Other teams & games

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wilson

Other teams & games

Post by Wilson »

Thought I would start a threat to comment on other teams and other matches being played.

Anyone watching the Manchester derby. Claudio Bravo is absolute rubbish. If Zlatan didnt miss that last minute sitter, Bravo would have single handedly given up 2 goals for the match to be level. For all our problems, I think we have two keepers better than Bravo. I think Pep has placed too much onus on the role of distribution. Granted, Bravo can pass the ball like a midfielder, but if this is the scope of his reliability as a keeper, then City have problems.

rodders999

Re: Other teams & games

Post by rodders999 »

He makes Almunia look like Gordon fucking Banks. This is hilarious :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:He makes Almunia look like Gordon fucking Banks. This is hilarious :lol:
Surely not! You jest rodders...They let hart go out on loan and brought him in ! :?

silus

Post by silus »

Maureens face when he loses a game, is still one of my favourite sights in football...it'd be nice to see it against us for a fucking change.

MrT

Post by MrT »

There was about half an hour of that where I didn't even realise Pogba was on. They spunked £90m on their own youth player who looks good for 6 second Vine videos.

Watch him have a worldy against us, though.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Always good to see manure lose. Even better when it really hurts them.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

That was hilarious. Bravo is an idiot. Almunia Mk II. :oops: :lol:

Pogba is the ultimate luxury player. The pace of it passed him by. He is deffo not a worker either, strolling around in the middle. Ibrahimovitch has brilliant technique but he misses too many chances and like Pogba is a luxury player. Apart from his excellent goal he did nothing for the whole game.

Of course both Pogba and Big Nose will score against us though... :lol: :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Wilshere left on the bench by Bournemouth :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

If Aguerro had played City would have won 4-1 or 5-1....Utd got a lucky break of a disastrous goalkeeper but despite charging around, headlessly at times, City may have had the better chances to kill it..Rooney trying to ref again..

augie

Post by augie »

Have to say that blaming bravo for the manure goal is slightly lazy and some of it is based on xenophobia cos he has run joe hart out of town - watch the goal again and you will see that bravo had the ball cleanly until stones jumped into him when he had no business jumping at all. I'm saying that while acknowledging that I am still a stones fan, and maybe you can argue that bravo should have held the ball despite the contact, but if it was ibrahimovich that jumped into bravo everyone would have been calling for a foul on the keeper

I also think that another example of lazy punditry was awarding motm to de bryne cos he scored - no doubt that he was top quality in the first half, but in the second half he was largely anonymous, plus I would absolutely question his fitness levels
For me ottemendi (sp ? :oops: ) was out-fucking-standing today and I say that with total shock :shock: Kudo's should also go to fernadino and kolorov ( :shock: ) who were also outstanding

Pogb showed again, what anyone with even half a brain could see, that behind the hype is a very average player :roll: Zlatan again looked like the pace of the game will leave him on the fringes of the game

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

the media bumlicking of hart in this country is embarassing, you could make a bloopers reel of his time at citeh from just last season (including england) and it would be like watching almunia after a stroke. they seem to jump on everything the new fella does and it's fucking tiring, seeing as what hart got away with.

still, fair fucks to them, wanted them to give the surrey mancs some early season reality check and they did it

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

West Ham London 4-2 down at The London Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Stadium Olympic Park..

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

What about the other few times he came and flapped a cross straight out into the danger zone then? Do they not cross the ball in Spain???

I enjoyed watching City, nice to see a side playing as much football as possible and especially running rings around United. Hopefully for them Guardiola can get the right balance between technical football, trying to play and moving it at pace - if they go full out tippy tappy they'll struggle to break teams down too often. But if they counter like today and add Aguero back in - scary. I still think we will see them go from world beaters to average-looking throughout this season.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:What about the other few times he came and flapped a cross straight out into the danger zone then? Do they not cross the ball in Spain???

I enjoyed watching City, nice to see a side playing as much football as possible and especially running rings around United. Hopefully for them Guardiola can get the right balance between technical football, trying to play and moving it at pace - if they go full out tippy tappy they'll struggle to break teams down too often. But if they counter like today and add Aguero back in - scary. I still think we will see them go from world beaters to average-looking throughout this season.

Agree with you on that part - my argument was based on the meeja blaming him for the goal, which I feel was misplaced

Have to say that I feel that pep dropping hart is a man management masterstroke - in dropping hart he has basically announced to his players (through the media) that he expects players to adapt to his system, and failure to do so will see them gone from the club regardless of how big a name they are

Sean

Post by Sean »

I was hoping to catch the Manc and Glasgow derbies, but had to sleep.

Great to see egg on Mourinho's face :mrgreen:

I'm surprised that Pep wants his goalies to be like outfield players. That's a bit too much, even from him :shock:

I'm glad some people see what a fraud Hart is. He is bang average and the media's tears about him is pathetic. I'd think that Fraser Forster is much more deserving of being England's goalkeeper.

Watford destroyed West Ham, great comeback from them. They may stay up after all.

The scum smashed Stoke :|

The champions are currently 2-1 down to the victims.
Gunner Rob wrote:Wilshere left on the bench by Bournemouth :lol:
Aw bless. He can have a fag and square up to some pensioners 8)