Citeh at home match thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dan_85

Re: Citeh at home match thread.

Post by Dan_85 »

Pissed off to throw away two points with shitty defending like that tbh. I felt that in the last two seasons we'd started to make some progress defensively but it seems to have all gone to shit this season. Ramsey poor, how he stayed on as long as he did i've no idea. Ox thrown on to save the games with 3 mins to go, Arteta bought on in the final few mins in an attempt to shore things up. Why not when we were 2-1 up? The genius substitutions of a man who's worked 30 years in the game...

Sanchez shows you what you get if you pay proper money. Works his nuts off. What's that now, 3 goals in 6 competitive games? Sanogo 0 goals in how many games?

I think we can categorically add Ozil to the list of players ruined thanks to Wenger playing them out of position - see also Arshavin, Podolski, maybe Chamberlain & Cazorla.

I also think I'd be less pissed off if we'd beaten Leicester. If you've any aspirations of winning the league you need to be beating the bottom ten teams, and especially the newly promoted ones, home and away. One win, three draws so far. Not good enough. Already 6 points behind chelsea, we gotta start putting some serious points on the board.

Not holding out much hope for Dortmund tbh. Klopp is the real deal, everything Wenger claims to be but isn't.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Best performance of the season so far BUT we are not firing on all cylinders. As Alexis and Jack where awesome Rambo was poor.

Couldn't figure out what chesney was doing for their second goal, seeing it real time it looked like the defender may have done a better job clearing the ball than chesney palming it into the net!

Wellbeck had a good game and was very unlucky not to score (can we fire who made those goalposts?), loved his workrate off the ball. He looks diff class to both Giroud and dare I say it Podolski.

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

nut flush gooner wrote:Best performance of the season so far BUT we are not firing on all cylinders. As Alexis and Jack where awesome Rambo was poor.

Couldn't figure out what chesney was doing for their second goal, seeing it real time it looked like the defender may have done a better job clearing the ball than chesney palming it into the net!

Wellbeck had a good game and was very unlucky not to score (can we fire who made those goalposts?), loved his workrate off the ball. He looks diff class to both Giroud and dare I say it Podolski.
He was nowhere near his best but at least he got an assist... which is one more than Ozil got. :rubchin:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

per and Ozil were poor today. flamini doesnt have the fitness for box to box.

normal problems - caught on the break, zonal marking and really really shit at set pieces.

city have the chavs up next. we HAVE to beat villa.

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

Not sure what Ramsey was doing today, he spent most of the game drifting forward and wide-right, we were far too open in midfield and Flamini seemed to be dead in the last 30 minutes. The key requirement of the summer was a DM and this is what we're left with until January at the earliest.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Without Sanogo and Diaby it was a credible performance...

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Ozil actually improved after we went ahead but for a player of his talent we want more. Jack had a fantastic game, still occasionally takes too much out of the ball. Sanchez is a dream player, skill , finishing and work rate. I thought the idea of Flamini playing was good but the execution of it was not so. In other words we need a defensive midfielder but Flamini is not the man... Ramsey was poor, and with Ox and Santi on the bench I thought he might be withdrawn, although I appreciate he can score goals without playing well. Debuchy played well and he will be a loss if he is out longterm.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just got back - thought it was the best match I'd seen for a while and generally pleased because (especially when they went 1-0) I thought we'd get another bumholing. Still think we have those 20 min spells when we look wide open down the flanks, but for the first 25 mins of both halves I thought we played with an intensity that was missing against the top teams last year

Wilshere was absolutely outstanding, similarly Alexis but the 42m man has the body language of a sulky kid and only wants to be involved when we're winning. I thought he was sodding awful for more than a hour, and it follows a long line of worrying appearances for me. Thought Welbeck started well and gradually faded

One thing for certain is that we were dead on our feet for the last 15 mins, so god knows who he will start with in Dortmund

Depressingly there wasn't a single chant of There's Only One Arsene Wenger from block 2 :(

MAGooner

Post by MAGooner »

RespectTheUmlaut wrote:Mixed feelings about today's game. I was hopeful we could get a win before hand but I expected it to go tits up, as always. The first half was typical of us in a big game, huff and puff and blow our own house down by overcommitting and leaving us vulnerable at the back.

