The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilko49er

Re: The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

Post by wilko49er »

Just a mad thought. The final being played 1 day after the 30th Anniversery of the Heysel disaster. Lets see if the FA tossers commerate that. Now that the probably planned Stevie Me love fest, has been ferked up for them.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:Up there in my top 5 list of detestable fans behind the Murderers, the Vermin, the Chavs and the Plastic Mancs40,000 pissed up Brummies singing "Ave you won the European Cup" - lets go and fucking do them and have the Red end at Wembley singing Tim Sherwood's a Gooner like when we beat those wankers from the Shitole last year

1,000% agree.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

OneBardGooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Up there in my top 5 list of detestable fans behind the Murderers, the Vermin, the Chavs and the Plastic Mancs40,000 pissed up Brummies singing "Ave you won the European Cup" - lets go and fucking do them and have the Red end at Wembley singing Tim Sherwood's a Gooner like when we beat those wankers from the Shitole last year

1,000% agree.
There'll be claret all over Wembley Way..pwoper nautie!!

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

armchair wrote:So....................
If Spurs finish 7th they will be relying on us to win the FA Cup in order for them to qualify for Europe..............
:rubchin:
Which to me is worrying - given our habit of struggling against teams we should beat and the fact I'd rather Spurs were in the Europa League (with all it's associated disadvantages) than being out, leaving them fresher to get a higher league position next season. :rubchin: :rubchin:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

If they perform like they usually do, we will hammer them but if they perform on a scale like reading down they'll do us like they did at home 2 seasons ago. Need best team available and no silly bollocks of cup keeper, player leaving (diaby, rosicky, arteta) emotional farewell. He done wrighty out of a 98 final bow and DB10 out of CL and they were legends. Still 6 weeks away and injuries and suspension can play a part.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:If they perform like they usually do, we will hammer them but if they perform on a scale like reading down they'll do us like they did at home 2 seasons ago. Need best team available and no silly bollocks of cup keeper, player leaving (diaby, rosicky, arteta) emotional farewell. He done wrighty out of a 98 final bow and DB10 out of CL and they were legends. Still 6 weeks away and injuries and suspension can play a part.
Agree totally but I think that was easier for him because he "inherited" those two legends. Chesney is his, he found him and picked him and I'd be amazed if he doesn't keep Chesney in there - and I'd similarly be amazed if Chesney doesn't cost us the final. :|

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Is it reverting back to the 3pm kick off this season ? Not confirmed on FA website but thought I read last season was last 5pm kickoff.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

1,000% agree.

You've been at the cooking sherry again, ain't ya ???

:D

WENGER OUT

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Top Londoner wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

1,000% agree.

You've been at the cooking sherry again, ain't ya ???

:D

WENGER OUT
Well he can't cook so what else is he gonna do with it!? :lol: :wink:

WENGER OUT!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Far happier to have Villa there than the bin dippers as

a) no Stevie Mee

b) I know no Villa fans should it go tits up.

c) Far greater chance of getting Cup Final ticket from previously sources who is a bin dipper :)

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

To be expected but stand by for the same old shit:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ckets.html

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Quoted €1099.00 not including flights by Abbey Travel in Dublin. Ticket , club level, and 3 Star Hotel

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:Quoted €1099.00 not including flights by Abbey Travel in Dublin. Ticket , club level, and 3 Star Hotel
Without flights? :shock: Shower of robbing bastards. :x I'd be careful there BWK tbh. There are a few Dublin travel agents that have fucked over people for cup final tickets over the years, as in you arrive and there's no ticket. :evil:

Obviously I'm not accusing Abbey Travel of anything. Obviously. :wink:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Bradywasking wrote:Is it reverting back to the 3pm kick off this season ? Not confirmed on FA website but thought I read last season was last 5pm kickoff.
BT's coverage is starting at five so it's not looking like a 3pm kick off which is a f***ing shame

JasonNorin

Post by JasonNorin »

Something good to look forward to. :)