Arsenal at Old Shatford. sunday 28th Feb. 2.05pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Arsenal at Old Shatford. sunday 28th Feb. 2.05pm

Post by xisstential »

I believe this is our season right here. I think if we drop points here we're done, we''l be too far behind plus the mental scars on this fragile mob will be incalculable.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

With only 12 games to go, the margin for error is starting to slip. I think we can win all our home games against Watford, West Brom, Palace, Swansea, Norwich, Villa, but its the away games against United, Everton, West Ham, City and Tottenham were the league will be won and lost.

We simply need 3 points, end off. There is no point drawing and still being optimistic, because the whole point of beating Leicester 2-1 was to get within striking distance of them, now considering they won and went back 5 clear, if we fail to win, we fall outside the 3 point margin which is where we were before we beat Leicester.

Beat United, do Swansea at home, then win at the Lane - thats what a team of champions will do.

That Welbeck goal, means F all if we dont win today.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:I believe this is our season right here. I think if we drop points here we're done, we''l be too far behind plus the mental scars on this fragile mob will be incalculable.
^^^This^^^

Especially with the Wenger Wagon ready to lose another wheel....... Image

:?

Where's Flashgunner when we need him????? :wink:

Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Wilson wrote:With only 12 games to go, the margin for error is starting to slip. I think we can win all our home games against Watford, West Brom, Palace, Swansea, Norwich, Villa, but its the away games against United, Everton, West Ham, City and Tottenham were the league will be won and lost.

We simply need 3 points, end off. There is no point drawing and still being optimistic, because the whole point of beating Leicester 2-1 was to get within striking distance of them, now considering they won and went back 5 clear, if we fail to win, we fall outside the 3 point margin which is where we were before we beat Leicester.

Beat United, do Swansea at home, then win at the Lane - thats what a team of champions will do.

A good assessment.

I wouldn't be as damning if we get a point here and 3 at WHL - but yes, all home games must be won...on the road is where the PL will be decided.

However, if we do only get a point here - then the liklehood of 3 points at WHL reduces significantly.

Tis days like today that make following football brilliant!

Anyways - Welbeck to score and leave LVG to be reminded of his comments on Danny, in his post match interview! :lol:

COYG!!! :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Wilson wrote:With only 12 games to go, the margin for error is starting to slip. I think we can win all our home games against Watford, West Brom, Palace, Swansea, Norwich, Villa, but its the away games against United, Everton, West Ham, City and Tottenham were the league will be won and lost.

I find it quite astonishing that so many pundits feel we are favourites.We are playing poorly, we cannot score goals yet guys like Souness, among others, feel we are favourites. I cannot see why.... We as supporters are heavily emotionally invested in the club and we watch all the goings on and 90% of us have that feeling of foreboding. And I don't think it's past failures that has triggered them, it's the way we are playing, the lack of goals, the lack of leadership, both on & off the field, and of course The Great Apologist. I would LOVE for us to win the league, I just cannot see it. In fact I cannot even see us winning the FA Cup :cry: :cry:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

It's the lack of goals that puts everything in doubt for me. I just hope we find our scoring boots today and keep on scoring 'til the rest of the season.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:

I find it quite astonishing that so many pundits feel we are favourites.We are playing poorly, we cannot score goals yet guys like Souness, among others, feel we are favourites. I cannot see why.... We as supporters are heavily emotionally invested in the club and we watch all the goings on and 90% of us have that feeling of foreboding. And I don't think it's past failures that has triggered them, it's the way we are playing, the lack of goals, the lack of leadership, both on & off the field, and of course The Great Apologist. I would LOVE for us to win the league, I just cannot see it. In fact I cannot even see us winning the FA Cup :cry: :cry:

Yes agreed we are playing crap at present as if we are in a Wenger induced coma, so many players hiding or out of form, no fire in there belly

WE need to Win today....hoping but not at all confident, we will see..........Fucking do it today :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

We need 4 points from the next two games if we are serious about winning the title. And whilst it pains me to say it I don't fancy us at Spurs given how Pochettino clearly has the wood over Wenger and they no longer play mindlessly expansive football against us. So we need to win today.

If we lose here then we are done - who would have any confidence in us going to Spurs, Everton and City and getting results?

I've got no idea how to call this one - they are emanantly beatable and we are a better side than them without doubt. We won up there in the cup last year and any lingering suspicion that this is a difficult place to go has long since gone. But I can't see anything like a repeat of the beating we handed out earlier this season and if we do beat them it will be nervy as fuck.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

northbank123 wrote:We need 4 points from the next two games if we are serious about winning the title. And whilst it pains me to say it I don't fancy us at Spurs given how Pochettino clearly has the wood over Wenger and they no longer play mindlessly expansive football against us. So we need to win today.

If we lose here then we are done - who would have any confidence in us going to Spurs, Everton and City and getting results?

I've got no idea how to call this one - they are emanantly beatable and we are a better side than them without doubt. We won up there in the cup last year and any lingering suspicion that this is a difficult place to go has long since gone. But I can't see anything like a repeat of the beating we handed out earlier this season and if we do beat them it will be nervy as fuck.
Early goal or goals, that I feel will be the way to go. Probably goals, as one goal might encourage the Genius to try shut up shop. An early goal to inspire confidence. A dreary labouring, tippy tappy, plodding performance will probably lead to a 0-0 or a 1-0 defeat.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

getting nervous about this one. It feels like a must win... until we lose of course, at which point the Sp*rs game is considered a "must win" :oops: :lol:

We're such a dysfunctional side that it's impossible not to be worried. We play like strangers half the time with players who don't seem to compliment each other, bottle chances and prone to all too frequent brain farts, which is ridiculous considering the continuity in manager and players we have at the club :roll: but I really hope we can do enough to beat United; to not do so would be a huge psychological blow to our title chances.

We can't keep chucking away chances to get a firm grip on the title; it's now or never so come on Arsenal! :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

If our strikers were firing on all cylinders I'd be very confident today. The fact we are not on the goals will probably see us lose or draw in a low scoring game that has that lovely bit at the end where we clumsily shut up shop for the last 15 minutes and panic clear everything. What's that called? That bit at the end we do? Oh yeah - tactics. :roll:

Or we win 3-0. :lol: :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Another must win game for Arsenal, think it will be a borefest 0-0..Neither team are good or confident..

Offside

Post by Offside »

Really? I don't think we can score enough goals to win all those matches. I can see a couple of dull draws amongst those home games.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

g88ner wrote:getting nervous about this one. It feels like a must win... until we lose of course, at which point the Sp*rs game is considered a "must win" :oops: :lol:

We're such a dysfunctional side that it's impossible not to be worried. We play like strangers half the time with players who don't seem to compliment each other, bottle chances and prone to all too frequent brain farts, which is ridiculous considering the continuity in manager and players we have at the club :roll: but I really hope we can do enough to beat United; to not do so would be a huge psychological blow to our title chances.

We can't keep chucking away chances to get a firm grip on the title; it's now or never so come on Arsenal! :barscarf:
We just haven't played well since City home in December. This feels like the time - after the euphoria of the Leicester game and a fortnight break - that we need to start hitting form if we are going to do this.

Would be nice for Sanchez to find his feet again too - realistically unless we have some exceptional performances from him you can't see us pulling off big results in our remaining trips.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

I can't believe this thread was kept for today. Cheers chippy.

We will win by the odd goal.

WENGER OUT