The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Theoperator

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Theoperator »

[quote="nut flush gooner" post_id=1107677 time=1548956659 user_id=6039

Who would be the beneficiaries of a harmonised corporate taxation system? It would be the largest economies, ie Germany, France and yes the UK. By leaving the EU, we can effectively remove ourselves from the list. That's not a reason to object to Brexit though, but nor is saying such things on a forum then admitting that you don't necessarily have the knowledge required to make an informed decision. And there you have brexit in a nutshell.
[/quote]

:? :? Dont you mean there you have it in a Nutflush :oops:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Theoperator wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:32 pm
[quote="nut flush gooner" post_id=1107677 time=1548956659 user_id=6039

Who would be the beneficiaries of a harmonised corporate taxation system? It would be the largest economies, ie Germany, France and yes the UK. By leaving the EU, we can effectively remove ourselves from the list. That's not a reason to object to Brexit though, but nor is saying such things on a forum then admitting that you don't necessarily have the knowledge required to make an informed decision. And there you have brexit in a nutshell.
[/quote]

No.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:43 pm
Theoperator wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:32 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:44 pm

No.
Oh :|

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Very good , I know my tax situation having just paid it .
You are missing my point though . As you probably have worked out I do not trust the E.U in any shape or form . I see it as a collective that is growing slowly for purposes that I am not sure people have woken up to .
My concern is for it's not for myself it won't affect me in 20years I will not be here to say I told you so but it's the next generation and the one after that I feel are being led into something that I would not want were I that young again.
Slowly but surely it is taking control of your lives . It will reduce your independance and eventually it will become all consuming.
The Parliamentry democracy that has kept our union fairly stable since Cromwell is being handed away. Our Parliament will be reduced to little more than a local parish council with no abilty to make decisions just enact the dictats that come from Brussels. Your taxes will be set by them , they will drag every last cent from your pocket to continue their lavish expansionism.
You need to get your head away from your spreadsheets and ledgers and look beyond today's figures .
Read up about Coudenhove Kallergi , look at the Bilderberg group and see who controls the banking system that you admire so much . A lot of it may seem far fetched but follow the paper trail and see the pattern of similarities that has takenplace following world war two all the way to Davos last week.
A long time ago I referred people to the speech given by Peter Shore at the Oxford Union in 1975 whilst Ted Heath sat looking like he was chewing a wasp. A lot of that speech was prophetic , a lot of it has come to pass .
In the long run I believe that my son who is in his forties and my grandchildren will be better off away from it . It's my opinion and that will not change but then I have the luxury of knowing that my chances of reaping the harvest of all of this are less than many others. I just hope that the violence which is taking over much of Europe presently does not escalate to something worse.

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:03 am
You are missing my point though . As you probably have worked out I do not trust the E.U in any shape or form . I see it as a collective that is growing slowly for purposes that I am not sure people have woken up to .
My concern is for it's not for myself it won't affect me in 20years I will not be here to say I told you so but it's the next generation and the one after that I feel are being led into something that I would not want were I that young again.
Slowly but surely it is taking control of your lives . It will reduce your independance and eventually it will become all consuming.
The Parliamentry democracy that has kept our union fairly stable since Cromwell is being handed away. Our Parliament will be reduced to little more than a local parish council with no abilty to make decisions just enact the dictats that come from Brussels. Your taxes will be set by them , they will drag every last cent from your pocket to continue their lavish expansionism.
You need to get your head away from your spreadsheets and ledgers and look beyond today's figures .
Read up about Coudenhove Kallergi , look at the Bilderberg group and see who controls the banking system that you admire so much . A lot of it may seem far fetched but follow the paper trail and see the pattern of similarities that has takenplace following world war two all the way to Davos last week.
A long time ago I referred people to the speech given by Peter Shore at the Oxford Union in 1975 whilst Ted Heath sat looking like he was chewing a wasp. A lot of that speech was prophetic , a lot of it has come to pass .
In the long run I believe that my son who is in his forties and my grandchildren will be better off away from it . It's my opinion and that will not change but then I have the luxury of knowing that my chances of reaping the harvest of all of this are less than many others. I just hope that the violence which is taking over much of Europe presently does not escalate to something worse.
Your replies are comical, if you are concerned about the younger generations then why did you vote Brexit. Ultimately a poorer country will have a bigger effect on them than anyone else. Lower economic growth has the same effect as higher taxes you know, but taxation is an unknown, you are making assumptions based on what the EU are doing with large corporations (or more like trying to do).

Project fear is a myth jobs are and going as we speak, most businesses aren't prepared for no deal. Brexit is having a massive effect already on manufacturing. probably the car industry more than most. There's no point in worrying about taxes if you've lost your job because the supply chain of car parts into Europe has collapsed.