It's no secret that Flamini isn't at the level to play defensive mid for a club wanting to challenge on all fronts and our lack of defenders is so embarrassing that its laughable. I can't believe that's been allowed to happen.

The positives of the day are obviously Wilshere and Alexis. Alexis proved for me today that he is capable of turning big games on their head and he made the City players look silly at times. Ramsey can only get better this season because hes been average in every game. Welbeck looks like he can be a good player for us in the long term, he fits our style.

It's disappointing not to win given the euphoria after the amazing second goal. I felt Wenger managed the game horribly with his lack of substitutions. City couldn't lose that game, we should have put Arteta and Chamberlain on for Flamini and Ozil immediately after the second. In the end, our lack of substitutions when we truly needed them costed us the win.
Very we'll said. Couldn't agree with you more.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

same shit different season.

the defencive situation has become even more farcical with debauchys injury. wtf if going to happen if someone else gets injured? plus we are expecting mert, kos and chambers to play every game until we 'strengthen' in jan?

should have won that had subs been made appropriately.

at least the scum and victims looking poor too.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:thought Jack, Alexis, Shez and Kos were great. Welbeck and Ramsey were okay. Ozil was absolutely pathetic and should have been subbed at 55 mins.

What the fuck does Rosicky have to do to get a game.

I've been thinking the same about Rosicky. Over the last couple of years he's been our best midfielder.

I'm desperate for Ozil to succeed, but he's shit at the moment. Today's team with Ox for Ozil and Gibbs for Monreal looks our best line up.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Brady's left peg wrote:
augie wrote:Didn't get to see the game and only caught 2nd half on radio, but coming on here reading the comments always makes me smile - you can feel the euphoria, the anger and then the frustration :lol:

My cousin (an absolute rosetinter :oops: ) is very critical of Chesney and in particular the 2nd goal - he says that if we don't get a better keeper then we fcuked. Was he that bad ?
I don't think it helped the way Flamini had been playing... It should of been Flamini clearing off of the line, but the pair of them got in each others way... I cannot help thinking Szczesny didn't trust Flamini to clear so tried to make the save himself... There again I could be totally wrong, I usually am! :oops:

No goalkeeper is going to watch a towering header fly towards the goal in the hope that a midget defender will head it away. He had to go for it.
The free header is the issue.

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Brady's left peg wrote:
augie wrote:Didn't get to see the game and only caught 2nd half on radio, but coming on here reading the comments always makes me smile - you can feel the euphoria, the anger and then the frustration :lol:

My cousin (an absolute rosetinter :oops: ) is very critical of Chesney and in particular the 2nd goal - he says that if we don't get a better keeper then we fcuked. Was he that bad ?
I don't think it helped the way Flamini had been playing... It should of been Flamini clearing off of the line, but the pair of them got in each others way... I cannot help thinking Szczesny didn't trust Flamini to clear so tried to make the save himself... There again I could be totally wrong, I usually am! :oops:

No goalkeeper is going to watch a towering header fly towards the goal in the hope that a midget defender will head it away. He had to go for it.
The free header is the issue.
It Wouldn't be the first time a midget player has had to make a goal line clearance, if you consider 5'10" a midget... :shock:
if you look at it, it was heading straight for Flaminis head before Szczesny got a glove to it. But it should never of arisen because it should of been dealt with beforehand.

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

With Debuchy out for whats looks a while Chambers will be RB and we are just an injury or suspension to Mert and Kos away from Monreal playing CB.Probaby when we go to Chelsea.Oh happy day

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

donaldo71 wrote:With Debuchy out for whats looks a while Chambers will be RB and we are just an injury or suspension to Mert and Kos away from Monreal playing CB.Probaby when we go to Chelsea.Oh happy day
Wenger will play Bellerin or Flamini at RB and shift Chambers over if one of the two CBs gets injured.