Bournemouth in EPL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Bournemouth in EPL

Post by Nos89 »

Just realised that if AFC Bournemouth get promoted it'll be the first time in my lifetime that Arsenal aren't top of the league in July...and there is something quite satisfying and reassuring that we are top of the league when the season starts. :(

LizLeGooner

Re: Bournemouth in EPL

Post by LizLeGooner »

It doesn't matter. We'll be top by the end of next season. :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Its not about who is top at the start or end of a season , its about who is top for the most days during a season..isn't it ?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Bradywasking wrote:Its not about who is top at the start or end of a season , its about who is top for the most days during a season..isn't it ?
I'm more of a calendar year champion man myself 8)

augie

Post by augie »

I wont be happy until accrington stanley and aldershot join bournemouth in the top flight so that we may then revert to our revered 4th place 8) :barscarf:

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

AFC Bournemouth my arse. :box:

Although, perhaps we can just accept it gracefully and revert to 'The Arsenal' :barscarf:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Hang on, the allocation for Bournemouth is 1,500 from 12,000 total seats? Wow.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Its not about who is top at the start or end of a season , its about who is top for the most days during a season..isn't it ?
I'm more of a calendar year champion man myself 8)
:lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Personally I'd love to see them come up,they are great to watch and score lots of goals in the Championship,obviously the Premier League is a whole different kettle of fish but I would rather see them promoted than Boro or Watford

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

boring town with no identity, supported mainly by young kids and old people. waste of space in this league. it might be an unpopular opinion but I'd rather a club like wolves get promoted with an actual traditional support base or something bournemouth are just a southern wigan. they'll be gone forever when they get relegated

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:boring town with no identity, supported mainly by young kids and old people. waste of space in this league. it might be an unpopular opinion but I'd rather a club like wolves get promoted with an actual traditional support base or something bournemouth are just a southern wigan. they'll be gone forever when they get relegated

Do you tell your kids no point in having a pet as it will only die at some point ?

Wigan, like Wimbledon won an FA cup during their tenure in the top flight and good for them.
Whoever gets automatic promotion goes up on merit - good football should always be applauded (and is easier for us to play against)

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:boring town with no identity, supported mainly by young kids and old people. waste of space in this league. it might be an unpopular opinion but I'd rather a club like wolves get promoted with an actual traditional support base or something bournemouth are just a southern wigan. they'll be gone forever when they get relegated
My Orient supporting mates would call this "typical big club fan mentality"

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

It's better than having the same dross every other season like Norwich. New ground to try and tick off as well

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

When they get promoted, cheese on toast face will manage them, if not own them.
The cuunt will line his pockets from transfer fees and TV appearances.

WENGER OUT

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

g60gooner wrote:AFC Bournemouth my arse. :box:

Although, perhaps we can just accept it gracefully and revert to 'The Arsenal' :barscarf:
Even then we'd be ahead of the tiny totts :lol: :lol: