SUNDERLAND HOME

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
safcftm

Re: SUNDERLAND HOME

Post by safcftm »

Gunner Rob wrote:wouldnt this game be a good opportunity to play Chesney so that he will be ready for the FA Cup final?
No, we won't bother attacking nevermind shooting so he'd probably just catch a cold by standing unused in his box for 90 minutes and end up being too unwell for the final. He's best wrapped up nice and warm with a woolly scarf on the bench

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

safcftm wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:wouldnt this game be a good opportunity to play Chesney so that he will be ready for the FA Cup final?
No, we won't bother attacking nevermind shooting so he'd probably just catch a cold by standing unused in his box for 90 minutes and end up being too unwell for the final. He's best wrapped up nice and warm with a woolly scarf on the bench
Still a good chance he'd concede from a back pass mind :wink:

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
safcftm wrote:

If he catches a cold he might not play in the final........I say play him :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

g60gooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
safcftm wrote:

If he catches a cold he might not play in the final........I say play him :barscarf:
:lol: :lol: :high5:

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

Lets just hope and pray we pick up the 3 points, it ain't gonna be as easy as some people think. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Agree mate - and wait till Pulis rocks up having beaten the chavs.....

4th is still Very Possible! :barscarf:

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

OneBardGooner wrote:Agree mate - and wait till Pulis rocks up having beaten the chavs.....

4th is still Very Possible! :barscarf:
Sadly very true but I hope not. :D

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

They need a point to stay up, we need a point for third........hmm.

IF there is 20 to go and its nil nil lump on in-play!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I don't know but I'm starting to think there is a bit of cynicism on this thread... :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

this is going to be a classic match, under the emirates floodlights. the atmosphere will have reached boca v river levels thirty minutes before kick-off. theo and sanzhez will rip them apart and we will be leading 12-0 by the half time interval. the chorus of "one arsene wenger" will reach such a crescendo of noise that the stadium will rock, and the earths crust will crack open :barscarf:

better mingebag? :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:I don't know but I'm starting to think there is a bit of cynicism on this thread... :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:
One man's cynicism is another man's hard learnt lesson that haunts his deepest dreams till they become nightmares - even in his waking hours!

:|

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:this is going to be a classic match, under the emirates floodlights. the atmosphere will have reached boca v river levels thirty minutes before kick-off. theo and sanzhez will rip them apart and we will be leading 12-0 by the half time interval. the chorus of "one arsene wenger" will reach such a crescendo of noise that the stadium will rock, and the earths crust will crack open :barscarf:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tick... tock... tick... tock. It was relentless. However no matter how frequently the sound came, the perfect moment remained ever in the distance, like a rainbow's end. It felt like it would never happen, that we would never get to experience it, but then like the coming of Christ, we were graced at last. The day had dawned. Now it was not just some night, far, far away, indeterminately in the future... it was tonight, and I could almost touch it.

When thinking of the game that lay ahead many images of titanic battles flashed through my mind, fluid and quick like Mertesacker bringing the ball out of defence. Ali v Frazier, the battle of Verdun, the battle of the Somme. My heart raced as I realised that none would match this Gigantomachy of a match between two footballing titans.

The home side, a team so talented they could sleep with Susan Boyle, and enjoy it. The away team a footballing side the likes of which hadn't been seen since Brazil in the 70s. The ingredients were all there; we had the flour, the cocoa, the chocolate buttons, and this would be one epic, hedgehog cake of a game.

The international attention the game had garnered rendered pre-match discussion pointless, every angle had been considered, the Queen had even stopped short an official engagement to announce that, with Bridcutt out, she would opt to play Johnson from the start in a more central role. You could feel the tension. When this game was done, both sets of fans would sigh, catch their break and flake to the floor like a flaccid penis which has just shot it's biggest ever load all over the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

It would be beautiful, it would be epic, it would be.....

Arsenal versus Sunderland at the Emirates Stadium on the 20th of May.

Buy tickets now, or forever like in regret...

Better DB10 marra?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

You bin angin' wiv Hlebby aven't you! :wink:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

safcftm wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:this is going to be a classic match, under the emirates floodlights. the atmosphere will have reached boca v river levels thirty minutes before kick-off. theo and sanzhez will rip them apart and we will be leading 12-0 by the half time interval. the chorus of "one arsene wenger" will reach such a crescendo of noise that the stadium will rock, and the earths crust will crack open :barscarf:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tick... tock... tick... tock. It was relentless. However no matter how frequently the sound came, the perfect moment remained ever in the distance, like a rainbow's end. It felt like it would never happen, that we would never get to experience it, but then like the coming of Christ, we were graced at last. The day had dawned. Now it was not just some night, far, far away, indeterminately in the future... it was tonight, and I could almost touch it.

When thinking of the game that lay ahead many images of titanic battles flashed through my mind, fluid and quick like Mertesacker bringing the ball out of defence. Ali v Frazier, the battle of Verdun, the battle of the Somme. My heart raced as I realised that none would match this Gigantomachy of a match between two footballing titans.

The home side, a team so talented they could sleep with Susan Boyle, and enjoy it. The away team a footballing side the likes of which hadn't been seen since Brazil in the 70s. The ingredients were all there; we had the flour, the cocoa, the chocolate buttons, and this would be one epic, hedgehog cake of a game.

The international attention the game had garnered rendered pre-match discussion pointless, every angle had been considered, the Queen had even stopped short an official engagement to announce that, with Bridcutt out, she would opt to play Johnson from the start in a more central role. You could feel the tension. When this game was done, both sets of fans would sigh, catch their break and flake to the floor like a flaccid penis which has just shot it's biggest ever load all over the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

It would be beautiful, it would be epic, it would be.....

Arsenal versus Sunderland at the Emirates Stadium on the 20th of May.

Buy tickets now, or forever like in regret...

Better DB10 marra?

I didn't realise people still took LSD.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A 0-0 draw which will see unbridled joy for all 60,000 fans as the phenomenal achievements of avoiding relegation and almost certainly guaranteeing the 3rd place wet dream are realised. Wet wipes all round and one hell of a cleaning bill afterwards cleaning up the goo in the toilets as Rodders and like minded souls whack one out collectively at the final whistle