Arsenal at Old Shatford. sunday 28th Feb. 2.05pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: Arsenal at Old Shatford. sunday 28th Feb. 2.05pm

Post by BFG4 »

Bradywasking wrote:Not much to add except to say what a gift Arsenal PLC are to teams not doing well. Couldn't beat Moyes' United , couldn't beat Chelsea in their disastrous season , went to Old Trafford as favorites and title contenders. arrived to find out they were starting an 18 year old as striker with a creche for a subs bench...guess what Arsenal true to form don't bother their collective bollix to try exploit the situation that weighed heavily in their favour pre game.

Two points that are not overly important in the bigger scheme but my mood is so that they bothered me today . 1) The unbelievable bias spouted by Tyler on Sky today and 2) The fact that Man U fans are as ignorant, unsporting and vile as Stoke. (well nearly) ..both of these things we knew already.
I've read on here several times that apparently he is a Gooner, but he jizzes himself over United constantly. What about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-_hVQvHorQ Biased *word censored*

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

BFG4 wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Not much to add except to say what a gift Arsenal PLC are to teams not doing well. Couldn't beat Moyes' United , couldn't beat Chelsea in their disastrous season , went to Old Trafford as favorites and title contenders. arrived to find out they were starting an 18 year old as striker with a creche for a subs bench...guess what Arsenal true to form don't bother their collective bollix to try exploit the situation that weighed heavily in their favour pre game.

Two points that are not overly important in the bigger scheme but my mood is so that they bothered me today . 1) The unbelievable bias spouted by Tyler on Sky today and 2) The fact that Man U fans are as ignorant, unsporting and vile as Stoke. (well nearly) ..both of these things we knew already.
I've read on here several times that apparently he is a Gooner, but he jizzes himself over United constantly. What about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-_hVQvHorQ Biased *word censored*
just look up his reaction to Benteke's quality overhead, doesn't raise his voice or get excited about a cracking goal but Martial scores and it's jizzy time.

Fu*king hate the cu*t
Last edited by IW8Goalmachine on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Tyler lives about a mile from me and is well known locally. He is undoubtedly a gooner. Obviously during the commentary he has to cover up is loyalties and has to try to find things to praise in both teams. Let's face it as we all know it is quite difficult to praise Arsenal atm. :(

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Chippy wrote:Tyler lives about a mile from me and is well known locally. He is undoubtedly a gooner. Obviously during the commentary he has to cover up is loyalties and has to try to find things to praise in both teams. Let's face it as we all know it is quite difficult to praise Arsenal atm. :(
It's quite a difference to be attempting to offer a balanced view point and acting the way he does when commentating on United games. How do you explain his reaction to Martial's goal against L'pool? This is a guy who has commentated on CL finals, and doesn't react in the way he does when United are playing.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

BFG4 wrote:
Chippy wrote:Tyler lives about a mile from me and is well known locally. He is undoubtedly a gooner. Obviously during the commentary he has to cover up is loyalties and has to try to find things to praise in both teams. Let's face it as we all know it is quite difficult to praise Arsenal atm. :(
It's quite a difference to be attempting to offer a balanced view point and acting the way he does when commentating on United games. How do you explain his reaction to Martial's goal against L'pool? This is a guy who has commentated on CL finals, and doesn't react in the way he does when United are playing.
Believe what you want, but he is a gooner.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Spooky wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:Or it could just be a bunch of fans from both sides of the argument with too many drinks and someone said the wrong thing, it happens Spooky it doesn't make people disgusting just human.... :roll:
I get that - but it doesn't make it right.

I don't think the people are disgusting - it is the behaviour that is disgusting.
it's nothing new mate, this sort of thing has happened with increasing regularity over the last couple of years. needless to say when the team and club in general are frustrating, fans will take it out someway or another and sometimes the mildest difference of opinion will start it. don't know if it was a wob v akb debate. but one bloke looked fucking furious with someone, he was ranting and raving at full time, we all just stared in amusement at it for five minutes, while we were waiting to get out.

all in all, another shit day following The Arsenal. oh well, thats football

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

One Host Gator there's only one Host Gator :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Spooky wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:Or it could just be a bunch of fans from both sides of the argument with too many drinks and someone said the wrong thing, it happens Spooky it doesn't make people disgusting just human.... :roll:
I get that - but it doesn't make it right.

I don't think the people are disgusting - it is the behaviour that is disgusting.
it's nothing new mate, this sort of thing has happened with increasing regularity over the last couple of years. needless to say when the team and club in general are frustrating, fans will take it out someway or another and sometimes the mildest difference of opinion will start it. don't know if it was a wob v akb debate. but one bloke looked fucking furious with someone, he was ranting and raving at full time, we all just stared in amusement at it for five minutes, while we were waiting to get out.

all in all, another shit day following The Arsenal. oh well, thats football
Fair play to you for still dragging your arse up and down the country watching it mate. The fans deserve better than this spineless shit being served up season after season whenever a big game comes round. I was there when we lost 6-1 and can at least explain that performance on seeing us field the weakest centre half I've ever seen in the shirt in Stepanovs and calamity Luzhny....and we were playing against a United side consisting of treble winners who rinsed us that day.

To witness our supposed first choice forward line barely getting a sniff against Carrick and Blind and watching two experienced CBs getting skinned alive by an 18 year old kid was as shambolic as anything that has gone before. Even the 8-2, shameful though it was, saw us playing the likes of Traore, Lansbury et al getting torn apart by a half decent Fergie team. When Moyes's United beat us it was bad enough but that was only just after the Ferguson era and still contained many of those players. This ragbag United side couldn't fucking beat Norwich, Southampton, Sunderland and fucking Midgetland or whatever they're called.....absolutely shocking performance and he has to go (but of course he won't)

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

I'll cut to the chase, Theo is utter garbage & if you play with 10 men, there's a good chance you'll get beat #f*ckoffwenger youdespicablec.nut

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Where do I start with that shower of shite? 14 and a half hours of my life I'll never get back, that's for sure. Police had to wade in to separate a scrap at the end, and there were universal cheers when Walcott was substituted rather than the Block 2 love-in he's used to.

It's become very fashionable to chuck around the term "worst United team ever" over the last few years but fuck me they were diabolical today. They looked like a bunch of strangers, had no confidence and the fans didn't get behind them until there were about 85 minutes gone. I know how bitter this sounds but that kid up front was fucking rubbish - his movement was appalling, Gabriel and Koscielny for 99% of the time had the easiest game they'll have all season but he still manages two goals and an assist.

There were so many shocking performances - fair play to Welbeck as I thought he worked very hard and showed about 200 times as much movement as Walcott, who is a complete and utter fucking charlatan that I'm not going to waste any time on. Ramsey was utterly dreadful today - I know that people are annoyed by his flicks but at least he is normally involved in the game, whereas today he was positionally all over the shop and the main reason why we just weren't keeping the ball. Ozil looked every bit like he has for 80% of his career here with disgraceful body language and just couldn't be arsed, and was anonymous other than his very well-taken goal. Sanchez's work ethic is always there and we've run him into the ground but his performances are just getting worse and worse. Both full-backs are so scared of getting skinned that they will happily give wingers all the time they want and let them pick a cross.

Our mental strength was there for all to see today - nobody putting their hand up to take control of the game and every single time we conceded there was just dejected trudging back to halfway with nobody saying a word. That was up there with one of the worst performances I've seen us put in, particularly given the context. I would be absolutely amazed if we got a result next week.

Derek Acorah

Post by Derek Acorah »

CloakedGooner wrote:We'll beat this mob 2-0. The deciding away games are scum away and city away!! :barscarf:
:lol:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Derek Acorah wrote:
CloakedGooner wrote:We'll beat this mob 2-0. The deciding away games are scum away and city away!! :barscarf:
:lol:
We are very tolerant here mate, but if you just come to wum, you are gone.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Today was more than just disappointment or anger, I was ashamed of the team. It was fucking pathetic.

fabiandeguisson

Post by fabiandeguisson »

Another woeful shoddy display against a poor, inexperienced United side having to play players out of position and yet that poor inexperienced United side who are playing players out of position manage to beat us with relative ease so do we give them some credit for managing that or do we just say how bad Arsenal are?

Often fans will just say how poor their team was when they have been beaten (of which i am guilty too) but somewhere along the line you have to give credit for the opposition (in todays case Man Utd) for not allowing us to play well. Im not saying they were brilliant today (very far from it in fact) but we are just so predictable to play against that teams have worked us out whether its Manchester Uniteds reserves or Hull city.

This comes back to Wengers arrogance of thinking "we are Arsenal and this is how we play and eventually we will beat you". Not once does he seem to be prepared to change his game plan going into different fixtures whether it be home or away so teams have to do very little homework on us these days. So as poor as we were today we are making it very easy for teams to make us look poor as they know exactly what we want to try and do and can therefore stop us.

With that in mind i am very fearful of our upcoming trip to the lane.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

"Not allowing us to play well" - can't agree with that. They looked like a bunch of strangers out there and had a makeshift defence who didn't win a single header all day. As woeful as we were they still managed to ship in two.