Arsenal at Old Shatford. sunday 28th Feb. 2.05pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rosie_titters

Re: Arsenal at Old Shatford. sunday 28th Feb. 2.05pm

Post by Rosie_titters »

milesgooner wrote:Shit or bust now chaps. 442 at home with Welbeck and Giroud up front. Put Ramsey And Wally on the bench. BFG now has to play with Kos as that is clearly the best pairing we have. Campbell on the wing with Alexis on the other. Coq and Ozil in midfield. If we're going out of the title race let's at least do it having a go. If we have to win every game 5-4 then so be it! Bored of the status quo now. Either we finish 1st or AW please resign.

Your suggestion still wouldn't work Ozil in the centre :D :D Have you not noticed this bloke is a pussy and never tackles anyone.
Our CM pairings are fucking awful. Neither Ramsey or Coq noticed Herrera jogging through the middle to have a free shot on goal.

Spooky

Post by Spooky »

augie wrote:
Spooky wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:Very nasty inside the ground. Positive thing- some akbs are finally cottoning on to the wenger situation
What's happening?
Couple of punches thrown. But the vociferous nature of the argument is what got me, it really is a bad day for a lot of fans that were still on the edge with Wenger. His myopic comments after the game only make it worse for him.
Well this is by far the saddest thing surrounding AFC today.

Disgusting.

Violence over football - really? I take my family to matches and would be sickened to see this type of thing.

Any "Arsenal fan" who throws punches - let alone to a fellow Arsenal fan (or another human being over a game of footie) - has done far worse today than any player performance or AW decision.

Get a ruddy grip!

Tbh there are times when I wish I had one of those akb wa.nkers near me so that I could hit them a few slaps and get rid of this pent up anger and frustration 8)
It's Football - not a physical attack on you or your fellow neighbours.

There is nothing glib about violence - and going through life angry is no way to go through life at all.

Wenger or no Wenger, AKB, JCL - we are all supposedly Arsenal supporters. Let's not get caught up in all the hyperbole.

Maybe take an E next time you are at a match - Old Skool style

milesgooner

Post by milesgooner »

[quote="Rosie_titters"][quote="milesgooner"]Shit or bust now chaps. 442 at home with Welbeck and Giroud up front. Put Ramsey And Wally on the bench. BFG now has to play with Kos as that is clearly the best pairing we have. Campbell on the wing with Alexis on the other. Coq and Ozil in midfield. If we're going out of the title race let's at least do it having a go. If we have to win every game 5-4 then so be it! Bored of the status quo now. Either we finish 1st or AW please resign.[/quote]

Your suggestion still wouldn't work Ozil in the centre :D :D Have you not noticed this bloke is a pussy and never tackles anyone.
Our CM pairings are fucking awful. Neither Ramsey or Coq noticed Herrera jogging through the middle to have a free shot on goal.[/quote]
That's why Coquelin would be there, and why I suggested we would win a few game 5-4!

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:I don't get the excitement over what the likes of Henry Winter think as people like him are utter cowards when it comes to Wenger. They will criticise him today because it is fashionable, but will say nothing when Wenger comes out with his shite in every press conference, or what about the anger from the journalists over the banner held up against Wenger last season. We have had over a decade of examples of Wenger's incompetence so at this stage, a comment here and there about Wenger's shortcomings is nothing more than poor journalism.

Winter has been one of the biggest defenders in wenger in recent years, and to have him publicly turning on him like this does suggest a change of position on his behalf. Like him or loathe him, winter would be one of the most respected football journo's in England and if this change was the start of pattern of slating wenger, then it could be huge and help publicise the cries of those of us who want wenker out

augie

Post by augie »

Spooky wrote:
Spooky wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:Very nasty inside the ground. Positive thing- some akbs are finally cottoning on to the wenger situation
What's happening?
Couple of punches thrown. But the vociferous nature of the argument is what got me, it really is a bad day for a lot of fans that were still on the edge with Wenger. His myopic comments after the game only make it worse for him.

Disgusting.

Violence over football - really? I take my family to matches and would be sickened to see this type of thing.

Any "Arsenal fan" who throws punches - let alone to a fellow Arsenal fan (or another human being over a game of footie) - has done far worse today than any player performance or AW decision.

Get a ruddy grip!

There is nothing glib about violence - and going through life angry is no way to go through life at all.

Wenger or no Wenger, AKB, JCL - we are all supposedly Arsenal supporters. Let's not get caught up in all the hyperbole.

Maybe take an E next time you are at a match - Old Skool style

I would dispute that fact with you - I am an Arsenal FC fan......they are arsene fc fans :twisted: :twisted:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm not even that annoyed at the loss, i've become so jaded now it barely even hurts any more..... now that's depressing :banghead:

We'll have another couple of bad results to come, inc a crap draw at Swansea, beaten at the Spuds, out the cup at Hull, win/draw against WBA and then destroyed in the Nou Camp, and probable loss at Everton... but then the revival will start we'll go unbeaten for the rest of the season, AW will get his contract renewal and all will be wonderful again until this time next season :banghead:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

augie wrote:

I would dispute that fact with you - I am an Arsenal FC fan......they are arsene fc fans :twisted: :twisted:
The AKB's have been more than virulent against minority opposition to their messiah for many years, turning on their fellow supporters & now their support is dwindling the boot will be only the other foot so to speak!

Hopefully the Arsene FC's fans leave with Wenker! :box:

Spooky

Post by Spooky »

[/quote]

Disgusting.

Get a ruddy grip![/quote]

Maybe take an E next time you are at a match - Old Skool style[/quote]

I would dispute that fact with you - I am an Arsenal FC fan......they are arsene fc fans :twisted: :twisted:[/quote]

OK...

I see it like this... There are AKBs who have supported Arsenal decades before AW's reign, there are Anti-AWs who have supported Arsenal decades before AW's reign, there are JCLs who are AKBs, there are JCLs who are anti-AW...and there is everyone in between...

All are entitled to their opinion - and all can express it - without violence...because we all pay our money and spend our time supporting Arsenal - for a myriad of reasons.

And we can all support Arsenal in safety and free from violent abuse.

The sort of anger...as witnessed at the ground today...is far more deep-seated than frustration at football...

~just my 2 cents~

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Or it could just be a bunch of fans from both sides of the argument with too many drinks and someone said the wrong thing, it happens Spooky it doesn't make people disgusting just human.... :roll:

Spooky

Post by Spooky »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Or it could just be a bunch of fans from both sides of the argument with too many drinks and someone said the wrong thing, it happens Spooky it doesn't make people disgusting just human.... :roll:
I get that - but it doesn't make it right.

I don't think the people are disgusting - it is the behaviour that is disgusting.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Wenger on Manchester United: "Let's not got overboard. They had a very experienced midfield and spent a lot of money."

4 more years :barscarf:
How do you like your steak cooked mate ?

With extra arsenic please :banghead:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Not much to add except to say what a gift Arsenal PLC are to teams not doing well. Couldn't beat Moyes' United , couldn't beat Chelsea in their disastrous season , went to Old Trafford as favorites and title contenders. arrived to find out they were starting an 18 year old as striker with a creche for a subs bench...guess what Arsenal true to form don't bother their collective bollix to try exploit the situation that weighed heavily in their favour pre game.

Two points that are not overly important in the bigger scheme but my mood is so that they bothered me today . 1) The unbelievable bias spouted by Tyler on Sky today and 2) The fact that Man U fans are as ignorant, unsporting and vile as Stoke. (well nearly) ..both of these things we knew already.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Well virtually everything we knew already :oops: I do feel sorry for the fans who totally sung their heart out today. Our away support is so good, it inspires us a whole lot more than the team.

Why why why substitute Welbeck, the only player to actually know what the game was all about and what it meant :oops: .

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

augie wrote:
BFG4 wrote:I don't get the excitement over what the likes of Henry Winter think as people like him are utter cowards when it comes to Wenger. They will criticise him today because it is fashionable, but will say nothing when Wenger comes out with his shite in every press conference, or what about the anger from the journalists over the banner held up against Wenger last season. We have had over a decade of examples of Wenger's incompetence so at this stage, a comment here and there about Wenger's shortcomings is nothing more than poor journalism.

Winter has been one of the biggest defenders in wenger in recent years, and to have him publicly turning on him like this does suggest a change of position on his behalf. Like him or loathe him, winter would be one of the most respected football journo's in England and if this change was the start of pattern of slating wenger, then it could be huge and help publicise the cries of those of us who want wenker out
I'm happy anytime I see someone give Wenger the criticism he deserves, but it needs to be persistent criticism. I get the feeling with these journalists that they go with the populist view, so Wenger will get abuse for the next few days, but it will long have died down by the time the season has ended.

jaggygooner

Post by jaggygooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Absolutely 100% spot on mate. Wait till its September and we're slaying some sorry wankers like Watford or West Brom and in the Group stage of the boring shitathon again. They'll be lauding his consistency and even resorting to the "be careful what you wish for" shit
Be careful what you wish for works both ways though, how many more years of this stagnant shit can the akbs wish for. By next season Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U and man c will all have appointed new managers because of lack of success and I bet all 4 end up with more points than this season while we will stay the same and are bound to have even less. We will finish above Leicester next year though :barscarf: