Norwich next

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Norwich next

Post by Chippy »

On our way to the 3rd place trophy! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Big_G

Re: Norwich next

Post by Big_G »

going to this one!! hoping its not as dramatic as last seasons game :x

Predicting a 3-1 :barscarf: :barscarf:

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

You know we're only 6 pts away from City.

Just saying. Maybe we may actually finish above 3rd for the fist time in 8 years.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Norwich are not very good and they're playing pretty poorly, barring a mental collapse this should be pretty straightforward.

Just like last year... :lol:

Jago

Post by Jago »

Easy win. 3-1 8)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

6 wins in 7 league games :barscarf: - that's 18pts from 21 available 8)

Hmm... continue this through next season and we could be champions next May! :barscarf: :D :wink:

Jago

Post by Jago »

g88ner wrote:6 wins in 7 league games :barscarf: - that's 18pts from 21 available 8)

Hmm... continue this through next season and we could be champions next May! :barscarf: :D :wink:
Lol. We only find that kind of form when the top four is slipping away... :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Jago wrote:
g88ner wrote:6 wins in 7 league games :barscarf: - that's 18pts from 21 available 8)

Lol. We only find that kind of form when the top four is slipping away... :banghead:
True. We've been casual as you like for most of the season, yet as soon as the top 4 really looked in danger of slipping away, we start playing with a new found purpose; with more energy, focus, determination and discipline... same as last season :?

Why couldn't we play like this earlier in the season and against Blackburn in the FA Cup? - are winning virtual trophies more of a motivation than actual trophies? :? :oops:

Still, better late than never :barscarf:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

g88ner wrote:
Jago wrote:
g88ner wrote: Why couldn't we play like this earlier in the season and against Blackburn in the FA Cup?:
Because earlier in the season, we were playing proper sides (Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, etc)

The 6 games out of 7 that we've won have been against Stoke, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Swansea, Reading and WBA. Sure, we still had to get the job done - and we have - but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that this side has improved.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

VoiceOfReason wrote: Because earlier in the season, we were playing proper sides (Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, etc)

The 6 games out of 7 that we've won have been against Stoke, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Swansea, Reading and WBA. Sure, we still had to get the job done - and we have - but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that this side has improved.
Yeah, I think that's a fair point. The fixtures have definitely been kind recently, and the last 3 games we've dropped points in have been against Chavs, Liverpool and Sp*rs - so that backs up what you say.

I do think we've shown more grit, determination and discipline though - but we've got far more testing fixtures to come, so we'll soon find out how much we've improved.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

g88ner wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote: Because earlier in the season, we were playing proper sides (Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, etc)

Yeah, I think that's a fair point. The fixtures have definitely been kind recently, and the last 3 games we've dropped points in have been against Chavs, Liverpool and Sp*rs - so that backs up what you say.

I do think we've shown more grit, determination and discipline though - but we've got far more testing fixtures to come, so we'll soon find out how much we've improved.
Have been doing some further research and found that we've only won one game against a Top 6 side this season - that being the 5-2 win vs. 10-man Tottenham.

I'm guessing that we'll roll over Norwich and Fulham (maybe even Everton), and then inevitably fold against Man Utd at the end of the month. It'll be enough for a Top 4 finish though. In fact, it's ONLY our performances against the lower-placed sides in the division that keep us afloat.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

g88ner wrote:Yeah, I think that's a fair point. The fixtures have definitely been kind recently, and the last 3 games we've dropped points in have been against Chavs, Liverpool and Sp*rs - so that backs up what you say.
The sad irony is that if we'd been top of the league at the end of January, we never would've seen off these lower-positioned teams in the manner that we did. Just the Arsenal way I guess!

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Hopefully UTD will win the Prem before we play em, where we'll give them their customary 3 points.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Thought I'd come back. Hello all. Should win this (I hope!). Have a great evening all.
:barscarf:

Kieranp97

Post by Kieranp97 »

Yeah, Our form is good, and that makes me happy...

But we'll get smashed by Man Utd in a few weeks and were back to square one, Were not going to be the same team we were 8 years ago until that french f*ck nugget goes.

We could probably get a comfortable win against norwich but people thinking we could start being in competition for the league next season, with all due respect, are maybe being a bit optimistic.

Still, I've got belief we'll get a champions league spot.