Bayern at home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
donaldo71

Re: Bayern at home

Post by donaldo71 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:I'll say it again Manager got it right tonight much as it pains me to say it :o

Also Bellerin will get credit for the second goal but defensively i thought we were very good tonight especially Monreal
Wenger got it right by picking our world class keeper.Just a shame our useless clown of a manager didnt play him in the first two games

And will all those critic's of Cech yes you SteveO and augie shut the fuck up.For the first time since Seaman we have a world class keeper

Theo proved again he is never a striker.A little boy lost tonight

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:Was really enjoying the game only for TV3 to fcuking freeze up and I missed the last 20 minutes of the game :twisted: :twisted: Any of the other Irish lads suffer the same problem ?

Cant comment on his contribution for ozil's goal, but other than that I am amazed that so many of you are bigging up bellerin's performance tonight :shock: :shock: Costa absolutely tore him a new one (especially in the first half) and make him look like the inexperienced kid that he is - I absolutely believe that he is gonna be a top player for us (if we keep barca away from him :evil: ) but nights like tonight should serve as a reminder to us that he is still inexperienced and not top drawer yet, and should be allowed to develop without any unrealistic expectations

As for green/inexperienced players, did anyone notice how easily coquelin was by-passed tonight ? No doubt that he was up against some top quality midfielders, but he isn't at that level and should be the back up DM to a top quality DM

Have to say that I was surprised by BFG's performance tonight - of late his lack of pace has really started to catch up on him (that yellow on Saturday was woeful :oops: ), but tonight (especially in the first 20 minutes) his positioning and interceptions were crucial.

Overall I have to say that I really enjoyed the game (at least the first 70 minutes of it :evil: ) - it was great to see two big clubs go head to head without any of the cagey bullshit that is so common nowadays 8)

Btw does the other result help or hinder us ? :?
Bore off mate :roll: :wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Thought the ref did well tonight too.

augie

Post by augie »

donaldo71 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:I'll say it again Manager got it right tonight much as it pains me to say it :o

Also Bellerin will get credit for the second goal but defensively i thought we were very good tonight especially Monreal
Wenger got it right by picking our world class keeper.Just a shame our useless clown of a manager didnt play him in the first two games

And will all those critic's of Cech yes you SteveO and augie shut the fuck up.For the first time since Seaman we have a world class keeper

Read back any of my posts and show me where I am a critic of cech's :? Instead of making sweeping statements, why don't you fcuk off and learn to read and learn to understand what you are reading :roll: :censored:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

donaldo71 wrote:

Perhaps if you read back 3 posts you might see the praise I gave him tonight dickhead. Nice to see you've joined the "one good game he's brilliant", "one bad game he's shit" club

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

What I especially enjoyed tonight was that the game was free of cheating, spoiling, card waiving fairies who played the game at a high tempo and didn't surround the ref at every opportunity.

Watch that change when c.unt features Robben is fit for the return....

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

augie wrote:
donaldo71 wrote:

Read back any of my posts and show me where I am a critic of cech's :? Instead of making sweeping statements, why don't you fcuk off and learn to read and learn to understand what you are reading :roll: :censored:

augie wrote:
Only seen motd highlights, but I have to say that I am getting more and more concerned that cech is not going to work out for us :o

If thats not critical i dont know whar is

augie

Post by augie »

Is English even your first language ?? Don't you even know the difference between expressing concerns and being a critic ? Call me a critic of wally or giroud and I will agree with you, but don't label me as a critic of cech cos you are too lazy or stupid to read a post properly :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

donaldo71 wrote:
augie wrote:
donaldo71 wrote:

augie wrote:
Only seen motd highlights, but I have to say that I am getting more and more concerned that cech is not going to work out for us :o

If thats not critical i dont know whar is
You named me and told me to shut the fuck up. Mate - unlike a number of posters (you included with Walcott seemingly) I at least have the bloody decency to come out and say when a player I've slated comes out and does the business in a game. I suppose everyone thought Monreal was brilliant in his first 6 months too eh? Does that mean we should slate them full stop

You might slate Wally tonight - I would say his pace was the one thing that had Bayern frightened in the first half. Without it, they would have carried on pressing in our half and we'd have had no outlet. Yes, his decision making at times was dross tonight....but can you admit (just the once) that over the past few weeks he's been a serious upgrade on Giroud and that his scoring ratio has actually been pretty decent.

Cech played shit against West Ham, shit against Palace and has had other shaky moments for which I rightly criticised him. Does that mean I'm not able to give him a bit of praise in a game like tonight when he did well ? But does it also mean that its "job done" and that one game changes everything too?

How about being level handed in criticism and praise.....

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

So when you say you are concerned he won't work out for us what do you mean :rubchin:

If you think he isn't going to work out then surely you believe he is not good enough and therefore won't succeed :?

Just saying :lol:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Unbelievable Jeff!

Can't see how anyone could find a negative in that display.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

scotgooner wrote:Unbelievable Jeff!

Can't see how anyone could find a negative in that display.
Not sure who is finding a negative? Only that some people on here seem hellbent on spending the night saying "nah nah nah nah nah nah, I told you so" when someone had a decent game. Seems like we can't enjoy a victory first.....

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Great Result

No negatives for me tonight.

The usual suspects(scapegoats) ie:

Wenger - Great Tactics :oops:

Thought Wally actually was very dangerous tonight and done good with limited ball.

Girood was excellent

Ozil put in a shift.

Even Merteslacker was good.

Bring on the Europa League. We'd have a great chance of winning it :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Speaking of GKs,chesney let in 4 tonight in 4-4 draw against leverkusen

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Loosing team with 70% possession shock.

Rather reminds me of the Citeh match last season, just grind out a result. Credit to Giroud as well, brave to put his hairstyle in jeopardy like that Why oh why are we so completely unpredictable, one game BGF is seriously bad then he steps up. I have a nasty feeling that his heart just isnt in it :oops: . Funny, many international retirees smash it for a couple of seasons, but BFG gives but a few matches of serious stature per season :oops:

Can we play against Germans every week? maybe that was what upped his effort tonight