Liverpool Away, our kid.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
afcforever

Re: Liverpool Away, our kid.

Post by afcforever »

They are playing shit at the moment, but will still be an hard game.
Any sort of win will be nice.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

afcforever wrote:They are playing shit at the moment, but will still be an hard game.
Were you there when Demba Ba scored ?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:I hear that for beating Newcastle, 7 days after playing the worse 45 minutes of football for any club this season, our glorious leader has given the squad a 3 day pass.
I will bet the Scousers will be in training every day this week, with specific training on our weaknesses.
Any coach worth his salary would have had the team in this morning going through a tape of Liverpool's defeat, and highlighting where we could exploit them.
Liverpool play away to Bournemouth in the league cup on weds night ,so they would be training anyway.They are weak at the back and have no goalscorers ,and I saw tht on Motd last night. :lol:

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

SteveO 35 wrote:
afcforever wrote:They are playing shit at the moment, but will still be an hard game.
Nope, but I was when Robbie Fowler scored an hat trick :(

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

TheCook wrote:Must object to the 'our kid' suffix - 'like' was good for Newcastle, but I would put 'our kid' down as more of a Greater manchester type of saying. I would go for 'laa', as in the Scouse version of 'lad'.
La was in my first sentence cookie :wink: perhaps it should have been "our Damon" :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:I hear that for beating Newcastle, 7 days after playing the worse 45 minutes of football for any club this season, our glorious leader has given the squad a 3 day pass.
well as he's got a three year pass from the board, i guess fair is fair.

i'm not surprised. if there's no TV work or seminars to give, wonga must struggle to fill his days when there's no midweek game - of course he could work with the squad, youth team, medical team, fitness team etc etc but really how many different ways can you say 'just go out and play' ?????

:rubchin:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

QuartzGooner wrote:"Our kid" is oft heard when Jack Charlton talks about Bobby Charlton.

But the Charltons are from Ashington, Northumberland.
Sort of Geordies.

I wonder if there are people born in Charlton with the surname "Ashington?"
Did anyone called Arsenal ever win a cup for Sunderland. ?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
Did anyone called Arsenal ever win a cup for Sunderland. ?
Not to my knowledge, nor did anyone called Mike Wales ever manage England!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

afcforever wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Nope, but I was when Robbie Fowler scored an hat trick :(
Well, I've searched the archives and it mentions a couple of braces against Chelsea but no hat-trick. Are you sure you weren't so wound up at him sticking his arse out at Le Saux that you imagined another goal ?

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

I was at Anfield last weekend, they're poor - some seem to think they're in bad form but im not so sure, I think they're performing exactly to their poor level. Rodgers got lucky when he had Suarez and has been badly found out since, Brad Jones is worse than Mignolet, their defence is shite, the fans are silent, they're shit. Stewards and police were spot on like so you'll have a canny trip, and win.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Howaaay The Gunners Like! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:"Our kid" is oft heard when Jack Charlton talks about Bobby Charlton.

Sort of Geordies.

There used to be a girl in our class - in juniors - called Jacqueline Bristol and she had Big Tits! :-P :lol: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

OneBardGooner wrote:

Sort of Geordies.

There used to be a girl in our class - in juniors - called Jacqueline Bristol and she had Big Tits! :-P :lol: :barscarf:
I went to school in Slough (slaaaa...) with Marina Carr and Louie Lemon. :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:

Sort of Geordies.

:barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Made me chuckle there .

No it's all set up , we come up against a team thats in poor form losing games for fun and are expected to beat and KAPOW suddenly they come out of the traps like Mick the Miller, and we are 2-0 down before you can say Zonal marking .
A third gets added before half time before we win a free kick 4 mins before the half and score with our first effort on goal.
Much huffing and puffing leads to another goal for Arsenal after a mix up in the Liverpool defence.
Then just as u think we have equalised it spins of the post they hoof it down to balliotelli who chips Chez from 40 yeards to seal the win for Liverpool !

Que Wenger " I cannot fault their spirit they gave everything but we were a little slow starting "
Que Claude and that prick Ty squaring up outside !