You talk about ledgers what's that got to do with anything I have said about taxation, I have only come back at what you have said every time to show how misinformed you are. If there should be a tax levied, it should be on Brexiteers that have harmed the future prospects of this country.

Today, I heard that India is about to overtake the UK as the fifth biggest economy in the world. How do you feel about thousands of Indians coming to the UK because their condition of any trade deal was relaxed immigration? No doubt you'd have a problem with them taking jobs, housing and putting pressure on the NHS when the reality is they would like EU immigrants add value to our economy.

Who is dictating terms on future trade deals the UK, or countries like India and China. If you honestly think we hold the trump cards you are seriously deluded.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:03 am
all I see at the moment are sensible politicans in the EU giving clarity on Brexit and a bunch of uneducated ditherers who are our elected representatives in Parliament. increasingly I think we would probably be better off governed by the EU, because we are certainly not being effectively governed by Theresa May and her cronies!

you seem to be totally unaware of the damage that Brexit is causing and will cause.
1 in 3 British companies are currently planning to relocate their operations abroad. Jobs will be decimated by a hard Brexit.
you talk about your grandchildren, but I am sorry you have just helped make sure that their futures will be very limited.

no one will win with a hard Brexit, but the UK will be the biggest losers of all.
it is all ifs buts and maybes with you. Start considering some facts for a change.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

As I see it the difference in our positions are clear . Whilst I think about what history has shown us and with the likely hood of it happening again and take a moral standpoint . I am afraid you two only think of your pockets.
Never the twain shall meet , you are financially led whist I see things that you do not want to see.
There are none so blind as those that cannot see. or in your case can't be arsed to think out of your particular boxes.
If you can't be bothered that's up to you .

However I agree with you on one thing , the E.U politicians are in a difference class to the muppets that we have in Parliament. Our whole negotiation strategy has been a mares nest run by people that have accepted so many dictats without whimpering that they have forgotten how to think for themselves .
It doesn't help that having tied themselves in for so long they are not actually sure that they want to leave their comfort zone.

BTW you want to levy a tax on me too , well I have paid my dues all my life , I suggest you chase your favoured large corporations and get them to pay theirs.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:15 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xg7JwbJfWA

Didn't make this one up .
Not clear what the context is though is it ?
Stop being so gullible.

Meanwhile back in the real world what do you make of Nissan starting to abandon the U.K. ?
Yes they are moving production to Japan and not another EU country. But could this be because the Japanese struck a huge new trade deal last week...with the EU.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Could also be because they openly admit that the engine to be used in the Xtrail is not capable of meeting the new EU specifications on emissions and unlike their German counterparts will not falsify the specs to keep selling .
The engine is built in Japan and the market is going to be in the Far East and as such makes sense to make it there ( info from the smmt )

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:50 am
Could also be because they openly admit that the engine to be used in the Xtrail is not capable of meeting the new EU specifications on emissions and unlike their German counterparts will not falsify the specs to keep selling .
The engine is built in Japan and the market is going to be in the Far East and as such makes sense to make it there ( info from the smmt )
stop being in denial.
it is not just Nissan - hundreds of firms are starting to leave the UK.

You maintain that you voted for Brexit for the good of your children and grandchildren.
How will you be able to face them in the future when they have far far less job opportunities than you had ?

As I have said before Brexit will only benefit the RICH ELITE in this country, like Jacob Rees Mogg.
The rest of the population will suffer for years to come.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Sure let them have the same job opportunities that the kids in Greece,Spain,Portugal, that are all here working because they have no jobs at home

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:15 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xg7JwbJfWA

Didn't make this one up .
More comedy from the brexit camp. Did you even look up when this speech was made and in what context?

Let me help you, it was nothing to do with Brexit. His speech was a reference to the Greek crisis in 2011, and the problems that the "PIGS" had with high levels of government debt. At that time the future of the Euro was in doubt because certain countries spending was out of control.

Again you have taken something out of context and dressed it up as a sovereignty issue for the UK. The speech, by the way, was over 10 minutes long. Not surprisingly given the speech was in 2011, Brexit was not even mentioned.

So here we have more fake news that you are peddling, without even looking into the background and context of what certain comments mean. You are a propagandists dream A11M11, no wonder the Russians get so much traction with some of the crap they put out online. People are stupid enough to believe it.

Here is the full speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJth-C4JMd0

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 is just proving how easy it was to manipulate people ahead of the referendum.
So many people were conned and the UK may well have to live with the consequences for years to come. A tragedy for the country.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Actually Rob I made my mind up many years before the referendum . I realised what we were getting into around Ted Heath's betrayal of our country. Nice yacht though.