The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:We're gonna smash our transfer record going for Morata from Juve according to the evening standard. Get those ST renewal forms in folks he's gonna spend BIG :barscarf:

Even if there was any truth to this story (which we know there's not), it still wouldn't please me to spend anywhere neaof money on morata cos he simply isn't good enough and he still wouldn't bring that much needed pace to our team :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:We're gonna smash our transfer record going for Morata from Juve according to the evening standard. Get those ST renewal forms in folks he's gonna spend BIG :barscarf:

Even if there was any truth to this story (which we know there's not), it still wouldn't please me to spend anywhere neaof money on morata cos he simply isn't good enough and he still wouldn't bring that much needed pace to our team :roll:

Obvious upgrade on Giroud not difficult agreed.....but not the perfect fit for Arsenal

dano

Post by dano »

Would it be better not to be overly concerned with talent, but to concentrate on getting a nasty bastard, a player with talent but who is also a leader and can kick the team up their backside when they are not giving a damn about being on the field,.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

augie wrote:

Definitely better than Giroud, but north of 50mil for a player who only managed 11 goals for the best team in Italy. No.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:

At least when Wenger is asked about it next season he can add him to the "I nearly signed insert player name" virtual XI bullsh.it squad of world beaters 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
augie wrote:

Definitely better than Giroud, but north of 50mil for a player who only managed 11 goals for the best team in Italy. No.
Definitely better than Giroud? Technically? I'd agree. In terms of pure goal return, I'd disagree. That 11 goals last season includes all goals. For me the true gauge of a top striker is league goals. For all that Giroud misses, in the last 3 seasons he's scored;

2013/14 = 16 in 36
2014/15 = 14 in 27
2015/16 = 16 in 38

The above for me is PL average. Not top quality, and not going to push a team to the title.

In his last 3 seasons Morata scored;

2013/14 = 8 in 23 (Real Madrid)
2014/15 = 8 in 29 (Juve)
2015/16 = 7 in 34 (Juve)

Hardly prolific is he? Whilst playing off top midfielders in top teams? :|

But in his defence he is only 23 and not in his prime as a striker yet (whereas Giroud should be by now), and Morata certainly looks a better technical and slightly faster player than Giroud. But do we need yet another player that offers little more than "potential" at this stage? Surely we need at least one top quality striker in his prime that can hit the ground running and deliver 20+ PL goals per season.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

What striker would people here sign and at what realistic price and would be available :rubchin:

I'm asking this cos I'm lazy and can't think of anyone :lol:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Is there anything to be said for Theo? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Kvltman wrote:
Poldi wrote:DON'T sign Xhaka, not for 43 million, not for 4,3. Just don't. :banghead: Not fit to wear that shirt. not by a mile. Arrogant pr*ck, easily picks up yellow and red cards, totally invisible in important games (worse than what critics in Germany claim to be the case for Özil)
If the bolded parts are true he will fit right in with some of our lot! :barscarf: :lol:

They won't get him anyway...reports sat they offered £25 million, as usual

Have to get Wenger out of the transfer dealings.....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:What striker would people here sign and at what realistic price and would be available :rubchin:

Lazy crunt. :roll:

:lol: :wink:

I say we have to be pragmatic here. We need a top striker. We are going to have to pay silly money to buy one. Wenger ain't gonna bring one through the ranks and we are not getting top quality where he shops in the French 2nd Division. And ANYONE is available if you offer the right money.

TBH I'd break the bank and go for Fat Tongue at the Vermin. Two years running he's hit 20+ PL goals. And at 22 he still has his best years as striker just ahead of him but unlike say Morata he has demonstrated he is not just potential as he is delivering now - and has proven he can handle the PL.

Also, unlike Vardy for example, I think Fat Tongue has years ahead of him hitting the 20+ PL goals per season mark. Vardy is 29 and has had that one lucky "Rob Lee" season - he won't hit 20+ next season or probably ever again.

And, after the season that was, it would melt the fucking vermin's heads if we did. :lol: 8)

augie

Post by augie »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:What striker would people here sign and at what realistic price and would be available :rubchin:

If we had an aggressive transfer team (including the manager), then I would suggest that there are only a few players that should be unavailable

Top of my list would without doubt be marco reus, and a club with our financial resources should be well able to buy him - he is fast, mobile and has a good eye for a goal 8)

Obviously griezeman would be a similar type of player, but with ath Madrid under a transfer embargo, why would they sell a player when they are prevented from buying a replacement ?

Bayern are being heavily linked to a striker (cant think which one at the mo), and if they did buy one then I would make a cheeky
approach for lewandowki

After that I suppose we would be in cavani or higuain territory

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Lazy crunt. :roll:

:lol: :wink:

I say we have to be pragmatic here. We need a top striker. We are going to have to pay silly money to buy one. Wenger ain't gonna bring one through the ranks and we are not getting top quality where he shops in the French 2nd Division. And ANYONE is available if you offer the right money.

TBH I'd break the bank and go for Fat Tongue at the Vermin. Two years running he's hit 20+ PL goals. And at 22 he still has his best years as striker just ahead of him but unlike say Morata he has demonstrated he is not just potential as he is delivering now - and has proven he can handle the PL.

Also, unlike Vardy for example, I think Fat Tongue has years ahead of him hitting the 20+ PL goals per season mark. Vardy is 29 and has had that one lucky "Rob Lee" season - he won't hit 20+ next season or probably ever again.

And, after the season that was, it would melt the fucking vermin's heads if we did. :lol: 8)
:lol:

I can't stop fuckin yawning today, so thank you for your input, if someone else could just post my replies for me then that would be a big help :barscarf: :lol:

Yes kane would be a good buy but cannot see the spuds selling to us even if we offered 50 mil and old Ismael Mcwengertavish ain't going to offer anything like that :roll:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

If a chat with Ozil has happened and he's suggested Morata then we should buy him. In fact whoever Ozil suggests would be able to score a third of the chances he creates, we simply bust the bank and buy that player.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:Is there anything to be said for Theo? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :barscarf: :barscarf:
:lol:

Yep - several things. All abusive. :D

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

http://dailycannon.com/2016/05/report-h ... for-xhaka/?

As everyone has stated, prepare for this one to last all summer followed by Wenger coming away with nothing. I think that we have seen this picture before.