Citeh at home match thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Citeh at home match thread.

Post by DB10GOONER »

As for the game itself. I thought we were the better team until we went 1-0 down. Also thought Stoke Citeh were disgraceful with the amount of cynical fouls they got away with. Both Milner and Fernandinho were lucky not to be off with 2 yellows a piece. I counted at least 3 or 4 bookable fouls from each of them. The fucking irony of Citeh complaining that there were two fouls in the build up to our goals was hilarious - yep there were, but with the amount of fouls they committed it fucking served them right! :lol:

The first goal was two mistakes from Captain Stupid - or "Flamini" as I believe he is also called. The stupid stupid Alex Mong-style Hollywood lunge out on the halfway line was pathetic when all he had to do was track the guy try push him out wide and take the pace out of the attack. But oh no - it's Captain Stupid and there he goes lunging in, his brain following him about 15 seconds later - Shazzam!! Pow! Kaboom!! And then when they have us on the back foot he finally catches up with the runner and gets caught undecided letting the runner in behind him to score. Fucking moron. :roll:

We need a proper DM. Captain Stupid is too fucking stupid and a liability. Arteta is now past it sadly.

Their second goal was down to our old friend Zonal Chaos again. How can anyone, never mind someone with over 30 years in football, think you can outjump someone that has a run on you? Can someone please invent levitation boots so we can make Zonal Chaos work? I don't blame Chesney as any keeper is going to try get a hand on that header - it's an instinctive thing. The fault lies with Wenger and the system. Again.

Ozil is a world class player. But he is soooooooooo off form he needs to be dropped. He offers next to nothing. Maybe one or two visionary passes per game. I put this squarely at Wenger's feet.

OZIL IS NOT A FUCKING WINGER FFS. :banghead:

For me it's two points dropped. At 2-1 he should have made the subs. :roll: :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sorry - should add that Ramsey is back to his dogshit worst, all flicks and backheels that don't work, and trying to overcomplicate things. :roll: I'm hoping he gets this shit out of his system again and reverts to keeping it simple and doing the right things like the first half of last season.

Wilshere was immense. Great touches, gave everything, pulled out of nothing, and took his goal brilliantly. If he could do that every week he'd be world class. Unfortunately he can't. :|

barnetgooner

Post by barnetgooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote: Wellbeck had a good game and was very unlucky not to score (can we fire who made those goalposts?), loved his workrate off the ball. He looks diff class to both Giroud and dare I say it Podolski.
Whilst I agree Welbeck had a good debut I'd disagree he looks different class to Giroud or Podolski. He is a different type of player to both. Like both Giroud and Pod, Welbeck has good points and bad. He won absolutely zero balls in the air, all balls Giroud would have won and has won in every game he's played. Also his link up play is not as neat as Giroud's. But he matches him for effort and is far far more mobile and pacey. To get the best out of Welbeck we need to stop hoofing the ball up to him with his back to goal, he just doesn't have the strength or leap to win those balls, that works well with Giroud but not Welbeck. As for Pod, if he'd had that ball at his feet he'd have slotted it. Absolutely no doubt. Trying the chip was imaginative but ultimately if you don't score from trying something like that then you've made the wrong choice.

For me, Welbeck had a good-ish debut, not great. But there is certainly potential there - IF Wenger uses him right and adapts the play to suit his strengths. Which we all know he won't. Cue SanoGoals starting again and Welbeck on the bench or out wide within two or three games. :roll:
Agree with DB10. How can you say Welbeck who didn't score and missed a good chance is 'different class'? Even Giroud's biggest critics would have to acknowledge he is good outside the box at holding up, bringing others into play etc. Podolski isn't perfect but he will still get more goals and assists per game than Welbeck this season. DW is a decent replacement for Giroud until he comes back and that's all.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Done on the counter for the first and mornic defending for the second. But for the post we could've lost a game we pretty much deserved to win. Nothingg has changed, still fighting for forth. :yawn:

Wilshere's goal was fuckin' superb, I wish he could add consistency to his game though, and Sancho's finish was beautiful too.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Set pieces are a huge huge worry for me. That second goal was awful, it was an outswinger that didn't seem to have been particularly whipped and he had acres of room to plant a free header home. We were undone on a number of occasions in pre-season and conceded off the first set piece we gave away this season against Palace.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Really feel for Debuchy - He had begun well - and was demostrating to Sagna (& Gibbs) How to cross a ball successfully,

Thought a sprain would be 2 - 6 weeks - rumours circulating he could be out for 3 months - Total Bummer. :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123 wrote:Set pieces are a huge huge worry for me. That second goal was awful, it was an outswinger that didn't seem to have been particularly whipped and he had acres of room to plant a free header home. We were undone on a number of occasions in pre-season and conceded off the first set piece we gave away this season against Palace.
Not to worry mate - On pravda shedz has done an interview / video saying how we are now working on defending Set Pieces. - That old adage of horse and door and bolted comes to mind :roll: :banghead:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

I do find it amazing that Wenger looked grief stricken when we conceded goals against Palace and City from corners.
What was he expecting? Our opponents not to send their tall players forward? those players to stand in zones our players are marking and not in yards of space? the corner taker to not try to find those tall players with his cross?
The man is a joke.