Bayern at home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Bayern at home

Post by Chippy »

A manure performance or a bumholing. I reckon we'll win it. Then we can claim the valiant losers slot when we go out. :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Re: Bayern at home

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Got a similar felling Chippy, reckon we might poach it 2-0

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

They will embarrass us, and rip us a new one.
Wenger will tell us that we have over achieved.
We struggled to match Watford for 45 min, ffs.

WENGER OUT

Sean

Post by Sean »

Both Bayern games will be embarrassments, but at least they will put us out of our misery. We may fluke a draw in one of them. I expect a ray of hope against Zagreb and Olympiakos, but ultimately we will fall short (No change there then).

I wouldn't mind having a go at the Europa League, we'd have a better chance of winning it (well, without Arsene 'European Failure' Wenger in charge anyway).

Midz

Post by Midz »

4 or 6 points to Bayern is most likely. Even if we should get a result in this fixture I doubt it'll make much difference overall.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

These games are always difficult to judge.

If Bayern are at the same level as recent seasons then there's absolutely no shame in being beaten by them but it's at home and we know we are capable of turning up from time to time, so who knows.

A win (even if accompanied by defeat in Munich) will probably mean we can qualify with wins at home against Zagreb and away in Olympiakos.

Long shot, but achievable. If not, who cares...UEFA cup for a few months will make a nice change. 8) and if we finish 4th and fail to stay in Europe? again... meh.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Don't care. See you on a Thursday night in February in Donetsk.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Hmmm i wonder how this will go after todays turdholing of the hornets :rubchin: let me guess :rubchin: They have a manager who is good in europe..we have le bumhole...we will get bumholed.

augie

Post by augie »

I would think that right now Bayern will know that not alone are they gonna qualify from the group, but also that they are going to top the group too. If they turn up with that attitude then we will beat them cos I believe that we are capable of beating them if they not up for the game, in much the same way as an average Ireland side can beat a top quality German side.
If they are 100% focused then I think that a draw is the likely outcome - if I was a Bayern player I would be going all out to win this game because it will almost certainly knock a big club out of the champs league contenders (don't laugh). As much as we ridicule our chances in this competition (and rightly so), there can be no doubt that Bayern and every other big European club would rather see one of the other teams in our group end up in 2nd place

RespectTheUmlaut

Post by RespectTheUmlaut »

Think we are going to lose this one unfortunately.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I think that we will win this and qualify for the knockouts. Granted, that is probably as far as we will go, but I can see us actually pulling some results out of our behind.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Regardless of feeling good after back to back 3-0 victories...this is Bayern, not some shitty United team. 3-1 loss.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Top Londoner wrote:They will embarrass us, and rip us a new one.
Wenger will tell us that we have over achieved.
We struggled to match Watford for 45 min, ffs.

WENGER OUT

Not sure i agree with struggling to match Watford, game is 90 mins, yeah Watford were physical and put a lot of effort in, Deeney runs around a lot, but seriously class tells they have no one like Sanchez or Cazorla, probably never will.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

they're shite, we're shite..

oh wait - :shock: they're actually quite good :|

0-5, mass exodus on 50 minutes after ospina decides to chuck the ball in his own goal to make it 3-0. wenger shakes his head and kicks a water bottle, then fails to zip up his jacket :cry:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Really think we can win this one, going against the flow of opinion i know, but if we play like we did in that 20 min spell against United we definitely can beat this lot.....all depends on what Arsenal turn up

No doubting Arsenal have true quality in there ranks, worry still remains with Walcott and Giroud up front

9/10 points and we will qualify for the knock out stages