WBA in the whatever its called cup

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rosie_titters

Re: WBA in the whatever its called cup

Post by Rosie_titters »

rodders999 wrote:
donaldo wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Could do with giving a rest to Giroud for this so come on down Barry Bender the price is right. Should see starts for the likes of Monreal, Arteta, Vermaelen, Miachi, Gbarby, Jenks and Vivano. We will have to risk one of Kos or the BFG to partner Verm due to lack of options I suppose. The most interesting thing about this game will be the team sheet I fear.
No way will Kos and Mert be within 200 miles of the Hawthorns.This is a rest the first 11 game.
Who will partner Vermaelen at CB so?

He might go for the under known quantiity in Issac Hayden, or might push Jenkinson in alongside Vermaelen and play the highly rated Bellerin at RB.. not good though, is it having 3 fit CB

all though i can't argue with letting Squallichi, leave, and sending Djourou and Miquel out on loan because they are both awful and will never have a career at the Arsenal.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

rodders999 wrote:
donaldo wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Could do with giving a rest to Giroud for this so come on down Barry Bender the price is right. Should see starts for the likes of Monreal, Arteta, Vermaelen, Miachi, Gbarby, Jenks and Vivano. We will have to risk one of Kos or the BFG to partner Verm due to lack of options I suppose. The most interesting thing about this game will be the team sheet I fear.
No way will Kos and Mert be within 200 miles of the Hawthorns.This is a rest the first 11 game.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36611

We love you Semi we do. Let me be the first....

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Move Jenko to CB and play Yennaris at RB.

It's easy all this manager lark :rubchin:

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

Chippy wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
donaldo wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36611

We love you Semi we do. Let me be the first....
So its not inconceivable that we may well have a semi on............. the pitch against WBA. :oops:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Most of the fun from these games come from trying to guess the lineup, here's mine:

Viviano

Jenkinson Vermaelen Boateng Monreal

Arteta Frimpong

Gnabry Eisfeld Miyachi

Bendtner

It's game like this that make you wonder why we let Coquelin go. It could well be Yennaris rather then Frimpong in the middle and I originally had Kos with vermaelen and I still think there's a chance he'll go for a strong central defence.

I don't hold out too much hope for this game, especially if west brom play a strong side. Too many of our league cup players have gone out on loan, it's either full team or kids for the most part.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

LDB wrote:Most of the fun from these games come from trying to guess the lineup, here's mine:

Viviano

Jenkinson Vermaelen Boateng Monreal

Arteta Frimpong

Gnabry Eisfeld Miyachi

Bendtner

It's game like this that make you wonder why we let Coquelin go. It could well be Yennaris rather then Frimpong in the middle and I originally had Kos with vermaelen and I still think there's a chance he'll go for a strong central defence.

I don't hold out too much hope for this game, especially if west brom play a strong side. Too many of our league cup players have gone out on loan, it's either full team or kids for the most part.
Yep, nice :barscarf:

Who gives a fuck?? :roll: :D :wink:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

With Sanogo, Afobe, Ansah (as far as I can tell) and Zelalem injured, Park AWOL, Aneke and Miquel on loan and Gnabry having played vs Stoke, this is my guess - a mix of first teamers recovering from injury, first teamers needing a run out, and youths:

--------------Viviano--------

Jenkinson - Hayden- Vermaelen - Monreal

----------Arteta---- Frimpong----

Miyaichi -----Iwobi --------Eisfeld

--------------Bendtner-------------

Bench: Fabianksi, Yennaris, Ajayi, Bellerin, Olsson, Hinds, Akpom.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

QuartzGooner wrote:...Park AWOL...
Pretty sure he's been allowed to "leave" us but if he is truly AWOL, we aught to contact the police over his disappearance. It's been three months now :lol: :wink:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

g88ner wrote:
Midz wrote:I'd play Jack in this match as he needs match time.
I think the exact opposite - he looks like a week off will do him the world of good. I'd be amazed if he plays against WBA - in fact, I'm certain he won't.
Wenger said that Jack won't play against West Brom.

"Jack played now five games. Normally I should have rested him today but he did fight very hard and he was a bit exhausted in the end and that's why I decided to take him off. Certainly I will not play Jack on Wednesday, we have to rotate the squad because we play again on Saturday and after that we have a massive home game in the Champions League. On Wednesday I will of course rotate the team."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... stoke-city

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

QuartzGooner wrote:With Sanogo, Afobe, Ansah (as far as I can tell) and Zelalem injured, Park AWOL, Aneke and Miquel on loan and Gnabry having played vs Stoke, this is my guess - a mix of first teamers recovering from injury, first teamers needing a run out, and youths:

--------------Viviano--------

Jenkinson - Hayden- Vermaelen - Monreal

----------Arteta---- Frimpong----

Miyaichi -----Iwobi --------Eisfeld

--------------Bendtner-------------

Bench: Fabianksi, Yennaris, Ajayi, Bellerin, Olsson, Hinds, Akpom.
I don't see why Gnabry won't play on wednesday, it's not like he should really need rest. Let the lad play and see if he can handle it.

Herd

Post by Herd »

The mouth watering prospect of seeing the re-habilitated Nicky B strutting his stuff should make the game a sell out !

Post by 1989 »

Who the fuck is Iwobi? :lol:

Here's my effort:

--------------------------Viviano----------------------------
Jenko---------Ajayi------------Vermaelen--------Monreal
-----------------Arteta----------Frimpong------------------
Gnabry-----------------Eisfeld---------------------Miyaichi
-------------------------Bendtner----------------------------

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

I could see Akpom start this game as I think he is now ahead of Bendtner in the pecking order having had run outs in pre season.

augie

Post by augie »

Jenks will play centre half alongside tv5 imo 8)

Cannot agree with this resting of jack - haven't seen much of last 2 games tbh (kids games commitments) but the common theory is that his use of the ball and his general all round sharpness seems to be at fault for his poor showings so surely he needs games to sharpen up ? :? How many times is he going to be "rested" ? He is 21 years old ffs so surely it is time for him to step up ? He was injured last season so how long is he going to be rested on the back of that ? He is a player with potential to be top quality but he is not going to get there being rested after playing half a dozen games and there is a real danger that he is going to be left behind as players like ramsey develop around him

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

From the following:

Viviano

Haymen - Siemann - TV5 - Monreal – Hayden -

Dench – Zelalem – Arteta – Eisfeld - Yennaris

Miyaichi – Gnabry – Bendy Bollocks – Akpom - Afobe

we is gonna get whooped upside the head.... :roll: :cry: