Munich away match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

How many goals will we lose by. EG if you think we will lose 6-2 vote 4.

15%
10%
31%
26%
5%
5%
7+
8%

Total votes: 39

falkirk goon

Re: Munich away match thread

Post by falkirk goon »

This will be a proper brownholing :oops: id guess 3 or 4-0

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

MK Gould wrote: But for those of us who are going to Munich we at least already know that our enjoyment is unlikely to come from the pitch....so looking forward very much to a good sing song and banter in the beer kellers etc and a great atmosphere in one of the best stadiums in Europe. And if an absolute miracle does happen, then the chance of saying "we were there".
This.

Let's sing our hearts out, no matter what the score may be. With -what?- 4000+ travelling gooners in full voice this place will surely be ours anyway! :barscarf:

Jago

Post by Jago »

united are out. WE CARRY THE DREAMS OF A NATION TO GERMANY!!!
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Jago wrote:united are out. WE CARRY THE DREAMS OF A NATION TO GERMANY!!!
:lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jago wrote:united are out. WE CARRY THE DREAMS OF A NATION TO GERMANY!!!

:high5: :lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: THat's the spirit, I just hope our manager isn't too distraught to talk to the media after the game! :wink:

I still Exiled-Gooner

Post by I still Exiled-Gooner »

I be watching through beer goggles and hope the result isn't too embarrassing for us.

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

I am still waiting for someone to come on and say 'If we can just get the first goal!'

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

A dallying Gus Caesar wrote:I am still waiting for someone to come on and say 'If we can just get the first goal!'
If we can just get the first goal, then another one, then another one after that, and stop them scoring, then score another one or two if they do score, then we have a chance 8)

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Hope is the footy fan's crack cocaine. If we do get the first goal, all logic will go out of the window and we will start to hope, only to be cruelly let down. :(

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Tempted not to watch this one, but I will, in (likely vain) hopes of the miraculous.

However, as fans, it's that blind faith and unrelenting loyalty that occasionally rewards with the most memorable evenings of football. Never know!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

If we win each half 2-1 then we'll go through on away goals.... When viewed that way our task doesn't seem anywhere near so tough :roll: !

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

MK Gould wrote:If we win each half 2-1 then we'll go through on away goals.... When viewed that way our task doesn't seem anywhere near so tough :roll: !
8)

Yes - we can do it!! :barscarf: :barscarf: Also I think the pig botherer is suspended, so that might make things a little easier! 8) :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
MK Gould wrote:If we win each half 2-1 then we'll go through on away goals.... When viewed that way our task doesn't seem anywhere near so tough :roll: !
8)

Yes - we can do it!! :barscarf: :barscarf: Also I think the pig botherer is suspended, so that might make things a little easier! 8) :lol: :wink:
How does Rebel being suspended make things easier? :roll: :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

:lol: :lol:

Well if he is suspended, he is less likely to get in the way of people!! :-P :lol: :lol: :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:
8)

How does Rebel being suspended make things easier? :roll: :wink:
:lol:

Cos Rebel tend to slow down the play and moves more laterally than advancing forward. He also fails to track his runners and passes up opportunities to shoot, leaving the responsibility with others. :twisted:

That's why... :roll: :banghead: :twisted: :lol: :wink: