The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:59 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:05 am
Herd wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:37 pm
I have no idea if there was a million there and neither does the people saying there was. I've seen selective counting done before.
And what difference does it make . None.
you don't know that for sure though.

MPs will be starting to worry about holding onto their seats at the next election.
they would do well not to ignore the size of that crowd on Saturday - it was far far bigger than the 700,000 strong crowd back in October.
Rob ,one of the problems that both Political Parties hve had for the last three years has been that 17 million voted out .
Neither Party wanted out but the Brexit vote cut across party lines.
Since the vote both parties have struggled to keep feet in both camps whilst dreaming up ways to thwart a democratic referendum but not to be seen to do it .
They have both failed miserably but now with the stitch up as I have described above about to happen this whole issue will be put to bed fairly quickly now although there's bound to be some more high drama b4 it happens .
We are not leaving the EU and that's a very sad day for this country which will become another brick in the federal states of Europe wall.

It was very revealing to hear Amber Rudd moaning about May not consulting her cabinet about what was going on about Brexit .
May is clearly being given her instructions from elsewhere ,people with real power who direct Prime ministers and nations like Pawns round a chess board . Cabinet ministers are less than pawns to these people .
yes it really is tragic for the rich elite that we won't all become poorer if Brexit gets stopped. :roll:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:44 am
Religion is irrelevent ?
I wish it was , I saw through it at about 10 years old . Nice stories about right and wrong but corrupted for the desire for control and power. Rather like the E.U.

, the new referendum splits the Brexit vote asunder by not asking again in or out but offering several options on Brexit ie Norway plus ,Hard Brexit ,Brino exit OR option 4 Remain in the EU. Option 4 wins even if opts 1-2-3 get more votes.

Of course to follow democracy to it's end the vote should be to revoke article 50 to renegotiate for a limited time ( 6 months )or to leave without a deal.

So what about the British desire to corrupt and control for hundreds of years?

I think you conveniently forget this country's role in wanting to rule large swathes of the world for its own personal benefit. How many countries did we invade, conquer and leave them in a mess on independence? Britain has had a hand in many regional conflicts. Cyprus and India/Pakistan being the most obvious ones.

As soon as the ball is on the other foot, and there are rules coming from outside this country you don't like it, even though you don't understand half of them and how they benefit the country. It's not like we are under any military threat from the rest of Europe.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

UK imports from the EU were £341 billion (53% of all UK imports) .30 Nov 2018

That's quite a bit not to be noticed .

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:03 pm
UK imports from the EU were £341 billion (53% of all UK imports) .30 Nov 2018

That's quite a bit not to be noticed .

yes but you are talking about 27 different countries :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:12 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Religion is irrelevent ?
I wish it was , I saw through it at about 10 years old . Nice stories about right and wrong but corrupted for the desire for control and power. Rather like the E.U.

, the new referendum splits the Brexit vote asunder by not asking again in or out but offering several options on Brexit ie Norway plus ,Hard Brexit ,Brino exit OR option 4 Remain in the EU. Option 4 wins even if opts 1-2-3 get more votes.

Of course to follow democracy to it's end the vote should be to revoke article 50 to renegotiate for a limited time ( 6 months )or to leave without a deal.

I think you conveniently forget this country's role in wanting to rule large swathes of the world for its own personal benefit. How many countries did we invade, conquer and leave them in a mess on independence? Britain has had a hand in many regional conflicts. Cyprus and India/Pakistan being the most obvious ones.

As soon as the ball is on the other foot, and there are rules coming from outside this country you don't like it, even though you don't understand half of them and how they benefit the country. It's not like we are under any military threat from the rest of Europe.

Ahem cough cough - you could look across the Irish sea and see an example of it much closer to home buddy

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:49 am
Apparently there was a million people marching in London to stay in the EU. Now in fairness that is a lot of people isn't it.....a MILLION. That's a big old number. About the number of people more who voted to leave than remain funnily enough so there's the real value of a million people.

Here's a thought. Why don't we give democracy a propert try. Respect the vote and leave. IF it turns out to be the end of the world which nobody fucking knows either way then we just rejoin. We lose our current terms - so what. All you Europeeps out there would be back in the fold and if we have to pay a few extra billion into the coffers so fucking what. But then again if things worked out then that would be ok too.

Whoa, whoa, whoa - what makes you think that Britain would be let back in ?? I don't know what will happen if/when you do leave, and I hope that you lot do stay, but if you leave then you shouldn't be let back in. Rightly or wrongly the uk will have made a lot of enemies in Europe over this whole fiasco, and I absolutely expect that list to get bigger when you leave and the brainless few (boris Johnson and farage for starters) come out with their bravado bullshit about telling Europe to fcuk off, so why would they let the uk back in ? Personally I don't think ye can have it both ways …….. we'd love ye to stay, but if ye go there can be no turning back imo

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:29 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:49 am
Apparently there was a million people marching in London to stay in the EU. Now in fairness that is a lot of people isn't it.....a MILLION. That's a big old number. About the number of people more who voted to leave than remain funnily enough so there's the real value of a million people.

Here's a thought. Why don't we give democracy a propert try. Respect the vote and leave. IF it turns out to be the end of the world which nobody fucking knows either way then we just rejoin. We lose our current terms - so what. All you Europeeps out there would be back in the fold and if we have to pay a few extra billion into the coffers so fucking what. But then again if things worked out then that would be ok too.

Whoa, whoa, whoa - what makes you think that Britain would be let back in ?? I don't know what will happen if/when you do leave, and I hope that you lot do stay, but if you leave then you shouldn't be let back in. Rightly or wrongly the uk will have made a lot of enemies in Europe over this whole fiasco, and I absolutely expect that list to get bigger when you leave and the brainless few (boris Johnson and farage for starters) come out with their bravado bullshit about telling Europe to fcuk off, so why would they let the uk back in ? Personally I don't think ye can have it both ways …….. we'd love ye to stay, but if ye go there can be no turning back imo
totally agree augie, this isnt some experiment that we can try for a couple of years.
once we are out then thats it for at least 20 years I should think. and even if we wanted to come back, then we could expect to come back with far less power and be forced to adopt the euro etc.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Without being rude I am not responsible for our countries colonial past nor have I benefited from it so please fuck off.
I have tried in vain to prevent our country getting involved in more wars and destruction but still we kill people in lands we have no right to be in except as tourists but unfortunately by the time we finish with them there's nothing left of them . I'm very lucky to have visited Iraq , Syria and Libya and wether you liked their leaders or not all of those countries had high standards of living and were very safe. Imagine that ! Quite what the fuck that has to do with the EU debate is beyond me you fucking low life numb nuts.

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:26 pm
Without being rude I am not responsible for our countries colonial past nor have I benefited from it so please fuck off.
I have tried in vain to prevent our country getting involved in more wars and destruction but still we kill people in lands we have no right to be in except as tourists but unfortunately by the time we finish with them there's nothing left of them . I'm very lucky to have visited Iraq , Syria and Libya and wether you liked their leaders or not all of those countries had high standards of living and were very safe. Imagine that ! Quite what the fuck that has to do with the EU debate is beyond me you fucking low life numb nuts.

That's not aimed at me is it herd ?? :?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

anyway European elections in May - who is looking forward to voting in them ? :D

nut flush gooner

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:19 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:12 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Religion is irrelevent ?

Ahem cough cough - you could look across the Irish sea and see an example of it much closer to home buddy
I am perfectly aware of that. Didnt mention it deliberately, because of the Irish connection with Arsenal and regular contributors. Also the the potential Bloody Sunday court case.

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
When A11 talks about being dictated to from Europe it is a perfectly fair thing to say. Iraq, Syria and Libya where never invaded by the UK in the way that we created the British Empire. If people wernt so hysterical and cynical about the motives of the EU, then the reference to Britains past wouldnt be relevant. Don’t take it out of the context of the debate.

The phrase “taking back control” is another cliche that is just so far off the mark. People only look at the negatives, there are loads of laws (or lack of them) passed in this country that affect us in a detrimental way, just like SOME of the EU regulations.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Please stop the personal insults and abuse lads. Thanks.

Herd

Post by Herd »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:40 pm
Herd wrote:

That's not aimed at me is it herd ?? :?
Never Augie , I actually chuckled about your raising Ireland . The clue was in the word nuts ,quite how you can make currency in a EU debate to by citing the shame of our colonial past is completely beyond me but the more I hear from this man the less I'm surprised .
I hate it whem people try to make me feel personally responsible for our colonial past ,be it a 7th generation american in a bar in the Bronx who thinks my family personally ran the black and tans or an Indian whose great grandmother perished in partition .
And for once he's right we never colonized Libya,Syria or Iraq but we have had an active part in destroying their countries killing a million or so in the process and reducing their counties to rubble and making them unsafe to live in .
At least we left you Irish some nice Georgian Buildings ,I remember when visiting the FAI,I thought I was in BAth !

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:13 pm
Please stop the personal insults and abuse lads. Thanks.
!@#$% to$%^&*(*&^%$ you !
Yea ok Ive done my weekly quota in 1 day ,and it's been a good one !

Just you wait till the Eu has an army and the Germans start eyeing potential annexation candidates ! :box: