in which I now post, is worth a view fo the OP I think and how he feels the game might go and what our strengths are etc.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Steve_I wrote:LDB above mentioned RAWK and I like to look at other teams forum too at times. Interesting I think to see how others view our team at times and their thread, http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=302520.0 which is effectively the equivalent thread to the one in which I now post, is worth a view fo the OP I think and how he feels the game might go and what our strengths are etc.
Liverpool fans are hardly renowned for their realism when assessing their own team and the OP lives up to it.

Sure, Liverpool could well turn us over. But picking out some of the points he's made:

- They have a better squad of players than we do.
- Joe Allen is class.
- They might be able to dominate us to the extent that Chelsea did in the first 45 minutes.
- Sahin was the primary reason we pissed all over them at their place.
- They're not in a bad position.

I'm sorry but their mid-term future is fucking hopeless as all they can sign is shit players, we rolled over each and every one of their players at Anfield and not just Sahin, Suarez is the only really quality player in their squad now, Joe Allen is just another average player that Swansea have shown to be entirely replaceable, and they are nowhere near good enough to suppress us at our place like Chelsea did at the Bridge.

He also thinks we're CL contenders.

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

northbank123 wrote:
Steve_I wrote:LDB above mentioned RAWK and I like to look at other teams forum too at times. Interesting I think to see how others view our team at times and their thread, http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=302520.0 which is effectively the equivalent thread to the one in which I now post, is worth a view fo the OP I think and how he feels the game might go and what our strengths are etc.
Liverpool fans are hardly renowned for their realism when assessing their own team and the OP lives up to it.

Sure, Liverpool could well turn us over. But picking out some of the points he's made:

- They have a better squad of players than we do.
- Joe Allen is class.
- They might be able to dominate us to the extent that Chelsea did in the first 45 minutes.
- Sahin was the primary reason we pissed all over them at their place.
- They're not in a bad position.

I'm sorry but their mid-term future is fucking hopeless as all they can sign is shit players, we rolled over each and every one of their players at Anfield and not just Sahin, Suarez is the only really quality player in their squad now, Joe Allen is just another average player that Swansea have shown to be entirely replaceable, and they are nowhere near good enough to suppress us at our place like Chelsea did at the Bridge.

He also thinks we're CL contenders.

:) Much as I was thinking to be honest NB123. To be fair there is the odd view further down that tend to disagree with him, but I think it's interesting to see what folk view from the outside in.