Arsenal v Palace H 16.00 Sunday 17th

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Arsenal v Palace H 16.00 Sunday 17th

Post by Chippy »

Shows how much interest there is in this game that I have to start the thread at 5 am UK time from Costa Rica. Pardew is another who has Wenger's number. Another shit draw.

northbank123

Re: Arsenal v Palace H 16.00 Sunday 17th

Post by northbank123 »

Palace have barely been able to buy a win for months. Now that any faint hopes which people may have been harbouring of title glory have now been extinguished, expect us to turn it on here and give them a bit of a pasting.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Giroud and Walcott to both score, and pretend everything is alright again.

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

Who the fuck really cares?The season is over

amazonas

Post by amazonas »

It was over before it even began :barscarf:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

They're pretty much safe and we're out of the title race so the pressure is well and truly off. I expect we'll record a comfortable win and Wenger will bask in our mental purity.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Any protests planned for this or is everyone going to just sit in silence and enjoy "the experience" ?

Sean

Post by Sean »

I'll agree with Falkirk Goon's analysis 8) :lol:
donaldo71 wrote:Who the fuck really cares?The season is over
Indeed :banghead:

I see that The Old Fraud is more worried about the teams behind us now, so he has effectively conceded the title anyway. We can't lose that precious VT, eh guys? :suicide:

It'd be great to see the banners at Cashburton, but the Stasi will likely be confiscating them on the way in and AKBs are likely to attack them for having a different opinion on the manager. Bastards.

I know it's impossible, but I would love to hear 'Wenger Out' sung at Cashburton one day :barscarf:

TOF would spontaneously combust with outrage if he heard that inside the stadium he built by himself with his bare hands (He even built the club itself too, you know?) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Palace win yesterday makes them safe. I think they will be like Watford and concentrating on the FA CUP semi final.

Easy stroll for us 3-0.

Don't get too down beat folks. We are still in there fighting for the league title. :D :D

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

We should be able to control the game and win at a canter.

But they're good on the break and we regularly over-commit players forward, who then can't be arsed to cover back, so, unless we score early, I think it might be a bit nervy (or it would be if any of us gave a toss anymore).

Blade

Post by Blade »

17 year old unknown Rasford,halfcrocked never play for months Carroll, and now Chamack will score against us while looking like a world beater.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Gunner Rob wrote:Any protests planned for this or is everyone going to just sit in silence and enjoy "the experience" ?
Turned down a free ticket despite being in London as I find going to the Emirates a torturous experience at the best of times. But would go along to any protest.

The banners will have a much bigger impact if they're shown at a home game.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

For some reason I was looking forward to the WH game but now I can honestly say I do not give a sh!t about this game.

Watching Leicester in their "hoof it up to Vardy" game against Sunderland. It is absolutely scandalous that this shit side is going to win the league. Even Souness said at half time.... "imagine what RM & Barca think looking at this, the top team in the EPL". I like Souness as a pundit, he calls a spade a spade.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Lol at Leicester being a "shit side". :lol:

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

xisstential wrote:For some reason I was looking forward to the WH game but now I can honestly say I do not give a sh!t about this game.

Watching Leicester in their "hoof it up to Vardy" game against Sunderland. It is absolutely scandalous that this shit side is going to win the league. Even Souness said at half time.... "imagine what RM & Barca think looking at this, the top team in the EPL". I like Souness as a pundit, he calls a spade a spade.
No PL side has been on anything like the level of Barcelona since Chelsea with Mourinho/Torres era, who werent as "good" either but employed spot on tactics.

Yes, Barcelona would turn them over by three goals, but they'd do the same to Arsenal, Tottenham or Utd. Building a team of winners without being able to buy yourselves a front three of MSN is (or should be) the real essence, the real beauty of sport, so lets applaud Leicester for that rather than make disparaging meanspirited remarks. Barcelona are great to watch. Theyre also financially "doped" to the heavens thanks to the financially lopsided La Liga/Spanish football culture.

Arsenal have tried playing "beautiful football" for the last ten years, but without half a dozen (Ozil, arguably Sanchez) truly elite players its simply not doable in the Premier League.